Do planet zoo game developer really know what we want in planet Zoo game ???

But that would've also been wrong :D
I thought you've confused them with Marsupials because at least Osgood's short-tailed opossum lives in South America
Daaang, you got me there, Gibbons are from sout east asia. Sorry. Lets agree to that: SA has a lot of monkey species, also very small ones, and we need more monkeys in the game ;) Especially (and I double checked this time) howler monkeys and squirrel monkeys. Especially the later are kind of a staple in any zoo I know (c'mon, Pippi Longstockings minkey must be famous everywhere).

Personally only having 4 animals was even most noticeable with the Aquatic pack, as there are so many animals that could have been added without huge changes.
With South America I mostly missed the monkeys and lemurs, but I am hopeful they might make it into another pack, maybe with improved climbing and swinging.
So obviously we've all had a lot of speculation as to what the next possible dlc could be, with a lot of people thinking either Southeast Asia or just Asia in general bacause of the sun bear leak. I'd say Frontier has known about our grievances with primate brachiation just as long as they have known we wanted diving and aviaries. And since I don't really expect an aviary update to follow immediately after the diving update (although that would be amazing), a brachiation update with a Southeast Asian dlc that includes 2 different gibbon species, sun bear, clouded leopard, binturong and one other animal....man that would be so good lol

So obviously we've all had a lot of speculation as to what the next possible dlc could be, with a lot of people thinking either Southeast Asia or just Asia in general bacause of the sun bear leak. I'd say Frontier has known about our grievances with primate brachiation just as long as they have known we wanted diving and aviaries. And since I don't really expect an aviary update to follow immediately after the diving update (although that would be amazing), a brachiation update with a Southeast Asian dlc that includes 2 different gibbon species, sun bear, clouded leopard, binturong and one other animal....man that would be so good lol
6 habitat animals would be nice more would be even nicer :)

Daaang, you got me there, Gibbons are from sout east asia. Sorry. Lets agree to that: SA has a lot of monkey species, also very small ones, and we need more monkeys in the game ;) Especially (and I double checked this time) howler monkeys and squirrel monkeys. Especially the later are kind of a staple in any zoo I know (c'mon, Pippi Longstockings minkey must be famous everywhere).
Absolutely agree. More Primates would be absolutely great. I hope we'll also get a few African Monkeys. I really want the Olive Baboon (or at least another Baboon) in the Game. Green Monkeys would also be nice.

I like that they've included a Capuchin Monkey. Is there even another Zoo Game that has any kind of South American Primate? I assume we might see a Howler Monkey someday because if I remember correctly Files where found before the Beta was over

I am wondering , In the future , will frontier /planet zoo collaboration with other modders (ex zt2 modders) to cope with our high numbers of requests/wishlist ??? Actually this is my main question ...

If planet zoo staff/crew member don't wish to listen or adhere to our requests/wishlist...
I will accept it too without complaint no choice since they are the game maker and content maker.. we can only accept it .. we can't do anything ..

I got no hated toward planet zoo ... In fact I love it alot... I also do know that they implement deep swimming feature in the game because it was quite popular and one of the most requested features ... I know that they are looking at our request /wishlist... Just that it was too much of the request that they can't please everyone..since everyone got their own preferences , own favourite animal and etc ...

I am just recommending in this threads if they will consider cooperating and work with other modders to cope with our high request demand ...

I doubt they will ever cooperate with modders - and as long as they give us more substantial packs in the future (including animals AND bigger, well developed features) that is completely fine with me. Mods are only there to support a stable base and fulfill special players needs in my opinion. Those that are individual to each player.

I would, however, appreciate, if adding mods were simpler (like with integrating an easy to organize mod folder) and if it wouldn't look anymore like they especially try to break mods with each update.

I am wondering , In the future , will frontier /planet zoo collaboration with other modders (ex zt2 modders) to cope with our high numbers of requests/wishlist ??? Actually this is my main question ...

It is very likely that will not be the case. Modding is not encouraged by Frontier and good mods need insight in Engine Architecture, and as their Engine is their intellectual property (compared to an publicly available engine like Unity), it is very unlikely we would see anything regarding modding, other than something like the TMT that Planet Coaster has.

It is very likely that will not be the case. Modding is not encouraged by Frontier and good mods need insight in Engine Architecture, and as their Engine is their intellectual property (compared to an publicly available engine like Unity), it is very unlikely we would see anything regarding modding, other than something like the TMT that Planet Coaster has.
I feel like that would be an excellent (if unlikely) way to bridge this gap - once Frontier is done working on the game, allow a TMT-style 'Animal Maker's Toolkit', which would enable people to add animals into the game. Even if it only allowed for minor alterations to models/skins, and didn't throw open the doors to their much-touted animation tools, there would be a lot of scope there (hello black and white ruffed lemur, malayan tapir and asiatic lion). Frontier's job then becomes adding completely unique rigs to the game during its lifespan via DLC (which they've been doing with penguin, seal, kangaroo and cassowary (which does move around in a markedly different way to the ostrich) etc.), which would allow the greatest breadth of player-made animals in the 'AMT'.

Do I think this will happen? No.
Do I think it would be one of the few ways that we'll get the variety of similar-but-not-identical animals needed to fill out a realistic zoo roster? Kinda....

Not that I would promote mods or anything, but I noticed increase in released mods for PZ since Aquatic pack. And some of them are really well done too, though I prefer my games mod-free (except some bug fixing mods for no longer supported games).

I really hope we can get alot of animals official way. TBH I would not even mind the small packs if they would keep releasing them for long time, but if our time is limited - please get us packs with more animals.

I don't believe even TMTK will be there for PZ... think about all the collision, hitboxes, surfaces... etc. In PlanCo, and outside habitats in PlanZo, there's no collision. But once placed inside habitats... it's completely different. That's the main reason I think TMTK won't be available for PlanZo.

I don't believe even TMTK will be there for PZ... think about all the collision, hitboxes, surfaces... etc. In PlanCo, and outside habitats in PlanZo, there's no collision. But once placed inside habitats... it's completely different. That's the main reason I think TMTK won't be available for PlanZo.
Oh gosh, never thought about that. It would be a bummer. I'd love so unique advertisment signs and such, so I was kinda hoping for TMTK

Planco definitely has collision:

You'd only notice when objects go flying though.

Hitboxes in Planco and TMT are important as well, as not all objects allow to be build into each other (rides), unless you disable any limitation in game options.
(Yes, rides aren't possible in TMT, but it's more that collision still is important for TMT objects)

Last edited:
To answer the original question this thread asked: in short, yes.

I think that the CMs do a pretty good job of communicating with us when we give feedback on bugs or glitches, changes in the UI or gameplay we want to see etc. They can't comment on things like "Oh, will we get such and such species" etc. for obvious reasons. I do think that generally speaking, the development team is well aware of what we want to see from them.

I'm anxious to see what's going to happen with the first dlc of Year 2, because overwhelmingly the largest request or complaint (depending on how you view such things) is that we aren't getting enough animals in the dlcs. I've said this time and again, and I'll continue to hammer this point across, but there simply isn't enough species diversity in this game to keep me interested in playing it. Like, we need to start getting 6 habitat animals at minimum going forward. 4 animals keeps new people occupied for maybe a couple of weeks and then the game gets stale again. We saw this trend start with the South American pack, it got very, very bad with the Australian pack, and even the Aquatic pack that by far added the most to the game was also affected.

I think with casual players, it's just a matter of a couple of hours / 1 afternoon...

The DLC hype is getting shorter and shorter. I was expecting the Aquatic pack hype to last during the Christmas period. But no, it died pretty quickly.

The issue with DLCs is, if you ask me, the content is not enough for you to change a whole new build, to start a new park... it's not like "Alright, we've got these new animals, I need to start a new zoo so I can create this new old world primate section of my zoo".

In terms of quality, it's top notch. The issue, quantity.

Fair point, still think that the chances for TMTK are better than tools creating your animals. And eventually hope that such a tool, will be a start for more animals in DLC (and less building pieces)

Frontier mentioned multiple times no official support for mods, so just go with No. :D
PC and JWE didn't do it, so don't count on it for other games.

Btw, Someone on Discord mentioned ZT1 was the only one with official support for new modded animals and ZT2 never got official tools. Those tools were all created by fan/user programmers.
A whole discussion but in short: Programmers who would use the same ways of creating these tools (like they did with ZT2), would be doing somewhat illegal with using an intellectual property (not an open-source engine).

The issue with DLCs is, if you ask me, the content is not enough for you to change a whole new build, to start a new park... it's not like "Alright, we've got these new animals, I need to start a new zoo so I can create this new old world primate section of my zoo".
Yeah but 2 more animals won't change that. How much more would actually work for that?

• Like (+1)
Reactions: LN
Yeah but 2 more animals won't change that. How much more would actually work for that?
Even just two more habitat animals would give us so many more options. Like, just for the purposes of proving this to you, let's say instead of 4 habitat animals in the SA pack, we got 6.
-Jaguar
-Llama
-Capuchin monkey
-Giant anteater
-Any combination of two of these: Capybara/Coati/Howler monkey/Maned wolf/Bush dog/Ocelot/Caiman/Giant otter

You see just how much better that gets, instantly? And if we'd gotten the Giant otter and Black caiman in the original SA pack, we'd have (operating under this 6 animal format) 4 new spots for animals. Which could look like this:

-Emperor penguin
-Gray seal
-Any combination of four of these: California sea lion, Cape penguin, Fairy penguin, Galapagos penguin, Sea otter, Asian-short clawed otter, North American beaver, American alligator

Last edited:
Even just two more habitat animals would give us so many more options. Like, just for the purposes of proving this to you, let's say instead of 4 habitat animals in the SA pack, we got 6.
-Jaguar
-Llama
-Capuchin monkey
-Giant anteater
-Any combination of two of these: Capybara/Coati/Howler monkey/Maned wolf/Bush dog/Ocelot/Caiman/Giant otter

You see just how much better that gets, instantly? And if we'd gotten the Giant otter and Black caiman in the original SA pack, we'd have (operating under this 6 animal format) 4 new spots for animals. Which could look like this:

-Emperor penguin
-Gray seal
-Any combination of four of these: California sea lion, Cape penguin, Fairy penguin, Galapagos penguin, Sea otter, Asian-short clawed otter, North American beaver, American alligator
Even a slight increase makes a huge difference!

-Jaguar
-Llama
-Capuchin monkey
-Giant anteater
Well, actually was referring to the whole new build, start a new park or new section. I'm going to ignore the primate part from that comment because I don't think that a DLC will be focused on that.
I'm not convinced 2 more would make a difference for such gameplay, you'll need 10-15 animals to make such an impact. With 2 more, people will still complain it's not enough.
Or referring to the hype - 2 more animals won't extend that period that much. Maybe a week but certainly not weeks.

You see just how much better that gets, instantly?
Actually no, maybe depends on the type of player. The example (the combinations) you provided does not show any improvement on that part, imo really needs to be more unique than that.
Would be nice to have 2 more but will this make much difference on how long the "hype" will stick with me or on this forum? Definately not.
I think new game mechanics/building options/features have more impact for me and i've seen some other players comment similar things.

Top Bottom