Newcomer / Intro Data deliver missions- credit toward trade rank?

So I haven't been able to find answer to this question so I thought I would try here. Do data delivery missions/courier(data delivery) missions give credit toward trade rank? If so, do bonuses received on those data delivery missions also count toward trade rank or is only the original amount credited toward trade rank? I ask because I have done 10's of millions of credits worth of these along with cargo deliveries but it seems like only the cargo related missions result in an increase in trade rank.

Last edited:
Has FD given any justification for this? They are tied to trade because of recommended trade rank and they spawn enemies just like normal trade missions so them not counting toward trade rank doesn't make any sense.

That’s interesting. I’m a Broker in trading and I’ve virtually done no trading at all since starting ( I’m losing track, two or three months-ish.) Other than taking cigars and some bits and bobs to engineers the only things I’ve really traded in are selling some mission rewards, most of which came before 3.0 since when I’d take Rep and/or cash over items to sell.

I’m Elite in Explorer and that came, seemingly, very quickly - though I now realise some players rarely leave the bubble ( doing a 5000 ly journey for Marco Quent or Prof Palin, I forget which, is a big deal for some) - possibly too quickly. Broker is closer to Elite than Penniless and surely I shouldn’t be closer to Elite without making what feels like a concerted effort to get there?! In fact the only ranking that seems harder to achieve is the combat rank and I suppose that’s more because I put off learning combat for longer than exploring....and trading, it would seem.

I’d assumed that mission rewards could add to trading rank. I don’t doubt I’m wrong, just quite surprised.

Last edited:
Top Bottom