Crazy thought (fdev?)

so its kinda clear that the xeno war is about to take a step up I think. So fun crazy thought...
players being aloud to port to run a thargoid ship, but with no real gain, and only in open play? No way to ID players from NPC players maybe. Just seems like a good way to get more peeps in open.

Anyway just an idea thought it might make a fun discussion.

64z7bv.jpg

Scouts might be a giggle, but they’re a bit too limited. Unless you get to be a regenerator, and run away at top speed while spamming healing for all other scouts in the instance.

not at all, no. There are will always be as things stand good reasons to play solo. This is simply a food for thought discussion on a specific way to increase open activity

Open only threads come in many shapes and forms, and often they don't start out looking like one. Hence the disguise part.

Give it a few pages and someone will be calling for solo players not being able to affect the BGS or powerplay, because they are obviously a superior being because they play in open and this has to be acknowledged!

Open only threads come in many shapes and forms, and often they don't start out looking like one. Hence the disguise part.

Give it a few pages and someone will be calling for solo players not being able to affect the BGS or powerplay, because they are obviously a superior being because they play in open and this has to be acknowledged!
Only console players, because you know, what’s the point?

:D S

well I'd say entirely too many changes would have to come to the game to move to open only that it simply might look like the same game, but would no longer be the same. What's more I have seen the death of many a game that ended up inadvertently alienating the new guy. No, MO is that open only would be a bad idea that could result in the slow demise of the game. Given that, so far your the only one trying to take the thread in that direction. sheep say bark?

Makes me wonder what the inside of a Thargoid ship would look like. Do thargoids have ships?, I thought they just 'were' thats what it is, a Thargoid is the ship? Is that right?

Interesting. Please elaborate?
IIRC, at the end of the third game (First Encounters), you could either deliver the virus or save the Thargoids. If you stood by them you got rewarded with a Thargoid vessel, but our present universe seems to have gone with infecting them with the virus.. So different endings depending on your choices.

Still players have flown Thargoid ships in the past!

Edit: There are quite a few POIs with interesting logs to investigate, like the INRA stations and Jameson's crash site.

Last edited:
IIRC, at the end of the third game (First Encounters), you could either deliver the virus or save the Thargoids. If you stood by them you got rewarded with a Thargoid vessel, but our present universe seems to have gone with infecting them with the virus.. So different endings depending on your choices.

Still players have flown Thargoid ships in the past!

Edit: There are quite a few POIs with interesting logs to investigate, like the INRA stations and Jameson's crash site.
Sadly I've not experienced the older games. That's interesting stuff though. Yes, I've reviewed many logs, including Jameson. That ones a bit tragic really. Still, to the point: thats very interesting. I had originally started the thread as just a fun idea to banter about. This suggests that perhaps there's some credence to the idea.

Sadly I've not experienced the older games. That's interesting stuff though. Yes, I've reviewed many logs, including Jameson. That ones a bit tragic really. Still, to the point: thats very interesting. I had originally started the thread as just a fun idea to banter about. This suggests that perhaps there's some credence to the idea.
We'll have to see what FDev does...

I think you can still get the old games and play them with emulators. Still graphics can't compare with ED! :D

There is also an open source game called oolite: http://www.oolite.org/ I've never played it, but I've heard that Thargoid ships have been added as expansions. It has better graphics than the original games.

Top Bottom