COMPLETED CG Defend Torval Mining Ltd Interests (Combat)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Environmentally conscious in space is more about not wasting perfectly fine biomass by ejecting it out an airlock and having it float in the void where no one can make use of it. Every time they spaced a bunch of people in the Expanse I was like "Why? Don't you have mushrooms to feed? What a waste of air and biomass." So props to the Archon for fighting that. Say no to spacing! Eat Kumo!
I thought freezing and vacuum packing were supposed to be good ways of storing food.

It's funny, Horizons' players complain about the impact of Odyssey in the CG, while Odyssey's players complain about the absence of Ground CZ in the CG's System. :rolleyes:
Well, both are valid. Horizons players are put at a massive disadvantage because they "only" have a massive engineered military warship when what they really needed was a pistol. Meanwhile, Odyssey players might not be able to perform their preferred gameplay based on essentially luck, or worse, only one side gets access to it.

CGs need to be reworked to not just be a raw tally of combat bonds. Failing that, rebalancing CZ payouts between the two would at least make things fairer, but I don't see either happening.

Well, both are valid. Horizons players are put at a massive disadvantage because they "only" have a massive engineered military warship when what they really needed was a pistol. Meanwhile, Odyssey players might not be able to perform their preferred gameplay based on essentially luck, or worse, only one side gets access to them.

That's no longer a valid reason - they cannot invoke "my computer cannot run Odyssey" while they're running Horizons Live 4.0
They just need to get Odyssey to be able to compete, like Base game players needed Horizons (and engineering) to be able to compete back in the days

I'd wish they start support more the Odyssey gameplay loops and features

It's funny, Horizons' players complain about the impact of Odyssey in the CG, while Odyssey's players complain about the absence of Ground CZ in the CG's System. Strange choice from FDev. :rolleyes:
I think the only criteria for this choice was "pick a system with Toval Mining and some Fed faction".

I think the only criteria for this choice was "pick a system with Toval Mining and some Fed faction".

I hope the real reasoning was more of: pick a system with no Ground CZ possible that has Torval Mining and a Fed faction that is not present in any other system

That's no longer a valid reason - they cannot invoke "my computer cannot run Odyssey" while they're running Horizons Live 4.0
They just need to get Odyssey to be able to compete, like Base game players needed Horizons (and engineering) to be able to compete back in the days
Okay, for the record, I should have stated that I don't think it's a good thing for buying a DLC to give P2W advantages like that.

Last edited:
Okay, for the record, I should have stated that I don't think it's a good thing for buying a DLC to give P2W advantages like that.

That ship sailed when they added Engineers in Horizons. I wouldnt really call Odyssey P2W
At least FDev is not forcing everyone to run the latest DLC as some other companies may do for the sake of uniformity of chances in online competitive games (and money of course)

I agree with @Northpin, it's hard to imagine that FDev dodged Ground CZ by accident.

The last CG that included On-Foot was 1 year ago (the war in Summerland). And the last 2 or 3 Combat CGs also dodged On-Foot.

To me, it's hard to imagine that FDev could not apply minor tweaks to their "CG narrative" to find a suitable system. Like simply find random factions to use as proxy in their scenario (ex: allied with Toval and Fed).

IMO, FDev purposely canceled On-Foot in CG. For some reasons that we're not sure of. 🥶

CGs need to be reworked to not just be a raw tally of combat bonds.
Agree, if the reason is really about Combat Bonds balance then FDev must definitely tweak that ASAP.

For instance they could add a % penalty specifically for Ground Combat Bonds contributing to the CG. That way they don't change the rest of the game.

But canceling On-Foot like they do is just not acceptable. 🙄

---
But now I wonder if these Combat Bonds are really the only issue FDev has. Maybe they're also still working on fixing bugs and stability issues with those ground CZs, who knows. 🤔

Imagine buying dlc for unfair advantage in some random CGs XD

Never seen worse tactic, but hey, I'm gonna stop, because white knights will eat me, soon ™️ we will see some posts about bad traitors which still hasnt "new" dlc.
We already have "other companies are worse, so frontier not bad"

Well, it's not unfair when the majority of players already have Odyssey
It was understandable pre-U14 when console players would stand no chance of getting the higher %s in a CG with surface CZs as well.

They may just be in the habit of it now and have forgotten they don't need to any more.

@Ryox But there are on-foot CZs for this CG. ;)
Again, just like Northpin said, it's pointless if you have to go search those CZs by yourself in other systems. Only a small fraction of highly motivated people would do that.

For a CG to be fun, you want as many people as possible to gather in one single and well advertised settlement. It has to be very convenient and central, otherwise you'll not get a consistent pool of players for PvP.

It used to work well, back in 2021, when FDev still organized those types of Combat CGs including On-Foot. Every time we had 1 or 2 High CZ in the system itself and you'll meet tens of Cmdr on the ground, during the 4 or 7 days.

That ship sailed when they added Engineers in Horizons. I wouldnt really call Odyssey P2W
At least FDev is not forcing everyone to run the latest DLC as some other companies may do for the sake of uniformity of chances in online competitive games (and money of course)
The ship has certainly sailed but it still kinda sucks. If you need to buy the DLC to keep up, then that's P2W. I struggle to imagine how ground CZs ended up with such vastly inflated payouts unless done intentionally to incentivise purchasing the DLC.

CGs need to be reworked to not just be a raw tally of combat bonds. Failing that, rebalancing CZ payouts between the two would at least make things fairer, but I don't see either happening.

IMO, FDev purposely canceled On-Foot in CG. For some reasons that we're not sure of. 🥶

The last CG that included On-Foot was 1 year ago (the war in Summerland). And the last 2 or 3 Combat CGs also dodged On-Foot.

I do think that not having foot CZs is deliberate to keep things fair and focus the CGs on space stuff.

However if you think about it more it's pretty bizarre that they would keep using this as a workaround instead of fixing stuff in any of the possible ways that would make the game better like:
  • Balancing space CZ bonds so they are worth more
  • Splitting foot/space bonds and running a separate foot CZ CG in parallel with every applicable war CG
  • Having only CZ wins count for CG progress as a seperate type of bond (and giving out a win bonus for space CZs like ground CZs do) to balance the bonds (and bond RNG) to favour skill (and wing/open play in space) more.

The ship has certainly sailed but it still kinda sucks. If you need to buy the DLC to keep up, then that's P2W. I struggle to imagine how ground CZs ended up with such vastly inflated payouts unless done intentionally to incentivise purchasing the DLC.
Shhh, stop.
"this is good, cause majority has", or other b s.
I have odypoop too, but it still is clearly broken feature. Fact that I have dlc doesnt mean, that I'm blind.

• Balancing space CZ bonds so they are worth more
  • Splitting foot/space bonds and running a separate foot CZ CG in parallel with every applicable war CG
  • Having only CZ wins count for CG progress as a seperate type of bond (and giving out a win bonus for space CZs like ground CZs do) to balance the bonds (and bond RNG) to favour skill (and wing/open play in space) more.
Or nerf ground bonds gains, money is easy enough, it doesnt need more buffs :)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom