Did The Mining Nerf Already Hit?

This is when the nerf will happen Only at popular play times... if when you play is not popular play time prices of listed sale locations won't drop quick..
If you manage to get on just after the tick when states have made new systems profitable, sure ... but demand regeneration for core gems was very slow in 3.5 (estimated 1-2 years to fully refill a met demand) ... so playing after a popular play time isn't likely to do very well either.

Of course, they could have adjusted those parameters a lot in 3.6 - lower initial demand but faster regeneration would probably be more interesting

As shown in the Beta there are HIGHER prices available then before the update release now showing up in markets...
Painite is reaching just less than 1 million and Void opals are reaching <1.8 million...
So prices can go higher after patch than before patch prices...

Having read about the (alleged) forthcoming nerf to deep core mining profits and the dawning realisation it's going to take months of normal trading to clear the @600 million credits from Tycoon to Elite for Trade, decided to refit my T10 and head out to the pristines.

With the cargo capacity of the T10 I wanted to stay out over several sessions to fill the hold but figured could do without the hassle of dealing with the AI pirate that inevitably spawns when you relog at Bubble locations. So headed out into the Black about 200 LY from the Bubble, somewhere in the Col 285 sector. All set up and started scanning and lo and behold, up pops the comms box and "Anything interesting in your hold?" Okay the first interdiction is always harmless as you have an empty ship, but subsequent ones won't be. I do have some defensive capability on the ship but can't help but think, hang on this is probably a system that hasn't seen a "live" player in days or weeks so why out of the blue would a pirate suddenly pop up?

How far from the Bubble do I need to go before this no longer an issue and I can just quietly get on with some rock bursting?

In addition, I detail scanned three sets of rings two of which were shown as pristine from the FSS and none returned any hotspots, not even for the cheap stuff.

So maybe I'm reading it wrong but it looks like a bit of nerfing or increasing the difficulty/convenience of DC mining may already have taken place behind the scenes.
"it's going to take months of normal trading to clear the @600 million credits from Tycoon to Elite for Trade" I remember when that took me 2.5 years, playing my game every day, hours upon end. Then again, a normal mission back then stocked you up with 39000 credits and discovering an ELW a couple rusty coins more.

On a sidenote, this is not a nerf, it's... economy

Nerf... what nerf, just got my highest per unit on Painite than I've ever had, and the station was much closer to boot!
1579032339173.png

Still getting my head around these zero demand prices... I realise it's a game but... If nobody wants to buy your Warez shouldn't price be also zero?
Not quite - but if you have to dump them because you can not find a buyer the end result would be the same.

Ultimately, pre-3.6 there was effectively a bottomless sink for certain wares meaning high prices for them were near enough guaranteed - as of 3.6, the sale of the wares is tied to the economy meaning there is likely to be times where at least some stations will be buying the affected wares at below galactic average (if at all).

No that system is not in the high pay state that was required with the economies needed to start with..
You need more than one to get the multiply effect and always have.. Yngvir only has factions with one status...
Those paying high have 3 - 4 status effecting economy still giving the multiply effect still for high pay..
Those on Third party site are about 200Ly from that system..

Last edited:
it seems like a brilliant idea to take an existing way that everyone knows how to play the game and change it completely. I don't like spending two and a half years playing a game for the way I play it to have to change went on all of a sudden don't know what I'm supposed to be doing anymore.

I'm sure nerfing mining payouts was something that was really needing addressed, when they could have probably more easily scaled other activities up to match or at least be similar. Already grinded for years in this game I sure as hell don't plan on grinding the same stale repetitive activities when I can't afford the new content that really isn't going to be doing very much. which I can only assume since they won't release any details and they certainly have a history of letdowns

Painite is selling for 1.6 million per tonne 15LY's away's. Sorry I haven't read the whole topic, what is exactly is the problem with your screenshot?

Hint - sell it at the extraction/refinery station, not the industrial one in your screenshot. The trade screen is telling you what to do. Tapoya is extraction, the stations controlling faction is in Boom.

Last edited:
Painite is selling for 1.6 million per tonne 15LY's away's. Sorry I haven't read the whole topic, what is exactly is the problem with your screenshot?

Hint - sell it at the extraction/refinery station, not the industrial one in your screenshot. The trade screen is telling you what to do. Tapoya is extraction, the stations controlling faction is in Boom.
From my perspective, there is definite inconsistency in the pricing, when all conditions are held equal

Void Opals are imports for Refinery (as you point out) and Tourism.
I fetched prices for
  • Tourism economy, 0 demand, CL/Inv/PA, price was 600k
  • Ex+Ref economy, 0 demand, CL/Boom/PA, price was 1.4m

Given these are both import economies, there should be no discrepancy. I would argue the Ex + Ref economy should be 600k (given it has 0 demand), not 1.4m (or 1.6 as you mention, presumably for a CL/Inv/PA state.

The change is meant to change price based on demand, and the Ex + Ref is clearly not doing that.

EDIT: Alternately, it's the Tourism price that's out of whack, and it should be the same as the Ex + Ref (i.e 1.4-1.6m, depending on state), in which case the change does virtually nothing.

Last edited:
Just to clarify, my OP didn't really concern the amount of revenue from selling these rocks it was more the fact I was still getting pirates spawn 500 LY out from the Bubble.

Anyhoo… after returning with a load of 15 void opals, after the update (nerf) hit, I still managed to sell these for 24mill credits = 4% on my ascension to Trade Elite!!

However I've ditched the T10 and gone back to a Krait Mk2, as regardless of the revenue issues mining strictly an out and back venture for me.

Top Bottom