Dear whoever just murdered me.....

I don't really care, I have plenty cash and am just playing pokemon with ships at the mo, arsing about cos it's Friday and i'm drunk. But..... you do need to understand that your efforts are effectively pointless.......

1) I have a very low combat ranking.. so the kill wont count for much - unless you are mostly harmless?

2) I only had 112t of cargo on me... so in the general scheme of things - it ain't gonna slow, or stop the CG

3) Now, for the rest of the CG, I will play in solo - so you've lost the chance of having a decent impact, and another pirate.

4) A wing of 4 Vs an unarmed, unshielded T6 is overkill, don'tcha think?

So really, you've just wasted a bunch of your time, and around 90 seconds of mine. If you'd actually tried to pirate me, I probably would've given you all my cargo. As it is. you've just denied yourself another kill at some point in the future. lol. Who's the real loser in this 'engagement' ?

Welcome to the Internet and all things called Interactions with other players! Here are some guidelines you can apply to about 90 % of it (in some variation of them, anyways)

@ 1 : They did it for teh Lulz

@ 2 : They don't care about the CG.

@ 3 : They don't care about you leaving for Solo, there's plenty of other people who will come by who doesn't know you should NEVER play Open if you're gonna be salty about getting ganked or raise your voice in the forums about it

@ 4 : What's fun in doing it for teh Lulz, if you can't share the moment?

Protip : There's a private group mode if you want to play with your friends without fear of griefers

Just for the record here and to all have posted.....

I am not upset, salty, crying onto my desk, running to my mummy etc

I just thought it was an interesting experiment and was curious about the train of thought that made people behave in this way lol.

I am also fully aware of the dangers of flying in open.

THIS IS NOT ONE OF THOSE "omg, someone ganked in open, where's my safe space" threads.

P.S. The hangover this morning did upset me though lol.

P.P.S apologies to anyone I crashed into in YumYum Kebabi last night. I hope I didn't scratch your big ships too much with my tiny adder whilst I was trying to get out the mail-slot. It kept moving. Honest Occifer.

So really, you've just wasted a bunch of your time, and around 90 seconds of mine. If you'd actually tried to pirate me, I probably would've given you all my cargo. As it is. you've just denied yourself another kill at some point in the future. lol. Who's the real loser in this 'engagement' ?

OP, to begin with let me say that the game is immersive and I understand why you're a bit annoyed about what happened.

Secondly, let me say, so we're clear, that I am not one of your attackers, nor have I ever attacked a clean Cmdr who wasn't a Powerplay enemy (except within player group stuff) - what I mean is, I haven't done to anyone what was done to you.

Those things said ...

... I cannot speak for your attackers' sentiments personally but from considerable familiarity with the subject matter, I can tell you that they did not consider time spent killing you to be time wasted.

Rather, they experienced the mild yet pleasant satisfaction that you yourself might feel if you went on a stag weekend and successfully shot a clay pigeon, or hit the 20 (not the double 20, or the triple 20, just the 20) on a darts board, or potted a low-value ball as a very easy shot on a snooker table, or did a good but hardly match-winning tackle in a soccer match, or achieved one of any number of other trivial yet momentarily successful sporting acts.

How can I put this? Basically you were the ball on a tennis court ... and within that analogy, blowing up your freighter was not winning a match point, nor even a set or a game ... but wacking the ball hard across the net from a very easy position, to win just one point.

Please don't shoot the messenger. I'm just trying to explain ... ok, one more analogy ... that on this occasion you were a snack. Like one nacho. Not even a whole bag or plate of nachos. But pleasant enough to crunch, if you like nachos, whilst the snacker and the snacker's friends reach for the next nacho on their sharing plate.

i just had my conda taken apart by two cmds, one being a ferdy

The noobs didnt even use a kill warrant scanner to clear my dormant bounties :/

If you stop breathing, you die.
If you punch a bear, you die.
If you skydive without a parachute, you die.
If you go into open in a type 6, you die.
*Pattern recognition software copyright 3034, Obvious Industries LLC.

Unfortunately OP, blowing up your T6 whilst hiding in a wing of 4 was probably as close to a sexual experience some of these players are going to get.

The person I feel sorry for the most is their mother, who has the unenviable job of washing their salty pants after the excitement you clearly gave them.

And now for some one to make a post criticizing the grammatical use of the word salty in my post, as that is a great deflection tactic that seems to have risen to prominence in many threads, rather than commenting on the actual content....

For those inclined to know, the last sentence of this post is actually the only one with a point behind it. The first two sentences are just there because they contain the word salty.... and the fact they are most likely factual is a sheer coincidence.

... ok, one more analogy ... that on this occasion you were a snack. Like one nacho. Not even a whole bag or plate of nachos. But pleasant enough to crunch, if you like nachos, whilst the snacker and the snacker's friends reach for the next nacho on their sharing plate.

:D I cant rep you again Truesilver. You sure put a big smile on my face. Enough reading forums for tonight :D

Deleted member 115407

D
OP, to begin with let me say that the game is immersive and I understand why you're a bit annoyed about what happened.

Secondly, let me say, so we're clear, that I am not one of your attackers, nor have I ever attacked a clean Cmdr who wasn't a Powerplay enemy (except within player group stuff) - what I mean is, I haven't done to anyone what was done to you.

Those things said ...

... I cannot speak for your attackers' sentiments personally but from considerable familiarity with the subject matter, I can tell you that they did not consider time spent killing you to be time wasted.

Rather, they experienced the mild yet pleasant satisfaction that you yourself might feel if you went on a stag weekend and successfully shot a clay pigeon, or hit the 20 (not the double 20, or the triple 20, just the 20) on a darts board, or potted a low-value ball as a very easy shot on a snooker table, or did a good but hardly match-winning tackle in a soccer match, or achieved one of any number of other trivial yet momentarily successful sporting acts.

How can I put this? Basically you were the ball on a tennis court ... and within that analogy, blowing up your freighter was not winning a match point, nor even a set or a game ... but wacking the ball hard across the net from a very easy position, to win just one point.

Please don't shoot the messenger. I'm just trying to explain ... ok, one more analogy ... that on this occasion you were a snack. Like one nacho. Not even a whole bag or plate of nachos. But pleasant enough to crunch, if you like nachos, whilst the snacker and the snacker's friends reach for the next nacho on their sharing plate.

This is an excellent post. Virtual repped.

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably a victim of 13th Legions "roleplay." It's a common occurrence when pvpers get bored of trying to find other pvpers so they post a "roleplay" reason for ganking anyone who isn't them. The "roleplay" makes them feel less like mindless gankers and helps them sleep at night.
the game doesnt require you to have any reason to attack other players

Achilles7

Banned
Can you say 'fock' on the forums? Probably...but you definitely can't point out a player who griefs noobs...for some reason!

If you stop breathing, you die.
If you punch a bear, you die.
If you skydive without a parachute, you die.
If you go into open in a type 6, you die.
*Pattern recognition software copyright 3034, Obvious Industries LLC.

I can't argue with the first one but:

[video=youtube;-XM-Gbj2dPw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XM-Gbj2dPw[/video]
http://www.toptenz.net/top-10-survivors-of-skydiving-accidents.php

and I did all my time in a T6 in open without getting killed once. :)

Top Bottom