DISTANT WORLDS 2 - BASECAMP EVENTSBasecamps are our weekly rally points. After a week of exploring, we gather at the next waypoint on the journey to beagle point to relax, socialise and have fun. This is where most of the emergent content of Distant Worlds occurs, from the crazy crash landings, to the sudden impromptu games like SRV tag and bridge building, to the more formalised events like mountain climbing. This thread is to list these, or make suggestions, and for you guys to post the shenanigans you come up with for all to see.
As always, please make me aware of any cool stuff that happens throughout the expedition and I will try to put it in the newsletter. Please also try and record your events and send me the footage or the link to your own videos about it whenever you want.
Official Event Leads:
Please be in touch with either of us if you would like to suggest an event, either through private message or on discord.
Exploration Circuits - Organised by Alistair Hope (see post #3)
CQC Events - Organised by Zulu Romeo (see post #4)
Exploration Events - Organised by Kelanen Alcatraz (see post #5)
Console Events - Consoles may organise their own events (see post #6 & #7 by JonathanBurnage - Xbox - and Allcrowsareblack - PS4)
PS4 Events - Exploration Events and Circuits and CQC tournaments will be mirrored where practicable. Events unique to the platform may be organised in addition (see post #7)
GREEN - No official events planned. CODE GREEN basecamps are drop-in / drop-out events. Arrive, see if you can end up in a good instance, chat, make friends, suggest a game, record - see what happens!
ORANGE - Official events suggested. Some basecamps will be ideal for certain events, or the organisers may wish to encourage specific games. CODE ORANGE basecamp statuses will show here and be announced. The organisers will likely be involved, there will likely be a stream going on.
RED - Official event planned. Organisers will be strongly encouraging events at these waypoints.
Get status change alerts via announcements on the official twitter, or FleetComm discord
The current basecamp is in CODE GREEN
The current basecamp is in CODE GREEN
Nothing official planned, but please do go a sufficient amount of nuts, had a huge amount of Good Times, and make sure you point a camera at all the Great, as well as Stupid things that happen for all to see.
If you wanna make an event, please be in touch with an organiser, or respond here. Check this thread or the Fleetcomm Discord #dw2-events channel for impromptu events!
Games we have played in the past:
|SRV Tag Extreme (see Beagle Point Week section for details of this on DW1) https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/198085-Distant-Worlds-A-journey-beyond-the-Abyss?p=3116011&viewfull=1#post3116011|
|Whack-a-Rat (see Beagle Point Week section for details of this on DW1) https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/198085-Distant-Worlds-A-journey-beyond-the-Abyss?p=3116011&viewfull=1#post3116011|
|SRV Canyon Races|
|SRV Destruction Derby (see Beagle Point Week section for details of this on DW1) https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/198085-Distant-Worlds-A-journey-beyond-the-Abyss?p=3116011&viewfull=1#post3116011|
|Canyon Racing - using stock ships (available from Omega Mining - no engineering mods allowed, piloting skill trumps all!)|
|Basecamp Air Shows|
|Skeet Shooting https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/437827-New-SRV-game?p=6849807&viewfull=1#post6849807|
Rules for games:
- A free-for-all fight to the death - last CMDR standing wins.
- Competitors meet at a designated location.
- All the SRVs enter the arena.
- Spectators in SRVs and ships gather around the arena (warning: be aware of SRV weapons fire at this event).
- When the signal is given, all SRVs are to fight to the death... shooting at and ramming each other until one SRV remains.
- If an SRV is forcibly pushed off the cliff, or leaves of their own accord, they eliminated.
- Above the arena hovers (recommended two) stationary sniper ships - their job is to "laser the arena". Basically the snipers randomly and continuously reign down laser fire into the arena. If the SRVs below drive through the laser fire they'll obviously take more damage than usual. The snipers are not to pick on specific competitors, but they should concentrate their fire wherever a melee is taking place. (This will make for great video!)
- Snipers with beam lasers fitted would be idea, but pretty much all other weaponry will do.
- Repair is not allowed for SRV competitors - anyone spotted doing it is disqualified.
- Several rounds can be held and the winner of each goes to a final on a smaller arena
Last edited by a moderator: