Console (PS5) DLC region locked?

May i know is the PS5 planet coaster DLC region locked? My account is with HK region, but I couldn’t find the dlc(studio packs, vintage, ghostbuster, all the DLC) in PS store, if it’s region locked, any plan to list the DLC in other region other than US or UK?

Jens Erik

Senior Community Manager
Frontier
Hi @Sam5051!

From what I understand DLC on PlayStation is restricted to the region of the game. Meaning if you have a European copy of a game, but you download DLC from the American PlayStation Store, the DLC won't be compatible with your European copy of the game.

I will double check DLC availability in Hong Kong and get back to you.

The PS5 disc version is region-free (at the back of the disc case without any region stated; unlike PS4 disc it come with region logo).
I can’t even find the DLC in HongKong / Malaysia region PS store, so i believe it‘s not the issue of the disc region‘s version.
It is weird that on HongKong/ Malaysia region of PS Store there is Digital Premium Version(released in April) which come with ALL the DLC included, but not standalone DLC packs.
it’s unfair for buyer like me who pre order the console standard version prior to release(which premium version is not available at that time), are not able to purchase the standalone DLC packs.

I love this game so much and would like to support more by buying DLC, pls check with Sony because i believe there is system issue as the DLC packs are not listed in all region.

Jens Erik

Senior Community Manager
Frontier
Hi again @Sam5051!

I checked in with the team and it looks like the DLCs weren't available as standalone purchases, as you mentioned. We're currently looking into making them available.

Top Bottom