Do we have a ETA on the cure for the beige plague?

big-heart-md.png

iXzyoiI.png

giphy.gif
Y0f237z.gif

Can we lock this thread now? ;)

NO, this has to stay open until victory is ours! We need to be able to post lots of in game pictures of the beige plague cured, THEN this thread will finally have satisfactory closure and can be locked up for all time! With a super happy ending!!!! :D

Last edited:
Not until we kill, bury, dig up, burn, and bury again this theory that consoles were to blame for beige planets to begin with :p

Haha, it might rather be a better idea to do that to this thread instead.

I would have said the reverse is true, that it establishes the likelihood that the intermediate beige system we have now is a compromise. FD haven't just tweaked the shader, they appear to have rebuilt it entirely, which is actually great news, if true, as they'll have been able to utilise those powerful "tricks" that consoles rely on while keeping their code-base homogeneous and scaleable for PC. All of the modern development kits support this kind of thing, but you have to design with these tools front of mind in order to maximise your return from them. Originally this game was designed for PC only, this new engine has the potential to move it much closer to being a true multi-platform game which is fantastic.

Word has it Obsidian Ant was seen doing a long series of back-flips down the isles at Expo.

The changes looks pretty good from an early look. Im going to have to get a new graphics card!

verminstar

Banned
Winner winner chicken dinner...so the end is in sight now. Im actually chuffed to bits with the livestream and I dont have a habit of watching many livestreams...and it wasnt live but real life had other plans fer me today and Im just getting up to speed now.

I like what I see but the bit that got a cocked eyebrow moment was the part about it being free to horizons players, and not just the QOL fixes but everything in Q1 and Q4. I have to admit, I didnt see that coming, kudos to frontier on that one...hard to criticize something thats free but from what I have seen, it would have been enough to have sold me anyway.

Some faith restored...gotta hold something back takes time getting used to hearing good news...shock to the system. That and having every bloody thing I posts checked by a butter wouldnt melt mod before its visible is doing me head in enough to just have something to moan about fer the hell of it ^

Those planets are soooooo gorgeous!

I suggest we don't close this thread until we can post non-beige... let's finish off with in-game colour and happiness. :)

Top Bottom