[DW2] Basecamp Events

Quantum Loop - Unofficial eventlike thing

x7FG3Ly.png

Have you ever considered that it would be possible to drive around a planet with SRV?

This Friday at 1300 UTC two commanders intend to start a round trip around the planet Flyiedgiae QN-T d3-17 Planet AB 1 B, also known as "Quantum World", using their SRVs. Approximate circumference of this planet is calculated to be 860.8 Km, but because of mostly rough and uneven terrain, it may be a lot more. Commanders have prepared Repair and refuel synth materials, because this long travel is likely to require quite a bit of fuel and accidental collision with terrain to expected.

It is likely that this loop is done in two or more legs, but that remains to be seen.

This attempt will be streamed to twitch live. Be sure to go and give a cheer for our brave commanders!

Twitch stream: https://www.twitch.tv/sabazeus and https://twitch.tv/alternerdtive

Last edited:

Have you ever considered that it would be possible to drive around a planet with SRV?

This Friday at 1300 UTC two commanders intend to start a round trip around the planet Flyiedgiae QN-T d3-17 Planet AB 1 B, also known as "Quantum World", using their SRVs. Approximate circumference of this planet is calculated to be 860.8 Km, but because of mostly rough and uneven terrain, it may be a lot more. Commanders have prepared Repair and refuel synth materials, because this long travel is likely to require quite a bit of fuel and accidental collision with terrain to expected.

It is likely that this loop is done in two or more legs, but that remains to be seen.

This attempt will be streamed to twitch live. Be sure to go and give a cheer for our brave commanders!

Twitch stream: https://www.twitch.tv/sabazeus

I will do that, tho I won't reach the planet on friday as I'm on my way to Colonia to grab my Cutter. So it'll be a bit lonely for me :D

https://flic.kr/p/23Tw5r2
!!!EVENT!!!

Event: Geyser Shot
Dates: 2/2/2019 & 3/2/2019
Time: All Day* (Live Events** - 17:00 utc - 20:00 utc)
Planet: 5 B
Geo Site(s)****: #5 & #6

Info: Come take a ride on the geysers. Choose your best 3 jumps and winners will be announced at the next BaseCamp

Score Sheet Here: <https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-0cosHwJKx3zkRWhwboS9miJq4Fq7QH0Djd_mKrKVSk/edit#gid=0> ***

Notice:

All Day*: For those who can't make those times you can use the score sheet above to keep track of your three attempts. This allows for peple to take part all weekend long. Check the sheet to make sure
your height still remains at the top!

Live Event**: For the live event, members of the Geo/Bio department will be on hand to participate, answer any questions and just join in on the fun.

Scoring***: You can jump any many times as you want but you will only allow to be put your three best heights, or height of choices in the score sheet.

Geo Sites****: We have chosen geo sites 5 & 6. This is due to the fact that sometimes geysers just like to be uncooperative. Site 5 is the main choice, and it is in darkness around those times.
Site 6 is a little bit less active but will be in light during these times.

Voice Chat: DW2 Wing 3

Anybody doing this on PS4?

I will do that, tho I won't reach the planet on friday as I'm on my way to Colonia to grab my Cutter. So it'll be a bit lonely for me :D

I just found out that the Rock Rats are having an event of their own for circumnavigating said planet. They start on Saturday 1300 UTC at coordinates 0.000, 0.000.
You could join them if you do not wish to travel alone.

Last edited:
I just found out that the Rock Rats are having an event of their own for circumnavigating said planet. They start on Saturday 1300 UTC at coordinates 0.000, 0.000.
You could join them if you do not wish to travel alone.

Most likely not gonna make that time either. Cutter only has 50ly range and I don't plan on using the highway. Still about 25k ly in total to go and also have radio business to do.

Twitch stream: https://www.twitch.tv/sabazeus and https://twitch.tv/alternerdtive
Hi everyone! As founder of the Planetary Circumnavigation Club I just wanted to pop in here and say I totally salute this endeavour. Just a few points ...

Firstly, if you complete a circumnavigation do please let us know about it in the Planetary Circumnavigation Club's forum thread so I can add you to the list of club members (and maybe even sort you out with an exclusive EDSM badge).

(The-Planetary-Circumnavigation-Club)

Secondly, for tips on how to drive the SRV like a boss check out this months issue of Sagittarius Eye magazine (issue #17).

Next just a quick comment to say that I'm not convinced about the recommendation (elsewhere) of starting at the pole. Coordinates are screwy around the poles. Much better to do an equatorial circumnavigation, picking a heading of either 90° or 180° and just following that all the way round.

Note: the circumference is around 850km so even if you managed to average 35m/s (which is a big ask) the journey will still take around 6.7 hours.

Good luck everyone! It will be an epic experience for those that undertake it.

Last edited:
Thank you Alec! I just became aware of the existence of Planetary Circumnavigation Club about an half hour before reading this post!

Reading about your trips around planets was amazing! You guys are truly insane (In a good way! :D).

Thank you for your tips! These are actually very, very helpful! Let's hope everything goes as smoothly as possible!

So I make that 10 complete circumnavigations of Quantum World so far courtesy of Cmdrs Stern Winter, Kezica, Sabazeus, Kit Ausland, AtomicFury, Alex Swindler, PrimetimeCasual, Greytest, BastiWandeR and Federico deSoya.

Congratulations one and all!

Hey I somehow missed that! Must make sure to write about it next time you do it, please pm me o7

Oh it wasn't me - not quite sure who started this but I only heard that people were doing circumnavigations of Quantum World for a DW2 waypoint event on Friday. I started the Planetary Circumnavigation Club back in November 3304 and have been keeping a record of all SRV circumnavigation attempts ever since.

I take it this wasn't an officially planned waypoint event then?

Edit: I think Greyest and PrimetimeCasual may have started all this with their Discord post to #dw2-events last Wednesday.

Last edited:
I got it!
Did the second part of my journey orbit flying again, but within the physics bounds. Overshot the target by 69 km :D
Will post in the club thread now.

I got it!
Did the second part of my journey orbit flying again, but within the physics bounds. Overshot the target by 69 km :D
Will post in the club thread now.

Bravo sir ... epic! [haha]

Is there a video of the moment you made it back down to the planet?

Hi everyone! I have an SRV Race Course in the system of Waypoint 4! See the course and information here: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/476736-DW2-Rusty-Run-WP4-SRV-Course

SRV Race Course: Rusty Run
The start of the course is at the base of Golden Mountain [-3.92 // 39.99]. There are 5 total checkpoints along the route, and we end at Geological Signal (12). Some of the features of this course: misty canyons, very flat and smooth canyons, unobstructed course, and geological sites. Length: ~180km following course route. It is estimated this course will take roughly 2-3 hours to complete. There is no specific time to start or finish the course (but you can join @Parabolus if able). This SRV adventure is intended for all Cmdrs to complete at their leisure.
Platform: Any
Mode: Any
In-game Location: Clooku EW-Y c3-197 5 A [-3.92 // 39.99]
Start: Any time

WP4 - Frebruary 3rd - Frebruary 10th 3305

Circuit Name
: Blue lights
Objective: A small tour, in a blue atmosphere.
Circuit Sheet:

These are really cool :) But.. do you have an english version? LOL, the currently linked one is in french..
(But would be a great idea to link different language versions if available.. I'd be happy to try to make german translations)

Top Bottom