Development Update 3 - August

I love hubs reworks. But IMO, the killer feature would be NPCs & props reflecting the controlling faction's state. Rubbish when busting, over-crowed & luggages when expanding/retreating, enforcers patrols when in civil unrest, and so on...

Not a minor work of course.

Whats this? FINALLY THE SHIP I SPENT billion on will have a party room? (Social space on my expensive piece of space glamor) i can finally say to my friends, yo meet me at my carrier
NO.

This is for megaships only. Don't speculate. Just a friendly advice. :)

Technically everything has a gravitational pull, no matter how miniscule. It's just the difference between the pull of a human and a planet is so many orders of magnitude huge, a human seems like they don't have any pull in comparison.
Are we talking Elite or real science here? I thought we were talking Elite. :D

No Panther Clipper?!??!

bluey-what.gif
Everytime anyone mentions that ship in an official forum, Twitch Stream or Youtube livechat / post, it gets delayed a month. At this point I will be long gone (as in died of old age) before it arrives... and you just added another month to that. Thanks! ;)

I'd settle for being able to hand in Odyssey bios to a carrier. Doesn't need to have a concourse, although that would be nice. Currently out in the black with a lot of data I can't hand in, just an extra option in UC would do.

They should put in a spreadsheet editor, because that'd be a way to spend that time. I think someone a while back suggested being able to play original Elite, while travelling, and that would be great.

The thing with the promises is that they were promised for release. Now, promised again? Lower those expectations, folks.
LOL I admit a spreadsheet editor would be pretty fitting for Elite :)

I hope that the mega ships social spaces are a new type that are design with the fact that we are onboard a ship in mind. More intimate feelings would be my suggestion.

Thank you for the updated information and the great images and video! I have been enjoying Odyssey immensely even with the small hiccups. Looking forward to the new content!

3. FPS performance in Odyssey

Further improvements have been made in this area including optimisations to the Navmesh, lighting system, terrain, NPCs, glass shaders and scatter rock LODs. Our core code team is making good progress on more substantial optimisations, a number of which we expect to be included in Update 8.

Starports and planetary bases/outposts especially concourse areas are the main thing wrong with performance, new planetary tech might be worth a performance hit but there should be no reason just merely entering a starport should tank your fps worse than Horizons, and concourse areas shouldn't dip your fps down to the 30's on a half decent GPU.

Back
Top Bottom