Display Sequencer tip! Make shows at ease!

I want to start of by saying that im not trying to say you don't have valid points, not do i want to change your mind. I just want to try and understand why you think the system is worse then the RCT3 system.

I agree the RCT3 system has a more graphical approach, but why is it more easy to time that way? As my first idea is that RCT3 had a horizontal timeline on which you could place items, but PC basically has a vertical timeline as you see all the starting times from top to bottom. Because it's all numbers instead of dragging i would assume you can even time things more precisely because its all abselute numbers.

Once again, im not trying to belittle your problem, i just try to get my finger on what is bothering you about it.

I thik a nice trade-off would be to have both systems as an option. Me personally I love how accurate I can time things with this system, but for people that quickly want to set something up without doing a lot of renaming/organizing and pre-planning I can understand have a simple drag and drop interface on a timeline would be very intuitive.

I thik a nice trade-off would be to have both systems as an option. Me personally I love how accurate I can time things with this system, but for people that quickly want to set something up without doing a lot of renaming/organizing and pre-planning I can understand have a simple drag and drop interface on a timeline would be very intuitive.

The systems are not mutually exclusive. Have a timeline with the option to set a precise trigger time. That is how its done in professional software as well :)

I can assure you that professional pyrotechnics are using a more rct-3 mix master show-concept software to program a audio pyro-show with flamethrowers, lasers, projections and shells. We are not even able to place shells, tubes etc. so it kind of feels like we have fireworks in game that everyone can buy to set off in your own backyard and for me, that is the real problem! We need more professional firework setups and a more professional show designer.

The most annoying part of this for me is editing the show. If I decide to add a new sequence at the start of the show then I have to adjust the time of every display group after that (10 or so right now).

With a timeline I could drag every effect along as much as I need. Much simpler.

Something I liked about RCT3 was that when you hover over an effect it shows you where it's launching from.

The visual time line doesn't just give start times (as the current UI does) but it also shows when an effect ends. It shows how effects overlap. Very valuable.

I could use rows of the timeline to represent different launch positions, so I can see where fireworks are launching from at different times. I can do this with display groups, but the timing gets complicated.

You can also see the music and should be able to add cue points in the music to better time things.

Top Bottom