Confusion about ships

I have just started Elite Odyssey. I have done the training started the online mode. I am in a station where you have to complete missions buy getting taxis!? Do you not have your own ship? I thought everyone started with a sidewinder?

There should be a ship marker in your galaxy Map, that is where your Cobra Mk. III will be. You must take a taxi to get to it.

I have just started Elite Odyssey. I have done the training started the online mode. I am in a station where you have to complete missions buy getting taxis!? Do you not have your own ship? I thought everyone started with a sidewinder?

Start the Elite Dangerous Horizons option rather than the Odyssey one. That will strt you off with the basic pilot training (you can skip that by opening the game menu (ESC)) and then you get your choice of sidewinder in the starter zone.

BTW - You start with a sidewinder, not a Cobra MkIII

OP!

This thread may be useful to you...

Start the Elite Dangerous Horizons option rather than the Odyssey one. That will strt you off with the basic pilot training (you can skip that by opening the game menu (ESC)) and then you get your choice of sidewinder in the starter zone.

Thank you. So does this mean you cannot use your own ship in Odyssey?

No, you can absolutely use your own ship(s) in Odyssey, you just have to get to where it is. Para is suggesting starting in Horizons as then you will be at the same station as your ship.
Phew! Thanks

No, you can absolutely use your own ship(s) in Odyssey, you just have to get to where it is. Para is suggesting starting in Horizons as then you will be at the same station as your ship.
Okay I transferred my ship to a station but now it wont let me go back down into the lift to get to it? Okay I get it I have to do training with inter astra thanks MikyG1982 but inter astra is not on this station aggghh

Last edited:
Okay I transferred my ship to a station but now it wont let me go back down into the lift to get to it? Okay I get it I have to do training with inter astra thanks MikyG1982 but inter astra is not on this station aggghh

Are you sure you transferred your ship to the station you are at? And has it arrived yet, it takes some time for a ship to transfer.

I don't know anything about inter astra as when I jumped into Odyssey I had already been playing ED for years so didn't bother with any training. Basically though, Horizons and Odyssey share a game save, so if you are able to find your ship in Horizons (where you will of course be in your ship), then log out of Horizons and into Odyssey you will then be in your ship in Odyssey.

How did you manage to transfer your ship to a station without Inter Astra - when you need to use Inter Astra to transfer the ship? 🤔

How did you manage to transfer your ship to a station without Inter Astra - when you need to use Inter Astra to transfer the ship? 🤔
I started in horizon mode. Then I set a course for the station. I went to the Hoffman station. Then I started it in Odyssey. My ship was at the Hoffman station as was I but I couldn't go down to the dock. I caught a shuttle to another station with inter astra. Took my training. After I finished it took me to the start menu. I clicked continue and was in station I took the test and so was my Sidewinder!! I love this game. I should say I have played this game in Horizon before and did all the training but it didn't transfer my licence which was annoying.

My only bug bare now and I realise it's another post, is the cinema view in VR when you are in FPS, what's all that about, just give the option to be in FPS in VR. I would do it where when you look around you are just looking around the inside of your helmet.

My only bug bare now and I realise it's another post, is the cinema view in VR when you are in FPS, what's all that about, just give the option to be in FPS in VR. I would do it where when you look around you are just looking around the inside of your helmet.

Unfortunately that's the VR experience that you get on foot. You'll find plenty of threads on it, but I wouldn't expect it to change anytime soon.

Top Bottom