Corvette load out for a player that canoot decide....

o7 Cmdr's
I have a Corvette for last months and I keep changing hardpoints and cannot really decide to keep a set, my problem is I keep trying to get hardpoints for NPC and pvp but when in combat zones I dont want to be reloading all the time and when practice with friends pvp I have to run and change load out it is horrible I cannot afford 2 corvettes right now.... Currently I have
2 huge Gmulticannons g4 overcharged
2 medium Gpulse laser g4 overcharged
2 small rail guns G2 long distance
And don't know what to do
1 large with medium size rail gun overcharged
.... My heating is balanced at the moment

I have something similar, except the two mediums and large hardpoint are efficient, thermal vent beams. That's very much a PvE setup though and the multicannons will run out after a couple of high-intensity zones. Don't bother with missiles in CZs, there's way too much point defence around for it to be worth it.

#cannot
I was thinking for large hardpoint long distance beam but because of heating I would just use for long distance not short

That's what the thermal vent experimental effect is for. If you hit a target, you lose heat instead of gaining it. With three ventbeams going (even efficient ones - I don't lose as much heat from them as I would with long-range) I'm constantly frosting up in CZs which is handy for avoiding aggroing the whole zone.

I have 3 MCs, in the 4s (overcharged), 3 (corrosive) G5s.

4 Rails, 2 Imp Hammers, 2 standard, split evenly, penetrators and cascade, G5s.

I would suggest try different rigs out as you play the game, adds to the fun and you learn as well.

Last edited:
Personally I like two huge G5 thermal vent beams. Quite often these alone can do terrible damage to most NPC's so my MC's, which are all the other hard points, can be used more sparingly.

I find this gives me quite a long time before I need to stock up again.

Personally I like two huge G5 thermal vent beams. Quite often these alone can do terrible damage to most NPC's so my MC's, which are all the other hard points, can be used more sparingly.

This is what I'm currently using - one overcharged, one efficient, both thermal vent. Small ships melt before they've completed their first pass...

I use the huge thermal beams loadout. Multicannons on the small and medium. The large hardpoint is the tricky one. Limited field of fire and spin up time means a multicannon down there doesn't track/fire. So i rotate a bunch of different weapons through that hardpoint:

-C3 fixed frag cannon w/drag (great if you like ramming)
-C3 seekers w/drag (great way to start and finish a fight)
-C3 fixed Cannon or PA with long range and Dispersal Field (my favorite, gives you something to do when the enemy starts chugging chaff)

Top Bottom