[DW2] Basecamp Events

Is there a time table of sorts? I want to know if there is anything going on tonight. Do I have to check several posts or is there one table for all events?

If not, consider this a suggestion. :)

The OP contains the status. Code Orange, might update it soon. It will then link what's suggested this weekend. Also Micha, we do have ambassadors, I believe Dr. Drebin and Nate Lee are looking after Oceania, and will be trying to replicate stuff there. They have a team. I'll ask them to weigh in

Hello! Drebin Omega here, on of the OC Org's that will be in the base camp to welcome cmdrs in during the Oceanic timeslots, some of the other OC Org's should be along shortly to intro themselves.

Could use some more... refinement on the uptake for where to go when at which meetup. I know with so many participating it isn't an easy thing to conduct nor orchestrate all, but, from my perspective at least, the listed POI and waypoints should be more accessible and resolved in digestible terms. Hope that makes some sense.

It's well beyond a small club that can keep up on things that aren't lost in the noise of where the magnitude of those participating in general in this expedition are accounted for.

[video=youtube_share;BX1ljYx3g3k]https://youtu.be/BX1ljYx3g3k[/video]

Last edited:
Quick update and sorry for late notice:

Event: Geyser Shot
Planet: Omega Sector WW-H a11-0 6A (.03 G)
Geo Site: 04 (Methan Ice Geyser Site)

Event Info

Geyser Shot:
Using the power of the geysers, see how high you can fly. This will be an all day event until we launch.
If you want to keep track of your records use this sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-0cosHwJKx3zkRWhwboS9miJq4Fq7QH0Djd_mKrKVSk The Top 3 CMDRS will be announced at the next BaseCamp!

I will be on site until EUR launch, so while I'm there and others from the GEO dept we can judge some of the participants. I am starting a sheet though so those who can't make it their when we are can still participate.

Last edited:
Just finished the Colours of Clouds and Anemones Botany Tour Exploration Circuits.

A great thanks to those who compiled the circuits and especially to those who submitted the discoveries used in the circuits! This was a great way to get to see some real interesting points of interest for those of us who are strapped for time. I probably would only have seen one or two of these on my own (at best) without these circuits.

Cheers!

Quick update and sorry for late notice:

Planet: Omega Sector WW-H a11-0 6A (.03 G)
Geo Site: 04 (Methan Ice Geyser Site)

Event Info

Geyser Shot:
Using the power of the geysers, see how high you can fly. This will be an all day event until we launch.
If you want to keep track of your records use this sheet: (coming shortly) The Top 3 CMDRS will be announced at the next BaseCamp!

I will be on site until EUR launch, so while I'm there and others from the GEO dept we can judge some of the participants. I am starting a sheet though so those who can't make it their when we are can still participate.

I'm in!

Event: Formation Flight Training (for would-be instructors)
Organizer: Corbin Moran

[video=youtube_share;CEjFzRC35UQ]https://youtu.be/CEjFzRC35UQ?t=4520[/video]

Placing a circle inside a circle (video)

Connecting circles (video)

Boosting through a double loop (video)

Description:
  • This event is aimed at those of you who would like to get serious with formation flying and potentially set up your own events at future basecamps.
  • During the two hour session we will start with formation flight basics and do some simple maneuvers in a tight formation. You will get some experience learning just how much pitch you must apply to get that Anaconda of yours with undersized thrusters through a loop while maintaining a steady distance to the rest of the formation. At the end of the session we will try out more advanced maneuvers.
  • During the session we will also look at formation flight logistics - which roles must be delegated and stuff like that.

Date & Time:
  • Two events on Saturday, February 9th
  • 09:00 UTC (European morning and Oceania evening)
  • 16:00 UTC (European afternoon and US early morning)
  • 19:00 UTC (European evening and US morning/day) (This event is now fully booked)
  • Each of the three events will probably last a few hours and it is highly recommended to be there from the beginning.

Event Location:
  • GeoSite #31 some 300 km from WP4 base camp.
  • Event will take place in the FleetComm player group.

Platform:
  • PC

Communication:
  • We will be using the FleetComm discord for voice comms (microphone required for this event).
  • Look for the voice channel named “Wing 1 (No PTT)”

Requirements:
  • No previous experience with formation flight is required, but situational awareness and a steady hand on the stick are important qualities for a formation pilot.
  • All ship types are welcome (we once had a T9 lead a formation at Beagle Point…).

SIGN-UP:
  • Sign-up prior to the event IS required.
  • Please indicate if you will take part in the 09:00 UTC, 16:00 UTC or 19:00 UTC event. (NOTE: The 19:00 event is now fully booked)

Max number of participants to each of the three events is 20 people (so a maximum of 60 people in total). Formation flight gets really tricky with more than 20 people in a session and we don´t have enough experienced instructors around to host several sessions at the same time - which is why we are having this particular event. If you don´t get a spot this time around, rest assured that there will be another chance to do formation flying at wp5 - perhaps even hosted by some of the new instructors from this event.

IMPORTANT SAFETY NOTICE:
So far we have never had any accidents, but formation flying involves an element of increased risk - it is part of the fun and the thrill. By taking part in this event you accept the increased risk of losing your ship and respawning in a station many thousand LYs away.

How NOT to arrive if you are late to the event :)

Looking forward to threading some loops with you :D

Corbin

EDIT: Have added a third event at 16:00 UTC

Last edited:
Event: Formation Flight Training (for would-be instructors)
Organizer: Corbin Moran

Description:
  • This event is aimed at those of you who would like to get serious with formation flying and potentially set up your own events at future basecamps.
  • During the two hour session we will start with formation flight basics and do some simple maneuvers in a tight formation. You will get some experience learning just how much pitch you must apply to get that Anaconda of yours with undersized thrusters through a loop while maintaining a steady distance to the rest of the formation. At the end of the session we will try out more advanced maneuvers.
  • During the session we will also look at formation flight logistics - which roles must be delegated and stuff like that.

Looking forward to threading some loops with you :D

Corbin

I would love to do something like this but I am on PS4. Any plans for this type of event on PS?

!!!EVENT!!!

Dates: 2/2/2019 & 3/2/2019
Time: All Day* (Live Events** - 17:00 utc - 20:00 utc)
Planet: 5 B
Geo Site(s)****: #5 & #6

Info: Come take a ride on the geysers. Choose your best 3 jumps and winners will be announced at the next BaseCamp

Score Sheet Here: <https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-0cosHwJKx3zkRWhwboS9miJq4Fq7QH0Djd_mKrKVSk/edit#gid=0> ***

Notice:

All Day*: For those who can't make those times you can use the score sheet above to keep track of your three attempts. This allows for peple to take part all weekend long. Check the sheet to make sure
your height still remains at the top!

Live Event**: For the live event, members of the Geo/Bio department will be on hand to participate, answer any questions and just join in on the fun.

Scoring***: You can jump any many times as you want but you will only allow to be put your three best heights, or height of choices in the score sheet.

Geo Sites****: We have chosen geo sites 5 & 6. This is due to the fact that sometimes geysers just like to be uncooperative. Site 5 is the main choice, and it is in darkness around those times.
Site 6 is a little bit less active but will be in light during these times.

Voice Chat: DW2 Wing 3

Top Bottom