Distant Worlds II - Fleet Roster Sign Up Thread

Signed up. Just finished outfitting and engineering my fleet mechanic/fuel rat Anaconda. Even with all I'm carrying I still have a 53ly jump range without a guardian module. Not too shabby.

I see. Register as ".keen" and I'll manually add the "cmdr" part. If you edit your application through the edit link, the regex will remove the "cmdr" part but will not prevent you from editing your application. Just drop me an email and I'll fix it again. Or send me your amendment request via email (link in sig) to avoid this issue.

Thanks I have registered with the name '.keen' which let me complete the form so hopefully things will be OK.

Last edited:
As a very newbie to the game, is it worth it to try to come along on this expedition? I have the basic starter Sidewinder ship, and I've scooped fuel before, but I'm not good at it. Should I sign up and try?

The Krait Phantom has stolen 3rd place from the DBX :O

Nothing was going to prevent that. Not even a little ingenuity... Some obstacles cannot be overcome no matter how hard you try.

eep0cyxw9nsz.jpg

Last edited:
As a very newbie to the game, is it worth it to try to come along on this expedition? I have the basic starter Sidewinder ship, and I've scooped fuel before, but I'm not good at it. Should I sign up and try?

You certainly can. Though for the expedition you might want something a little more robust, but that's up to you. There are people taking the Sidewinder just because they want to. But one option to consider, is that you could sign up, and spend the first few weeks upgrading and learning the ropes, and catch up with the fleet further out.

This might help.

https://coriolis.io/outfit/sidewind...IYHMA28QgIwVyKBQA==&bn=Sidey Explorer frame 2

You'll need to synthesize a grade of jumponium ( +75% boost) to make it across a gap of 33.4 light years at a critical point. If you manage to get access to Farseer for some FSD enhancements even better.

Others will chime in I'm sure for more ideas and suggestions.

Last edited:
This may have been asked before, but I don't want to sift the entire thread, sorry.

I'm already out at Colonia. If I join up, will I need to make my way back to the bubble? Or can I wait for the DW2 Expedition to reach Colonia and link up with the fleet there?

Please help. I am a PS4 player, solidboss07, I have been having problems using my phone to sign up for Distant Worlds 2. Can anybody find my application or send my a phone friendly link to my registration? Thanks

Miner is listed as a job during the expedition. What is the purpose/need for this, what sort of mining is needed, I.e. Deep core, surface etc?

Top Bottom