Do "purple-haired heroes" scare everyone into Solo?

The amount of PvP traffic is orders of magnitude higher in combat CG's, despite inferences otherwise. Doesn't mean there won't be pvpers putting down traders, but not nearly as many. Most traders are either going to go pg/solo or make liberal use of the block button, so there just isn't a lot of incentive to operate there.
Unless it's Carcosa and another war for control... The Reapers were playing through each war we faced with a distinct lack of opposing human players... (It's not a fair comparison to bubble CZ's though)

Does it also say 'Dangerous through purple clowns'?
It does not specify, obviously. But I am with you on that PvP is the exact opposite of what DB wanted it to be. This is another case of failed game world integrity. It worked better, when players actually had something to loose. Nowadays you can earn a Cutter in the course of gaming session during the afternoon.

Last edited:
It does not specify, obviously. But I am with you on that PvP is the exact opposite of what DB wanted it to be. This is another case of failed game world integrity. It worked better, when players actually had something to loose. Nowadays you can earn a Cutter in the course of gaming session during the afternoon.
Unless you play like I do, in which case it's not so easy. I don't mine or do any other "exploity" things for quick credits. Most of my credits come from basic missions, running cargo, and beachcombing, all of which not paying that much (the last paying the most). I do this on purpose because I want there to be meaning to these things, which would be totally removed if I start mining opals. This means that losing my discount T9 the other day to a gank squad wiped out 1/5 of my entire credit balance - no small amount for me!

Top Bottom