Game Discussions Cyberpunk 2077 - official gameplay

I remember the first time I found Totentanz, I was wandering around Watson prior to going and doing the heist, and just found this big X on a wall, strolled in, saw some folks having a smoke as one of them played a guitar, found the lift and went up, and was just like "Oh, THESE are my people"

I like that there's even the balcony outside (Hell of a view of the skyline) that folks are taking time out on. Really took me back to some nights out in my 20s.

VTM bloodlines definitely had some solid clubs though.
LOL, yeah I think we all find a bit of our younger self in that game, what i find so interesting is that you have to find it, it's not forced on you, you have to actively search for it, also something i noticed is that in 2.0 the gang wars are much more alive, you go down a small alley and suddenly there is a dude slapping a woman in the face, man the first time I saw that i was really surprised, one of his mates started to yell at me to F off or else, so i chopped his head off and went into John Wick mode but that was really not expected.

LOL, yeah I think we all find a bit of our younger self in that game, what i find so interesting is that you have to find it, it's not forced on you, you have to actively search for it, also something i noticed is that in 2.0 the gang wars are much more alive, you go down a small alley and suddenly there is a dude slapping a woman in the face, man the first time I saw that i was really surprised, one of his mates started to yell at me to F off or else, so i chopped his head off and went into John Wick mode but that was really not expected.
There were some scripted random encounters and a police car chase before. It wasn't very organic. Overall the game was too peaceful in general. I liked the mass fleeing of the crowd when something significant and bad happens. Empty streets in seconds. Having some evil agent slip into a random NPC - that'd be probably quite cool.

I've seen new mods that get these gangs even more active across the city, with them riding cars and bring chaos to random parts of the city.
Some of the mods are very powerful, I used some for adding night vision and visual buff, I also added a police buff as it's fun to have to evade them all the time.
My mods installed so far.
1698835121467.png

Attachments

• 1698828635127.png
    1698828635127.png
    46.2 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
Well I completed the story, darn there are many options, and to be honest choosing one to be canon is very difficult, so I will focus on the new ending.

SPOILER!!

The new ending is very sad, and I hated it, however from a story point of view it's how you tell a good story, if we didn't care we as the player would not be emotional invested hence the impact of our choices with V's crazy path through Night City would not matter, but they do, and it all comes to an end, not one where we ride into the sunset, but one where we fade away into the masses of npc's in Night City, we're no longer important, Night City has changed and V has changed, no one care anymore who we were, who we knew, we are dust in the wind, a shadow of what we were. THIS was the sad part, yes we live, we can get old and smell slightly of urine as Dex said, however we are no longer what we were, and never will be. I gave up Songbird to the FIA after the killing moon quest, to survive, but to pay a heavy price, Johnny is gone, lost all my "friends" no longer wanted in the world, Panam moved on, Judy is no longer there, it's a f'ing sad ending, but good from a story point of view, we are emotional invested in the story and in V's journey and that is rare these days in games or movies.

So what would my perfect ending be? well there is only two options, leaving with Panam and the Nomads, or going to space and get an ending where you can imagine a lot as it's kind of a cliffhanger.

I don't know what CP2077 part 2 will be about, lets see in 3-4 years, CDPR said that this is the last DLC, I still have many quest I didn't do so a new play through is certain.

Last edited:
Well I completed the story, darn there are many options, and to be honest choosing one to be canon is very difficult, so I will focus on the new ending.
(didnt read the spoiler I have yet to play the DLC) - I think the "hidden ending" in vanilla game was the actual canon ending, maybe there's also a hidden option in the DLC ?

(didnt read the spoiler I have yet to play the DLC) - I think the "hidden ending" in vanilla game was the actual canon ending, maybe there's also a hidden option in the DLC ?
There are many options, all depends of what your choices are, there are now an additional layer of possibilities, of the old endings I like leaving with Panam or the space ending, it depends who your character has become, I like them both kind of, but settling down with the nomads, among friends and die in peace sounds good, the space ending you pay the price of leaving Panam, but you will become a legend in Night City. It's really good story telling, so rare in the game or movie world these days.

SPOILER!!

The new ending is very sad, and I hated it, however from a story point of view it's how you tell a good story, if we didn't care we as the player would not be emotional invested hence the impact of our choices with V's crazy path through Night City would not matter, but they do, and it all comes to an end, not one where we ride into the sunset, but one where we fade away into the masses of npc's in Night City, we're no longer important, Night City has changed and V has changed, no one care anymore who we were, who we knew, we are dust in the wind, a shadow of what we were. THIS was the sad part, yes we live, we can get old and smell slightly of urine as Dex said, however we are no longer what we were, and never will be. I gave up Songbird to the FIA after the killing moon quest, to survive, but to pay a heavy price, Johnny is gone, lost all my "friends" no longer wanted in the world, Panam moved on, Judy is no longer there, it's a f'ing sad ending, but good from a story point of view, we are imotional invested in the story and in V's journey and that is rare these days in games or movies.

So what would my perfect ending be? well there is only two options, leaving with Panam and the Nomads, or going to space and get an ending where you can imagine a lot as it's kind of a cliffhanger.

I don't know what CP2077 part 2 will be about, lets see in 3-4 years, CDPR said that this is the last DLC, I still have many quest I didn't do so a new play through is certain.
Have you played Nomad background?

Have you played Nomad background?
My first playthrough was a Nomad and the whole arc felt so perfectly designed for that character.
Leaving the city with Panam, wearing the Aldecaldos jacket, felt like the story which began with ripping off that Bakkers patch in front of the mirror coming full circle and resolving itself, especially after all the smaller Nomad encounters throughout the game and its side gigs.

No, as the game was unplayable for me at launch in 2020, I just finished the street kid arc, i will do corpo and nomad, and try to choose differently :)
You can choose help from friends in final (vanilla mission) - should give you a nomad ending when you have friends in Aldecados. I assume these endings haven't changed with 2.0.

You can choose help from friends in final (vanilla mission) - should give you a nomad ending when you have friends in Aldecados. I assume these endings haven't changed with 2.0.
no, but there is a new ending and i completed that one, but i dont want to spoil it for those who haven't completed the dlc yet.

don't know about you guys but i get James Bond wipes listing to this title song from phantom liberty.

Last edited:
There are many options, all depends of what your choices are, there are now an additional layer of possibilities, of the old endings I like leaving with Panam or the space ending, it depends who your character has become, I like them both kind of, but settling down with the nomads, among friends and die in peace sounds good, the space ending you pay the price of leaving Panam, but you will become a legend in Night City. It's really good story telling, so rare in the game or movie world these days.
I just started a new playthough after getting the dlc.
My first playthough ended with me leaving with Panam, it was a good ending but sad nevertheless.
Call me a softy but I'm a sucker for good endings, it left me sour for a couple days.
Still, the story and the game as a whole is very well putt together, good enough for another emotional breakdown.
I'm really liking the 2.0 changes so far.

no, but there is a new ending and i completed that one, but i dont want to spoil it for those who haven't completed the dlc yet.

don't know about you guys but i get James Bond wipes listing to this title song from phantom liberty.
I looked under the spoiler. I does sound like another chapter for another lifetime. Vanilla story still is untouched I assume? With the early mission you do with the buddy?

I just started a new playthough after getting the dlc.
My first playthough ended with me leaving with Panam, it was a good ending but sad nevertheless.
Call me a softy but I'm a sucker for good endings, it left me sour for a couple days.
Still, the story and the game as a whole is very well putt together, good enough for another emotional breakdown.
I'm really liking the 2.0 changes so far.
Yeah, there is no real happy endings. They are all tragic. Maybe you end up as edgerunner. And new DLC ending asks you if being edgerunner is the real deal?

Top Bottom