Distant Worlds II Event [DW2] Distant Worlds 2: Discovery Submissions

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Is a system with a Black Hole as the main ‘star’ and three Neutrons stars as the only other bodies remotely interesting/rare? There’s not a lot to see and nothing to visit but it was the first of its kind I’ve come across.

Has it been previously discovered? Because I'd be shocked as heck if it hasn't been.

Has it been previously discovered? Because I'd be shocked as heck if it hasn't been.

No, it was undiscovered. It’s fairly high up on the galactic plane.

I’ve been searching for black holes for a few days, found a few, one with a WW plus some other bodies around the BH and another group orbiting a secondary star. Then I came across the one with three NS this afternoon.

No, it was undiscovered. It’s fairly high up on the galactic plane.

I’ve been searching for black holes for a few days, found a few, one with a WW plus some other bodies around the BH and another group orbiting a secondary star. Then I came across the one with three NS this afternoon.

have been out searching for undiscovered black holes - you can find groups of them towards the core, undiscovered

separate to DW 2 I found one like this recently as well. its on a thread here https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/476367-Clusters-of-Neutron-star-systems last picture

There’s my answer. No, they’re not that rare:)

I’m tooling around between The Festival Grounds and the Sidereal Wall and it’s amazing how many Non Sequence stars are Black Holes. Clearly it’s only a matter of time before I discover the next Collection of Wonders:p.................it’s just that aeons are a period of time just like hours are:D

Think this is the system that contains 'Z'ha'dum'. Blaa Phoe RK-H b52-5.

GN6Rrm2.png

Last edited:
I found a neutron star with crazy high rotation speed. There is binary partner in close proximity as well. The picture doesn't do it justice. It looks like it is glitching in game.

BLUA EAEC ZZ-W D2-436

5gGIls6

Last edited:
Nearby Runners (BOEWNST LJ-O D7-3103)

Two moons, very close to each other, with a movement of translation which seems a deadly race towards the destruction of each of them. You can approach these moons with the ship stopped.

(Sorry for my poor english, please check if it's correct. Thank you!)

Imgur Album:
https://imgur.com/a/EouJ93q

System Name: BOEWNST LJ-O D7-3103
Type of discovery: Tourist point
Body: BOEWNST LJ-O D7-3103 AB 1 A and BOEWNST LJ-O D7-3103 AB 1 B
CMDR Name: Sodanar

Last edited:
Hi there, just logging out for the night when I found two extremely close binary M class stars. When I jumped in, they were ~1.85ls of each other. Have people found binaries that are closer? I'll put in some pics when I log in later. Just thought I'd ask.

Boewnst HE-F d12-3411

What I find remarkable of this system is that it's located just 300LY from Polo Harbour (two jumps using nearby neutron stars) and it contains one Earth-like World and a terraformable Water-world as the innermost planets orbiting its A type star. The water-world specifically is of pristine light blue entirely, except the iced poles, with a singular exception of two small icy islands at tropical latitudes.

This system can be very benefial to the Polo Harbour colonialists not only because these two inhabitable bodies, but also because the rest of the planets are of high metal content, many of them with volcanism.

Pictures here.

Hi there, just logging out for the night when I found two extremely close binary M class stars. When I jumped in, they were ~1.85ls of each other. Have people found binaries that are closer? I'll put in some pics when I log in later. Just thought I'd ask.

Here is the screens of these extremely close stars. The closest binary I've ever seen on my travels.

https://imgur.com/a/BoBDcr1

u7nXho4

JqrUCX7.jpg

Maybe a first? I don't understand the Codex yet. So might be part of that too?
I've called it "Gyre five"
System: BLAA PHOE PJ-F C12-29
FIVE Water worlds in one system. It only has 10 bodies. 3 high metals including a candidate for terraforming and 2 ice. Plants 4,5,6,7 and 8 are water worlds.
Is this a record?
JqrUCX7

JqrUCX7

Last edited:
Maybe a first? I don't understand the Codex yet. So might be part of that too?
I've called it "Gyre five"
System: BLAA PHOE PJ-F C12-29
FIVE Water worlds in one system. It only has 10 bodies. 3 high metals including a candidate for terraforming and 2 ice. Plants 4,5,6,7 and 8 are water worlds.
Is this a record?

Probably not a record, but definitely notable!

Also there's this one. Not as good as the 5 water worlds. But is this rare?

A Class Y brown Dwarf with really large rings!

At BLAA PHOE ME-N C8-75 3

IV9BLUb.jpg

bCBn2Bi.jpg

i13WNJf.jpg

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom