Dear Frontier, can you help me?

I am aware of the ability to transfer credits from PS4 to PC. Having preordered the game on PS4 and played many hours on that platform before recently switching to PC, I have a lot of wealth on PS4 between my two CMDRs there. The thing is, I elected not to wipe my PS4 saves and transfer my credits when I started my PC account because I wanted to experience Elite on PC as a "new" player. Until recently, I've had no regrets with this decision. Then came Fleet Carriers.

With three years and a TON of hours under my belt, I definitely feel like an end-game player. Also, now that I've experienced VR on PC, I really have no intention to go play my PS4 CMDRs again, and if I do, I don't mind starting a fresh save. So is there any way I can transfer my credits from PS4 to PC after I have an established CMDR on PC? After all, it was the bugs on the PS4 platform that caused me to buy a PC (and Elite again, and the same paints again), so it's not like I'm getting something for nothing. I'm just asking to be able to do what you already offer players, except with an established CMDR rather than a new CMDR.

If the answer is yes, please don't do it yet. I need to liquidate some assets first. I'm guessing I'll need to open a support ticket, which I'm happy to do, but I don't want to go selling my PS4 fleet until AFTER I know you can do this for me. So what do you think Frontier, can you help me out?

This is probably something you should make a support ticket for since the devs spotting your post on the forums right now is probably gonna be pretty hit or miss.

Edit- I'm also curious whether or not they would do something like this so please keep us in the loop :D

Edit- I'm also curious whether or not they would do something like this so please keep us in the loop :D
You may already know this, but IIRC they definitely will do this with a NEW commander, but the last thing I want to do is wipe my PC save in order to transfer some credits over from PS4. I'm hoping they can do this with an existing commander.

And I will someday open a ticket. I don't want to do that right now, as Frontier will very soon have more serious issues to deal with (we're getting a new beta on PC), but since community managers have nothing to do but make Old Duck happy, I figure one might drop into this thread and toss me a yummy cookie 😋

You may already know this, but IIRC they definitely will do this with a NEW commander, but the last thing I want to do is wipe my PC save in order to transfer some credits over from PS4. I'm hoping they can do this with an existing commander.

And I will someday open a ticket. I don't want to do that right now, as Frontier will very soon have more serious issues to deal with (we're getting a new beta on PC), but since community managers have nothing to do but make Old Duck happy, I figure one might drop into this thread and toss me a yummy cookie 😋

Lol. I hope so, o7 best of luck!

Good luck.
I just wish that accounts were synchronised across all platforms. I have it on PS4 and PC , and even considered getting it on Xbox ( as it's been on sale and I have a few friends that play).

I've gone the other way, if it makes up for it :D

Approaching my second triple elite, don't ask me why, I don't know!

With three years and a TON of hours under my belt, I definitely feel like an end-game player.
End-game player? You've made a post to Frontier on the PS4 forums, which to me says you're a newbie scrub who doesnt know what media and platforms they look at ;p

Also don't forget to log into your PS4 account(s), sell all your ship modules manually, then sell each ship, so that if/when they cash out your accounts you get the full amount. I doubt they'll refund/adjust for the credit loss selling ships/modules.

Just so I'm understanding this correctly... You were looking for some assistance from FDev so you posted in the PS4 forum ? The forum that has less of an FDev presence than the game testing department ?

If this is not possible and you still wanna play on PS, poke me and let's hang out xD. Your newfound passion for piracy is intriguing me, but I assume you're doing it on PC.

If this is not possible and you still wanna play on PS, poke me and let's hang out xD. Your newfound passion for piracy is intriguing me, but I assume you're doing it on PC.
Even if it is possible and I have to clear my save, I can pirate in an Asp. I would actually enjoy the challenge of rebooting a character that is predominately a pirate / smuggler.

I'm glad Frontier did NOT help me, because now I have a better solution! I was unable to use my PS4 assets to help buy a fleet carrier on PC, but now that I've got a fleet carrier, I can use that carrier to transfer my PS4 wealth to my PC CMDR without losing my PS4 CMDRs' progress! It's actually pretty easy - sell off the majority of my assets, except one large cargo ship per CMDR, and then use those ships to buy high and then sell back low to my fleet carrier owned by my PC CMDR. This effectively transfers credits from PS4 to PC. Once I'm done, I'll load up those two large cargo ships with Tritium and leave them parked on my FC as "emergency fuel tanks".

This way I keep my rank, my decals, my unlocked engineers, etc. I don't "lose" any credits (except the % loss in selling ships), since I'm just transferring them from one CMDR to another. The only thing I lose is a bunch of engineered modules, but that's not the end of the world. It's definitely a better deal than having Frontier nuke my PS4 accounts to transfer credits. If I ever play ED on PS5 someday in the future, I still have my CMDRs :D

ps - fleet carriers are the closest thing we have to cross-platform, and I'm very happy they work this way.

Top Bottom