[DW2] Distant Worlds 2 - Fleet Ship Showcase (Pic Heavy!)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
showcasebanner.jpg

Here ye shall find the entire fleet of registered Distant Worlds 2 Commanders

Reviving the concept from Katejina's DW 3302 Cmdr Profiles thread, this thread is the visual counterpart of the Roster. You don't have to do anything to be featured on the DW2 Ship Showcase: the entire process is automatic. Just make sure the information you send in your registration form is correct. If you send a ship + paintjob combination that does not exist in the game, you won't appear on the Showcase.

When can I send my very own photo of my dear ship?

For now, the Showcase only uses stock hangar pictures, almost all of which you may recognize are coming from EDSM (thanks Anthor and all the contributors!). I'll accept custom photos closer to launch date, when most fleet members won't be changing ships every other day anymore ;) In the meantime, you can spam photos of your ship on this thread \o/

Why is it important to fill the Registration Form accurately?

Last edited:
Should we wait to register if we want to take a Krait, Chieftan or scout (if it become's flyable)? Or is there a way to change ships after?

Should we wait to register if we want to take a Krait, Chieftan or scout (if it become's flyable)? Or is there a way to change ships after?

When you send the form, Google will give you a link to edit your form later on, so you can register and be sure to keep that link to choose the Krait once it's available. :)

Some of the ships on your missing list... I've included my GemFX view (that Obsidian Ant also uses), as well as the default vanilla.

Chromed Fer-de-Lance
Custom GFX Settings
39994892972_27b7e22b53_h.jpg

26153709018_f0c94d9233_h.jpg

Sidewinder Wireframe Gold
Custom GFX
26153705028_2e6041e12f_h.jpg

28247410249_6fe7c89746_h.jpg

Chromed Cobra Mk III
Custom GFX Settings
39317214484_447bee648e_h.jpg

39317212924_492cd62c82_h.jpg

Last edited:
Some of the ships on your missing list... I've included my GemFX view (that Obsidian Ant also uses), as well as the default vanilla.

Chromed Fer-de-Lance

Sidewinder Wireframe Gold

Chromed Cobra Mk III

Thanks a lot!

I see that most missing ships on the Showcase are due to people mixing up gold/golden, chrome/chromed. I might merge both or each type in the end, I don't know.

=======

Also, Anaconda Dazzle is not a thing!

Thanks a lot!

I see that most missing ships on the Showcase are due to people mixing up gold/golden, chrome/chromed. I might merge both or each type in the end, I don't know.

=======

Also, Anaconda Dazzle is not a thing!

How about just adding the year each was available it does distinguish in game

as cool as it is.. i think ill wait till around nov this year with this..

Im Hoping some more interesting Clipper/Chiefy Paintjobs comes out. this year.

EDIT: ooh its automatic... well doesnt EDSM also collect pictures of all ship's?

PS: it might be an idea for ppl to visit some Large Tourist systems for the pictures (if there going to be on a space station) as the brightest stations are the Tourist stations.

Last edited:
The showcase is such an awesome idea - well done everybody - would have been great to see Commander's portraits too!

Last edited:
I was about to ask if you can change ships, but as I just read, yes you can, so long as you save the link from your application form.

Does anything speak against it that you give us the *.psd files for the Ship Showcase picture and the signature? Some CMDRs can do that themselves and you could save time.
On the other hand I could understand if you think it could get messy if people do it themselves. :D

Still I would at least like to play around with those.^^

Whatever you say, I am ok with it. :)

Just an idea but what if instead of ships, we had pictures of our CMDRs HoloMe? It is a more personal touch, that will let us see each other as people rather than ships, and also our HoloMe might be less likely to change significantly over the next year than the ships people will be flying.

Looks great. I think I will be bringing my Asp, unless something else should come up. I have a feeling that we will get a new dedicated explorer ship during the Beyond update.

Think I'll take one of these three. Btw, having your shield active will delay the paint & nameplate degradation.
h9obUXM.jpg
If you like your custom nameplate really much, here's a potential trick to keep it shiny throughout the trip: Get your paintjob down to 0%. Fit nameplate. Since the paintjob is at 0% no further degradation will be applied, keeping your nameplate nice and shiny. If it works, it's my trick, if it doesn't, I don't know who you are, and why are you writing to me?

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom