DLC18 discussion and predictions

I honestly want the spectacled bear a bit more than the ABB.
  1. More common in zoos around the world
  2. South American representation
Honestly that’s all it needs, also I’m of the opinion of Frontier is gonna give NA another animal(s) give us some avians please and thank you. I honestly have enough mammals to fill the whole continent in PZ lol

i want markhor, bush dog, coatimundi and rock hyrax because they are in a zoo that i've visited before stone ham zoooooooooo!
View attachment 396332View attachment 396333
View attachment 396334View attachment 396335
View attachment 396336
look them in the eyes and tell me you dont want them, plus im not gonna lie stone ham does an amazing job with making their animal exhibits realistic especially using that rocky hill for markhor and mexican wolf. jaguar space is devastating they need more room
Another New Englander? It seems we have a surprising amount of them here 😅

I can definetly see how someone could find the spectacled bear a desirable animal even though i personally dont think so.

Overall its a fine addition and i fully expect it to show up in any south america related pack. But i would be lying if i said its an exciting addition to me. SA has so many weird and unique animals that going with what is kinda just another flavor of something that you find all over the world feels like missed potential. Especially since its share this trait with the rhea and ocelot who are also pretty much guaranteed in a SA animal pack and also fall into this category of "Neat i guess but we could have had X"

I can definetly see how someone could find the spectacled bear a desirable animal even though i personally dont think so.

Overall its a fine addition and i fully expect it to show up in any south america related pack. But i would be lying if i said its an exciting addition to me. SA has so many weird and unique animals that going with what is kinda just another flavor of something that you find all over the world feels like missed potential. Especially since its share this trait with the rhea and ocelot who are also pretty much guaranteed in a SA animal pack and also fall into this category of "Neat i guess but we could have had X"
I mean I’m also like this too, if Frontier was adding the spectacled bear then it turns out we lost something like the roseate spoonbill to it I wouldn’t be as happy. That’s not even a bird thing, that’s just from a building standpoint.

Same with the spectacled bear, Pudu, and ocelot. All are awesome and beautiful animals in their own right, and I 100% understand why people want them. My thing is, when it comes to Planet Zoo and gameplay, there are other things I want more. This is one of the reasons why I also have ungulate fatigue. Yes it’s a different species, with different interspecies bonuses, different biomes, different continents. But in the end, the way I build a habitat for a przewalski’s wild horse, American bison, or a dama gazelle will all be “similar”. Differences in plant types, mixed habitats, and decorations absolutely. But in the end they will have a similar core style.

Which is why some of these options aren’t as interesting to me, and one of the reasons why I have been more desperate for birds/ more monkeys. It’s just gonna be a bit different than the other animals we got. We already have 7 bear species, while the spectacled bear is cool and I’ll take it with open arms, its habitat may not be too different from some of the other bears. Outside of it maybe using more climbing platforms? Same with the ocelot, it’s gonna be quite a bit like the other smaller cat species.

Once again not saying you can’t want these animals, I just really want this last dlc to be a bit different and give us some new stuff to end the game on.

I also really want animals like the Reeve's Muntjac, Potto, De brazzas, North american river otters, black and white colobus monkey from both stone ham and franklin zoo
1720020451304.png
1720020489552.png

1720020528519.png
1720020554541.png

1720020582404.png

all these guys are pretty cool especially the somewhat underrated potto who somehow some people think its a slow loris in new england...

I also really want animals like the Reeve's Muntjac, Potto, De brazzas, North american river otters, black and white colobus monkey from both stone ham and franklin zoo
View attachment 396347View attachment 396348
View attachment 396349View attachment 396350
View attachment 396351
all these guys are pretty cool especially the somewhat underrated potto who somehow some people think its a slow loris in new england...
Arent pottos a type of loris? I could be wrong here but im pretty sure thats the case

Don’t get me wrong I want a puffin, and I would rather have my duck be another species. But an eider is a perfect combination of a duck and a sea bird.
1720025636378.jpeg
This is a common eider
1720025662070.jpeg
this is a king eider

1720025702212.jpeg

This is a spectacled eider, and all three species are found in North America. The spectacled eider is found in Asia, while the other two are also seen in Europe. All three species breed in the arctic. I love them and I want them.

Don’t get me wrong I want a puffin, and I would rather have my duck be another species. But an eider is a perfect combination of a duck and a sea bird.
View attachment 396360 This is a common eiderView attachment 396361 this is a king eider

View attachment 396362

This is a spectacled eider, and all three species are found in North America. The spectacled eider is found in Asia, while the other two are also seen in Europe. All three species breed in the arctic. I love them and I want them.
They’re not bad additions, but I would prefer them more if we already had a duck. I feel like an Eider is kind of a niche addition especially for a first duck so I would like something more universal such as a mallard or mandarin duck that are more common in zoos. After we get one of those though I would like the addition.

They’re not bad additions, but I would prefer them more if we already had a duck. I feel like an Eider is kind of a niche addition especially for a first duck so I would like something more universal such as a mallard or mandarin duck that are more common in zoos. After we get one of those though I would like the addition.
Oh I agree, but I still think they were cool/ think of them as a mix of the things I want ingame. A sea bird, and a duck.

View attachment 396360 This is a common eiderView attachment 396361 this is a king eider

View attachment 396362

King eider for the win. So pretty and cool.

Spectacled eider can rot buried in a box in a basement alongside with creepy smile Macaque.

For me personally, I think my priority would be a South America Pack II (or Latin America perhaps?)

Something along the lines of:

1. Spectacled Bear
2. a Coati species
3. A Howler Monkey species
4. Golden Lion Tamarin
5. Ocelot
6. Scarlet Ibis
7/8: Scarlet and Blue and Gold Macaws ( Aviary)

A Spider-monkey species, Rhea, Tamandua, Bush Dog, Giant Armadillo, toucans, Marine Iguana or an alternate tamarin/marmoset would also be entirely valid options, the most important core is primates and macaws imo, followed by coati.

That said, the other longer shot one I would still like would be a China/East Asia pack:

1. Golden Pheasant and/or Lady Amherst's Pheasant
2. Mandarin Duck
3. Chinese Giant Salamander
4. Yak
5. Golden Snub Nosed Monkey
6. Raccoon Dog
7. Pere David's Deer
8. King Cobra (exhibit)

Bird Expansion Pack:
Atlantic/Tufted Puffin
Secretary Bird
Golden Pheasent
Victorian Crowned Pigeon
Southern Rock Hopper Penguin
Shoebill
Grey Crowned Crane
Great white Pelican/Brown Pelican
Southern Ground Hornbill
Helmeted Guineafowl
Scarlet Ibis
Greater Rhea
Roseate Spoonbill
King Eider
North American Wood Duck
Mandarin Duck
Black Swan
Great Egret
Kakapo
Bald Eagle [A]
Andean Condor [A]
Macaws [WTE]
Budgies [WTE]
Rainbow Parakeet [WTE]
New Aviary caged enclosure for raptor birds
30$

Bird Expansion Pack:
Atlantic/Tufted Puffin
Secretary Bird
Golden Pheasent
Victorian Crowned Pigeon
Southern Rock Hopper Penguin
Shoebill
Grey Crowned Crane
Great white Pelican/Brown Pelican
Southern Ground Hornbill
Helmeted Guineafowl
Scarlet Ibis
Greater Rhea
Roseate Spoonbill
King Eider
North American Wood Duck
Mandarin Duck
Black Swan
Great Egret
Kakapo
Bald Eagle [A]
Andean Condor [A]
Macaws [WTE]
Budgies [WTE]
Rainbow Parakeet [WTE]
New Aviary caged enclosure for raptor birds
30$
I mean this would be great, but it’s never gonna happen.

Also no owls?

Back
Top Bottom