CQC 5.5 years old. Update 1 due yet?

O7 Commander Evolution, thanks for your message. I do my best to get back to people when they tag me on the forums so apologies if I missed something of yours earlier.

With regards to CQC, I've paid close attention to what's been asked for and worked with players directly and used what I've read on the forums to document suggestions and changes. This proposal has been passed along to the development team so now it's for them and production to run with. As and when there's anything to share, I'll be delighted to share it, knowing how much love there is for CQC.
Nice to know there's been some progress on that.

I do like a good CQC match from time to time, the balance between the ships is almost perfect

hmmm. I'm getting the feeling that cross-play CQC will never be a thing.

Looks like Frontier might need to bring in bots in the mid/long term after an actual update in the mid term unless they just pull the plug on Elite.

CQC will be 6.5 years old soon!

hmmm. I'm getting the feeling that cross-play CQC will never be a thing.

Looks like Frontier might need to bring in bots in the mid/long term after an actual update in the mid term unless they just pull the plug on Elite.

CQC will be 6.5 years old soon!
Cross play between PS, XBox and PC will never be a thing because of Sony's privacy policy (Sony won't allow any P2P-based game to be cross platform).
Cross play between PC-Odyssey and PC-Horizons....guess it all depends on when the "big merge" happens. But is it even going to happen, tho?

Separating the matchmakers was a pretty pointless move tho. CQC-Odyssey and CQC-Horizons are the very same game, there was no reason to split them....

Cross play between PS, XBox and PC will never be a thing because of Sony's privacy policy (Sony won't allow any P2P-based game to be cross platform).
Cross play between PC-Odyssey and PC-Horizons....guess it all depends on when the "big merge" happens. But is it even going to happen, tho?
I really don't think it'll happen mate but take a look at this thread from last year about cross-platform avenues:
The court case between Epic Games and Apple has revealed a whole host of interesting nuggets.

One of the issues it's delved into being cross-play and the internet outrage that Sony has charged Epic games royalties on cross-play for Fortnite.

This article says it all much better than I can but, it's interesting that for a F2P game like Fortnite Sony understandably wants it's price of flesh, when the game is majority played on PS4.

What the case and article makes it clear this affects F2P games. Obviously Elite Dangerous isn't F2P.

My feeling is that if FDev wanted to do it, they could. Technically could it be achieved is another issue.

I don't think it's Sony blocking it at all contrary to some of the narrative floating around about cross play with Elite Dangerous.

Separating the matchmakers was a pretty pointless move tho. CQC-Odyssey and CQC-Horizons are the very same game, there was no reason to split them....

Yeah, it's a shame.

I really don't think it'll happen mate but take a look at this thread from last year about cross-platform avenues:
The article is about F2P, I mentioned P2P, which is a completely different thing.

Fortnite has a client-server based network architecture, meaning that you'll never be able to get the IP addresses of people playing with you because everyone is connected to a server that is not under players control

With P2P, as in Elite Dangerous, everyone is connected to each other, and any player is always able to get the IP addresses of every other player in the session and even lookup their location (unless they - wisely - use a VPN).

Sony (apparently - and stupidly -) believes there's no way to track other people's IPs if you're playing from a PS4, so they just won't allow cross playform play if a game is P2P based.

The article is about F2P, I mentioned P2P, which is a completely different thing.

Fortnite has a client-server based network architecture, meaning that you'll never be able to get the IP addresses of people playing with you because everyone is connected to a server that is not under players control

With P2P, as in Elite Dangerous, everyone is connected to each other, and any player is always able to get the IP addresses of every other player in the session and even lookup their location (unless they - wisely - use a VPN).

Sony (apparently - and stupidly -) believes there's no way to track other people's IPs if you're playing from a PS4, so they just won't allow cross playform play if a game is P2P based.
Ah, thank you. That was very insightful

Top Bottom