Hardware & Technical DIY X52 Pro + Chair mod

Dang, this is sweet! I only have to find a sort of quick release/attach way of doing this. As odd as it may sound, I actually use my desk/computers 'n stuff for other stuff than Elite alone :)

No place for a dedicated chair (however, once the Rift comes in, no desk is needed anymore), and having the controllers attached all the time is a bit impractical. I might have to go with small side table to put the controllers on, or something like that, but this, this is one to remember.

Have made a little addition to my throttle - a 19-key Targus wireless numeric keypad, costs about £10 from Amazon. I now no longer need to lean forward to the keyboard ever :D

desk3_zpsaf953a0f.jpg

Cockpit view:

desk2_zps39a01e91.jpg

Harbinger

Volunteer Moderator
I've been testing the beta with an X52 Pro which I bought specifically to play it and have had to struggle with having the sticks in an uncomfortable position and also rubber suckers which come unstuck with the slightest of movements.

I'd like to thank Zorbulev for his ingenuity and for sharing it with this community. I have ordered my brackets and velcro and anxiously await their arrival.

I've been testing the beta with an X52 Pro which I bought specifically to play it and have had to struggle with having the sticks in an uncomfortable position and also rubber suckers which come unstuck with the slightest of movements.

I'd like to thank Zorbulev for his ingenuity and for sharing it with this community. I have ordered my brackets and velcro and anxiously await their arrival.

Thank you :)

Its going strong. Once its all tightened into place it hasn't moved an inch, so am very pleased with it.

Edit:

View from the captains chair 6 months on:
IMAG05661_zps94f3e560.jpg

Last edited:
First off a huge thanks for posting this, absolutely ingenious :D Very glad I saw the link for this in your signature.

Atm I don't have enough room on my desk for mouse, KB and my X52 Pro so I have to move my keyboard to a table to the side of my desk when I'm using my HOTAS (another reason to be grateful for Voice Attack). As you can imagine this isn't ideal.

I'd looked at the gaming chairs but they're way too pricey so had been looking at keyboard trays for fixing under the desk but this is way better and cooler. Will definitely be following your lead and doing a setup like this.

First off a huge thanks for posting this, absolutely ingenious :D Very glad I saw the link for this in your signature.

Atm I don't have enough room on my desk for mouse, KB and my X52 Pro so I have to move my keyboard to a table to the side of my desk when I'm using my HOTAS (another reason to be grateful for Voice Attack). As you can imagine this isn't ideal.

I'd looked at the gaming chairs but they're way too pricey so had been looking at keyboard trays for fixing under the desk but this is way better and cooler. Will definitely be following your lead and doing a setup like this.

I would love a cockpit also...but with 4 kids and wife, getting 'my own space' is pretty much non existant...so I already ordered my brackets!

Just ordered the brackets and velcro of the site you linked to and I have next week off, so hopefully will receive them in time and will be able to make this mod :D

Thanks for this Zorbulev, brilliant idea (and repped accordingly :) ). My chair's arms are designed a bit differently so I went for the slightly more expensive pole mounts with the extra axis of movement (still from the site you recommended and cheaper than Ebay).

Picked up my parcel from the sorting office as there was no one home yesterday (very impressed with that as I chose free delivery), easy to set up and all sorted. Feels a bit odd at first but definitely more comfortable and very happy with the set up :D

IMG_0471.jpg

Just took a look at this, ironically I came in from a Reddit post after a search, not from noticing the thread had been here all along.

Looks like a great idea but for some daft reason I cant seem to find those brackets for a reasonable prices in Australia.

Anyone found them here for under about $30?

Might just have to take the arms off my chair and make my own arm piece from scratch.

Just took a look at this, ironically I came in from a Reddit post after a search, not from noticing the thread had been here all along.

Looks like a great idea but for some daft reason I cant seem to find those brackets for a reasonable prices in Australia.

Anyone found them here for under about $30?

Might just have to take the arms off my chair and make my own arm piece from scratch.

Farnell are a global company.. ping them a mail and see if they can get them.
http://au.element14.com

ELITE DANGEROUS ; Gameseat setup

Hi Folks, a lot of very impressive ideas in this forum. I like it much ... Attached my current setup - still in progress. Currently I am working on a transducer integration (LFE buttkickers), - unfortunatelly SimVibe (or better ED) is not yet configured in such way, to split specific telemetric datas to SimVibe. Dk2 is working like charm, in combination with Saitek X52 PRO and Logitech G430 Surround Headset. Rig is selfmade (wood) , front seat is taken from VW EOS. Pedals and steering wheel are second choice for CarSim (yes, I know - shame on me).
-QLLYCJPuIEiQU94_cu6ttJtiTqK7PROW5SPSS8J=w302-h226-p-no
E1YQ8EecIrbO2Tf2pSFirPNhIV9vvtUa4dmyPXytnw=w302-h226-p-no
sT6f7Hcu54oHog_KpGJIGio5U9Uzy5ntcIvadiVATQ=w302-h226-p-no
Hope you enjoy it ... Hinashu

and another who spotted the reddit post.
after an fruitless evening trawling the interwebs for a HOTAS compatible chair (£200-300 for a chair and then expect me to buy addons to attach my HOTAS, you're having a giraffe mate),
i decided to look for chair mods to work with my £50 officeworld chair i've had over 10 years and is still serving me well (it's even been disassembled and taken to 2 LANS :D), yours was the most simple/elegant.
great work.

as an aside can anyone tell me the handrest to top of joystick measurement for the x55 and ch fighter/combat stick?

On my X55 the measurement from where your hand sits to the top edge of the flightstick is approx 6 1/8th inch or 156mm

Top Bottom