Parks Coney Island 1950!

I have been working on this recreation of Coney Island for quite some time, but I thought I would post some progress shots;

RVmywEM.jpg

WIp1V97.jpg

6S6V0Bd.jpg

RxQjD3Y.jpg

T54P5g0.jpg

XfyH8fF.jpg

KEEZmMU.jpg

K2M7oMv.jpg

XD3Vzwd.jpg

vSKT6Qv.jpg

Is that haunted house ride based on a real ride from the past or did you make it up? Has that crooked Bill Tracy look.

Thank you all!

Is that haunted house ride based on a real ride from the past or did you make it up? Has that crooked Bill Tracy look.

The Haunted House is loosely based on one still standing in Camden Park, West Virginia;

CP%20HH.JPG

A Fascination Parlor (Thanks Fisherman!)

CjAg9TU.jpg

Stauch's Bath House in the 1970s just before demolition;

Coney-StauchBaths-copy-2.jpg

My interpretation;

0MHpHDC.jpg

TZqZBvM.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks guys!

Nathans started as a push cart on the Boardwalk in 1916. Today it is an American institution!

3fe88d0c616b4e35a4c2ffbbea12d4d1.jpg

I tried, but due to the constraints of the game, I kind of went my own direction with the restaurant.

Anyways, Here is my Coney Island Institution, Nathans Famous Hot Dogs!

Just had to put the hot dog on the roof!

3wiiqEv.jpg

The kitchen is gearing up for the crowds. Nathans claims they serve over 5000 hot dogs an hour during the summer.

8Ghic6I.jpg

Absolutely love this sign!

WCTIdYd.jpg

Looks pretty cool at night!

ihg4DFV.jpg

Thank you Spanky!

Atlantis Bar and Grill was located right on the Boardwalk at Stillwell this picture shows the place in later years, when it was converted to a snack bar;

GXrBtqZ.jpg

Here's mine. Just enough of an interior so it looks like something is going on there!

s2O7lwj.jpg

At night;

QDMd38V.jpg

elobiDY.jpg

Last edited:
great looking park - has a nice feel to it.

Thank you!

I have no information on a place called Moe's Five Star except it was a gaming hall and it sat next near the Atlantis bar and grill and a bumper car ride;

BLu5j1k.jpg

Derek's modified game booths look great, as always!

The boardwalk facade of the Washington Bathson Henderson Walk;

q59TYY2.jpg

A kid's walk-through fun house, the Kooky Kastle;

PrB0ksR.jpg

It actually houses a hats fantastic!

The boardwalk at night is really shaping up!

doWCkpV.jpg

Looking good! I love remakes with high attention to detail, precision, and accuracy for it brings out the emotional and visual aesthetic of amusement parks. Well done sir keep it up!

Looking good! I love remakes with high attention to detail, precision, and accuracy for it brings out the emotional and visual aesthetic of amusement parks. Well done sir keep it up!

Thank you!

So in my research, I have found a number of great or interesting or bizarre pictures. Take for instance this pic of the bobsled ride;

yULtv25.jpg

Now look carefully at the top right of the pic. It appears to be some sort of water or tracked ride literally going through a tar paper tunnel with a fancy facade. I have been totally intrigued by this ride, and was determined to recreate it for my park. The issue is I could never figure out what the attraction was. Since it is so obviously a temporary type structure, my guess is there is nothing about it ever written down!

So here is the rear of the attraction;

OWfM7iW.jpg

I let myself go a little bit with this one, but I think I came up with a cute little ride;

EPQf3W3.jpg

"The Spanish Main". What do you think?

I think it's one of the best pots of one-oyster stew I've ever seen! Very like the picture, nicely detailed and themed, looks good. [up]

Thanks a million!

The ride operator readies her station for the crowds;

McbPTvK.jpg

The soldiers guard one of the treasure chests;

MkYx6bS.jpg

The pumping station is cleverly disguised as part of the fort;

y2JW168.jpg

The dock is loaded with supplies for your journey. But is that deckhand really who we think he is?

vIp4QxN.jpg

Top Bottom