Current best Fed rank grind?

Do we get a new set of Damaged stations every Thursday? If so, do you know what time on Thursdays?
There are two phases that decide if there are new damage stations
  1. If the defence of the thargoids is done correctly from the info from the Eagle Eye system and the numbers of thargoid kills in every system reaches the undisclosed number then there will be no new systems attacked... so no new stations damaged...
  2. If all of the incursion sites in systems with damaged stations are repelled by winning enough AX conflict zones then there will be no extra stations damaged in systems and all stations will go in to repair phase only for the incursion system..
If both of these are met then there will be no new damaged stations...
Currently phase 1 fails regular as there are not enough players to counter the thargoids for phase one to complete as a clean sweep of the rumoured systems and the systems are attacked at 700am GMT/UTC/IGT with the server tick that takes the server offline on every thursday... phase two with the AX zones are cleared regular and are shown on galnet as cleared with up dates every day on galnet... Not all stations are fed and any that are attacked may only be Empire or independant...
To see the rumoured systems were thargoid were likely to attackand players had to check each system to kill thargoids are listed in the alien section of the forum after players decode the Eagle Eye messages...

EE1: Dan (NHSS confirmed)
EE2: Opetes (NHSS confirmed)
EE3: Obassi Osaw (NHSS confirmed) Fed controlled
EE4: HIP 30045 (NHSS confirmed)
EE5: Farowalan (NHSS confirmed)
EE6: Tamit (NHSS confirmed)

So all these "could" be possible systems that damaged stations "could" show up...
Only one system is fed controlled but if it was defended then is wont get damaged...
Tamit is not fed controlled but has 3 fed factions... at the location.. but there influence is very low so some ones gong to have to fly out there if the system is attacked to see what it offers...

Edit = as the other section states do not park in a targeted system befoere server tick as its effected login post server restart before...

Last edited:
Thank you for the swift and thorough reply.

That is a very interesting game story-line I had not heard before.

5 systems are burning.
Irens DockTamitDamaged/IndustrialDictatorshipIndependent0 Ly
D8XSVo6WwAAI5QL

First run
Timat system offered 20 fed passenger missions... 8 +8 +4 total from the 3 factions. 13 were are rep +++ rest are rep+ that will more than make up for the station not being fed controlled... as normal passengers per mission will be random..

Nearest fed system for rank up mission is...
GorengathiIndustrial/MilitaryConfederacyFederation28.68 Ly

Last edited:
I think the data missions drying up is by design. I’m taking assassination missions and the odd delivery mission when they crop up and my rep seems to be gaining at the same rate per hour.

(sorry for taking this necro)...

I am doing those 180to trucking-Rep++++/+ missions in Ceos/Sothis currently with a Krait MK II in addition to data-missions. I did those a full day (actually just being in the Ceos System and flying between those stations, a lot of SC), got a lot of interdictions (which I use to grind my combat rank in parallel). So I went from "Chief petty officer" to "Lieutenant" in this time. good thing on those 180to-missions is a nice amount of credits you get. Data missions are mostly Rep++ for no credits at all...

Now that rescue missions are dead, wanted to see if anyone knew of alternative federation rank grind methods/systems, and also wondered if anyone has a reccomended ship and build that would cover stacking data,those juicy cargo run missions and being able to clap the cheeks of any pirates interdiction me 5 times a trip? I have access to all ships bar Corvette obviously. I've found the info out there pretty vague and frustrating so far. I've been using ceos /sothis and another triangle route nearer the bubble but been doing other things lately and want to get back to it, but efficiently.
Thank you Commanders

This Python can cover a great deal of mission types. From planetary to assassination (no wing missions tho) to megaship to rescue hostages/blackboxes to supply/delivery
Settle in a system with lots of fed factions and pick all the missions with +rep
Swap internals as needed. If you find yourself doing mostly cargo, replace everything with cargo racks, etc

This Python can cover a great deal of mission types. From planetary to assassination (no wing missions tho) to megaship to rescue hostages/blackboxes to supply/delivery
Settle in a system with lots of fed factions and pick all the missions with +rep
Swap internals as needed. If you find yourself doing mostly cargo, replace everything with cargo racks, etc

Thankyou, I will get on that and have a go, have been looking for an excuse to play with the python for a while. How does it compare to using say an anaconda or a cutter? I suppose the medium ship size is a big plus point? I'm just looking for maximum efficiency I suppose.

Also can I ask, why turreted and oversized beams, doesn't that overheat like mad?

Also can I ask, why turreted and oversized beams, doesn't that overheat like mad?

Nah, heat is ok as long as you dont drain the capacitor. And it's me being lazy and cheap and not wanting to synth ammo in combat
Sometimes i stack kill pirates missions :)

How does it compare to using say an anaconda or a cutter? I suppose the medium ship size is a big plus point? I'm just looking for maximum efficiency I suppose.

well, some missions to outposts are giving nice +rep, why wasting those?

İm doing assasination missions in Sol,playing 3-5 hours at night and got 2 more ranks left for federal corvette and its been 4 days only i guess.enemys are overpowered 1 fdl 3 vultures usually.
İm using anaconda with 5k shield 3.5 k hull (enough to escape if shield re down but they never made it

well, some missions to outposts are giving nice +rep, why wasting those?

While they can give nice +Rep, you can only go to one place at a time, and you can only accept so many missions at once. It's more or less a wash, just go to wherever the most missions point you.

I agree. When grinding for my Vette i also used a python.
I used an anaconda so I could stack missions, thus ranking up twice as fast as I would if I'd used a python (which is really just a pint-sized anaconda with less armour, shields, cargo room, utility slots and hard points!)

It's ironic, really - the best ship for grinding passenger transport or damaged station is the Corvette.
Now I have my corvette, it's like a lighter, more maneuverable anaconda, but it has way more cargo capacity, and stronger shields. As you stated above: the best ship for gaining rank is the ship you're gaining rank to get!

I used an anaconda so I could stack missions, thus ranking up twice as fast as I would if I'd used a python (which is really just a pint-sized anaconda with less armour, shields, cargo room, utility slots and hard points!)
The one issue with stacking missions is the agents that get sent after you to wreck the mission (by wrecking your ship). But an engineered anaconda with 2 C4 SCB's and a HSL means you can destroy those ne'er do wells (usually there's 4 of them, and for some reason they decide to take you on 1 at a time, thank God!), pick up some nice mats (they usually fly anacondas), and have a bit of fun on the way to the next mission objective.

Top Bottom