Ships Deep Plating?

On another note you must have been using piles of mat to susbtain those MC for an hour.
Never use them. They are worthless. As a matter of fact, I replaced the large MC with an Imperial Hammer last night. Much better! I think I am going to replace the two small HP's with two Rails also, or frags, something else... they just never get used. I use the Beams 99.9999% of the time, period. And when NPC Chaffs on me, which seems to be all the time, I just wait... and hit the Beams again when chaff is over.

I love the two big MC on my vette, but yeah hammer are awesome. I'd rather use them with smaller, more agile ship though. To each is own !

I love the two big MC on my vette, but yeah hammer are awesome. I'd rather use them with smaller, more agile ship though. To each is own !

I also have Hammers on a Krait and Python. Love them! I was concerned about heat, as before I pledged for them, I read they generate a lot of heat, but not that I see. Things run nice and cool, even firing two sets of Hammers at the same time.

This Python is one of my favorite ships, complete with those Hammers. Love it! I just wish it were a bit faster boosting, but acceptable.

Hammerhead

Op to answer your query.
Yes you lost hull resistances across the board as you added the experimental dp to the hull reinforments.
Your resistances (pve) should be around 50% anything more is a waste. So let's assume that prior to dp experimentals added your hull resistances were say 48% average. Less 8% is 40% so now thermal kinetic and explosive damage has more of an impact upon your ship.

Op to answer your query.
Yes you lost hull resistances across the board as you added the experimental dp to the hull reinforments.
Your resistances (pve) should be around 50% anything more is a waste. So let's assume that prior to dp experimentals added your hull resistances were say 48% average. Less 8% is 40% so now thermal kinetic and explosive damage has more of an impact upon your ship.

Yes sir! Which is what I was wondering all along! Thank you. BY adding the DP, I dropped my resistances, and now I am more prone to module damage, which, by way, is getting my shield gen and I am losing shields faster, as that generator is now taking more damage. Which kind of lead me to my question... what good is DP? It didn't help me, it hurt me. You'd think, or I would think, that DP should ADD to resistances, not take away from. I guess I would need to do the math on this, I gain 40% in Hull, or at least in those HRP, not sure how that works, but I lose 8% in all resistances. I need a spread sheet. Ha! ;)

Last edited:
Well, so I removed several HRP and Shield Boosters, got the ship down to about 3000 in integrity and 3000 in Shields. Lasted less than 10 minutes before I had to bail. That didn't seem to work out for me too well. :( No, I like my tank. Ship was certainly a bit faster and agile though. Ha!

Oops.jpg

Yes sir! Which is what I was wondering all along! Thank you. BY adding the DP, I dropped my resistances, and now I am more prone to module damage, which, by way, is getting my shield gen and I am losing shields faster, as that generator is now taking more damage. Which kind of lead me to my question... what good is DP? It didn't help me, it hurt me. You'd think, or I would think, that DP should ADD to resistances, not take away from. I guess I would need to do the math on this, I gain 40% in Hull, or at least in those HRP, not sure how that works, but I lose 8% in all resistances. I need a spread sheet. Ha! ;)

You're missing the point. If your shields haven't dropped, you will not take module damage from external forces (except for one or two highly specialized weapons that don't spawn in Compromised Nav Beacons). You are cooking yourself.

Damage to your shield generator also does NOT lower your shields faster, it has nothing to do with that. Until your shield generator is at 0% you'll still have shields.

Deep Plating is the go-to experimental for the Heavy Duty modification. You're seeing ghosts and seriously need to do some research on how damage works against the shield/hull/modules. Your assumptions are completely off.

Last edited:
You're missing the point. If your shields haven't dropped, you will not take module damage from external forces (except for one or two highly specialized weapons that don't spawn in Compromised Nav Beacons). You are cooking yourself.

Damage to your shield generator also does NOT lower your shields faster, it has nothing to do with that. Until your shield generator is at 0% you'll still have shields.

Deep Plating is the go-to experimental for the Heavy Duty modification. You're seeing ghosts and seriously need to do some research on how damage works against the shield/hull/modules. Your assumptions are completely off.

o7 CMDR. I hear ya, I understand ya, but I can assure ya... I am not cooking myself, unless, I am cooking myself without the usual Heat Damage "Temperature Critical" warning. And, until I added the additional DP to about 4 HRP, I didn't have any problem, no damage at all, hardly a scratch to the shields and 0 internal. I don't know how else to explain that, and nothing but DP 4 HRP has changed, nothing. Anyway, it's cool. Appreciate the help. I am trying some different things with the ship. Thanks!

I am not cooking myself, unless, I am cooking myself without the usual Heat Damage "Temperature Critical" warning

In the heat of the battle (pun intended), it is very hard not to miss the Temperature Critical warning.
I'm talking from experience here.

Edit, i somehow missed a NOT up there :rolleyes:

Last edited:
o7 CMDR. I hear ya, I understand ya, but I can assure ya... I am not cooking myself, unless, I am cooking myself without the usual Heat Damage "Temperature Critical" warning. And, until I added the additional DP to about 4 HRP, I didn't have any problem, no damage at all, hardly a scratch to the shields and 0 internal. I don't know how else to explain that, and nothing but DP 4 HRP has changed, nothing. Anyway, it's cool. Appreciate the help. I am trying some different things with the ship. Thanks!
Are you paying attention to your pip management?
Your shield will resist more damage, up to 58% after factoring in the shield's resistances, with 4 pips in the SYS capacitor and lack of pips could be what is causing your problems.

Your shield will resist more damage, up to 58% after factoring in the shield's resistances, with 4 pips in the SYS capacitor and lack of pips could be what is causing your problems.
He seemed to write from the first post that he did not lose the shield ...

Just so we're clear, I never insinuated that adding the DP had any direct affect to my shields. I think my shields are going down faster now because my shield generator module is now taking damage, would be more an accurate statement, or reason.
I did not mention who stated that because I simply did not read the whole thread,if your modules suffer just load up Module Reinforcements ;) (Guardian Module Reinforcements are better than Normal ones)

Last edited:
This is my FDL. I have flown it, also, around Deciat and SD, San Tu and other places that seem to be known for gankers... nothing. I am not saying my FDL is "All that", but no one tried to interdict me, for whatever reason. I was flying it out of Bill Turner's one day and a dude in a Cutter was on my butt. I slowed down, he caught up. I was waiting for the interdiction and he just moved on. Don't get it.

My FDL
Don't use INARA for showing a Build,it's not accurate and when you export it to Coriolis all the Engineering is left out.

I will admit, not the best a pip management but I try. I usually just leave two pips to all and that seems to, in most cases, be fine. If I get into with a particularly hairy NPC, then I will stat to use more pip management much more. However, I do very much keep an eye on bars. I can't say there are not times where I run low on sys or wep, but rare. More often I will run low on eng. Again, not the best at working pips but I pay attention, and will throw all to sys when I am in a good fight face to face and if and when I start to run low on wep, I will get out of fire and toss back into wep, charge up and then balance out and get back into fight. Maybe I should just make a video for analysis. I'll try that today. Maybe someone will notice an error in my fighting style or pick up on where I might be overheating (cooking myself). Yeah, I'll try that later. I'll have to keep it to a few engagements to keep that video as short as possible, YouTube takes FOREFVER to process my 3440x1440 videos. A video of about 400MB, which would be short, still takes like 4 hours to process. It's crazy, no idea what YouTube is doing, and when it's done the video comes out darker and sometimes, a lot of times, even chops in places that never chopped in the actual unprocessed video. I use the GeForce video capture and maybe that's not the best. If anyone can offer a better game capture program, please do!

Deep plating does nothing to your module protection, at all. It just gives you more hull points at the expense of a small bit of hull resistance, hull, not modules. All that determines if and how much your modules take damage is the piercing value of the weapons fired at you, the hardness of your hull and module reinforcements.

Hull damage resistance values do apply to modules and penetration chances are based on the fraction of total hull remaining.

Don't use INARA for showing a Build,it's not accurate and when you export it to Coriolis all the Engineering is left out.
I just use INARA for checking out my ships, and to see what's what as far as modules and what I have on them... when I need to really play around with stats, I will jump into that ship, and them use ED Market to get that ship over to Coriolis. Coriolis seems to be pretty dead on when I match up in game vs what Coriolis says, however, I've noticed that POWER is not always correctly matched, but most other stuff is pretty well on.

Inara is accurate and reflects the ships exactly as are in the game, because it shows the data what came from the game (journal). Unless the data that came from the game were wrong. The missing engineering is a currently a missing feature of Coriolis, Inara is exporting them same as for EDSY. Just to make things straight. ;)

Inara is accurate and reflects the ships exactly as are in the game, because it shows the data what came from the game (journal). Unless the data that came from the game were wrong. The missing engineering is a currently a missing feature of Coriolis, Inara is exporting them same as for EDSY. Just to make things straight. ;)
Have you ever tried to compare what's shown in the Outfitting page (module/weapons figures/resistances and some other fancy stuff) what shows the Engineer Shop when you finish your rolls,and what it's shown in your Right Ship menu about Shield/Hull/Resistances? Have a go then come back and tell me to whom INARA refers to ;)
Anyway my remark was about the most confortable way "to look at" a Build,Coriolis is the most practical, EDSY UI it's terrible.

Have you ever tried to compare what's shown in the Outfitting page (module/weapons figures/resistances and some other fancy stuff) what shows the Engineer Shop when you finish your rolls,and what it's shown in your Right Ship menu about Shield/Hull/Resistances? Have a go then come back and tell me to whom INARA refers to ;)
Anyway my remark was about the most confortable way "to look at" a Build,Coriolis is the most practical, EDSY UI it's terrible.
Well, the ship loadouts on Inara doesn't show such properties, just the blueprint names, level, quality and the special effect, so I am not sure what are you referring to in regard of the ship loadouts as being displayed on Inara?

Top Bottom