Could Frontier please demonstrate how to use the FSS enjoyably?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I never use FSS. If I have a mission that requires me to find a signal source or location I scan the nav beacon.

So far I've not been bitten by the exploration bug. Tried it in the early days and found it boring. So I don't think FSS is going to be much use for me.

I never use FSS. If I have a mission that requires me to find a signal source or location I scan the nav beacon.

So far I've not been bitten by the exploration bug. Tried it in the early days and found it boring. So I don't think FSS is going to be much use for me.
You should still honk and scan every system you enter just for the system data it's a really easy way to gain reputation with any station you turn it in to

I also fiddled around with the FSS scanner and I can not figure out how it works exactly. I also still have the impression that the FSS scanner is not capable to find anything I could not find the classic way: maybe by scanning the nav beacon, using the system scan, looking into the list of objects or just into the local map!

I also fiddled around with the FSS scanner and I can not figure out how it works exactly. I also still have the impression that the FSS scanner is not capable to find anything I could not find the classic way: maybe by scanning the nav beacon, using the system scan, looking into the list of objects or just into the local map!
This is true for explored systems: Data sold to Universal Cartographics is shared with everybody, which is why your map is populated when honking an explored or existing system in the bubble.
In unexplored space, you need to populate your navigation panel and system map by using the spectrum scanner.

As for the thread, Adam Bourke-Waite said back in June, in this very thread, that there are no plans to change the way the FSS works.
You're free to suggest ways to improve it, and they will be considered, but demanding to see a video of why its current iteration is fun to you is like a purveyor of nice sandwiches being asked to make a nice sandwich, by someone who doesn't like sandwiches*.

*Ending on an analogy is cheap and childish but funny

Dogs can see color...
So how are they going to tell you? Or do the dogs in your country communicate in your native language 🐶

Perhaps I should have been specific and suggested green :p

While we can't ask dogs to read an eye chart or pick out colors, behavioral tests suggest that dogs see in shades of yellow and blue and lack the ability to see the range of colors from green to red. In other words, dogs see the colors of the world as basically yellow, blue, and gray.

Meanwhile back in the game, everyone and their dog is thrilled by the FSS experience.
VuduSR1thumb.gif

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom