[DW2] Post-Expedition | Final Fleet Numbers & Infographics

Thanks to those that made this possible. I am still lazily making my way back to the bubble. (decided to do a little mining around the Anchorage)

o7

Thank you Qohen for these amazing infographics and for sharing your talent with the community in so many ways.

Sorry to see you depart and hope you may return one day.

Godspeed, commander! o7

Well I find it quite selfish.
A lot of commanders, I guess 2/3 of them haven't even reached the point. Many has died, many more stopped on Sagittarius, many many more just gave up, like myself. And there are no words for them. Less then 1/3 made it to beagle point.
I must say I acted pretty childish when I was flying. Whining about how hard it was to fly, that I don't have big jump range. I was surprised to find out that avarage jump rage is actually more smaller then mine. Yet still this is quite annoying to see. Less then 1/3 made it, nothing said about last 2/3 and bit more.
Some people may say that they didn't deserve it / it's their problem / lack of will power / etc. But I cannot find anything so great in spending several months just to made it into nowhere and get a one stupid decal on your ship. If that is a test for your will power, then its most stupidest test, showing that you've wasted several months on nothing, but has proven that you are strong.
And the last thing is messages about people leaving / quitting / finishing or whatever. What that supposed to mean? It looks like the whole thing was made for someone's own amusement. "I wanna fly into nowhere and quit playing, hell yeah!". And what about others? There was a news in steam a 18th of July. Rock, Paper, Shotgun page, sharing story of some guy who traveled in DW2 as well. The main question of it was "What's next?" Really, what's next? All what I've seen is some people leaving. I haven't seen anyone saying great about whole thing, being sad over how little people made it. No, just "oh boy, I've made it, now I can go delete the game".
This is selfish in my opinion. Nothing said about people who gave up, no word like "It's alright, we hope you'll have better luck next time" or something. Everyone was just rushing in madness, trying to show how great of a traveler he is. Well, you've shown it, now what?
All that repetitive jumping into nowhere, a lot of people wasted their precious time only for nothing, just to return to bubble and watch how others make progress, saying something like "Kek you didn't make it coz ur weak haha". And in the end to see how other people was praising themselves and saying that they're qutting.

This is quite selfish.

Personally I found great personal satisfaction completing the long journey. I made many new friends. I saw total strangers (fuel rats, hull seals) offer help, advice, and encouragement. I saw the most beautiful place I have ever seen when I went to Goliath's Rest and looked down on the galaxy thousands of light years below me. I appreciated all of the hard work and planning and support the organizers provided us and I am grateful to them. I make absolutely no judgements on any CDR who left the expedition at any point. In fact, I truly believe you didn't have to go all the way to Beagle Point to enjoy the expedition. Just my 2 cents.

A lot of commanders, I guess 2/3 of them haven't even reached the point. Many has died, many more stopped on Sagittarius, many many more just gave up, like myself. And there are no words for them. Less then 1/3 made it to beagle point.
I must say I acted pretty childish when I was flying. Whining about how hard it was to fly, that I don't have big jump range. I was surprised to find out that avarage jump rage is actually more smaller then mine. Yet still this is quite annoying to see. Less then 1/3 made it, nothing said about last 2/3 and bit more.
Some people may say that they didn't deserve it / it's their problem / lack of will power / etc. But I cannot find anything so great in spending several months just to made it into nowhere and get a one stupid decal on your ship. If that is a test for your will power, then its most stupidest test, showing that you've wasted several months on nothing, but has proven that you are strong.
And the last thing is messages about people leaving / quitting / finishing or whatever. What that supposed to mean? It looks like the whole thing was made for someone's own amusement. "I wanna fly into nowhere and quit playing, hell yeah!". And what about others? There was a news in steam a 18th of July. Rock, Paper, Shotgun page, sharing story of some guy who traveled in DW2 as well. The main question of it was "What's next?" Really, what's next? All what I've seen is some people leaving. I haven't seen anyone saying great about whole thing, being sad over how little people made it. No, just "oh boy, I've made it, now I can go delete the game".
This is selfish in my opinion. Nothing said about people who gave up, no word like "It's alright, we hope you'll have better luck next time" or something. Everyone was just rushing in madness, trying to show how great of a traveler he is. Well, you've shown it, now what?
All that repetitive jumping into nowhere, a lot of people wasted their precious time only for nothing, just to return to bubble and watch how others make progress, saying something like "Kek you didn't make it coz ur weak haha". And in the end to see how other people was praising themselves and saying that they're qutting.

This is quite selfish.

Wow, talk about missing the point. Luckily for you Kort educated you. ;)

As for no one saying anything great about the whole thing, you didn't look very hard did you, There's over 800 posts from people saying how much fun it was here.. https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/distant-worlds-2-arrivals-thread.509918/

Distant Worlds is a tough challenge, just like the first one was. About 1/3 of the people who take part made it on the first one, and about 1/3 made it on this one too. Its not a surprise as thats.what.its.meant.to.be... a challenge that not everyone will complete. The ones who made it to Beagle Point did it for the challenge, not for "one stupid decal on your ship" as you called it. The ones who didn't make all the way did their best but if you're moaning cos they never got a mention, so what? This isn't an event where anyone who signs up automatically "wins a ribbon". They did it for what Kort spells out here -

Personally I found great personal satisfaction completing the long journey. I made many new friends. I saw total strangers (fuel rats, hull seals) offer help, advice, and encouragement. I saw the most beautiful place I have ever seen when I went to Goliath's Rest and looked down on the galaxy thousands of light years below me. I appreciated all of the hard work and planning and support the organizers provided us and I am grateful to them. I make absolutely no judgements on any CDR who left the expedition at any point. In fact, I truly believe you didn't have to go all the way to Beagle Point to enjoy the expedition. Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:
I cannot find anything so great in spending several months just to made it into nowhere and get a one stupid decal on your ship.

It was never about a decal, or necessarily for everyone about making it somewhere.
DW2 was a lot of things to a lot of people. Getting to the opposite side of the galaxy, a place with a lot of history and a bunch of meaning for a lot of people was one thing, but all the things we experienced with everyone else along the way were just as important.

This is quite selfish.

"We choose to go to the Beagle Point! We choose to go to the Beagle Point...We choose to go to Beagle Point even though it'll feel like it takes a decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard; because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one we intend to win, and the others, too."

And in the end to see how other people was praising themselves and saying that they're qutting.
This is quite selfish.

lol, already made some popcorn for when Q gets an eye on this :D

yeah, Qohen Leth spent monthyears with organising this just to sign out
he also spread around his awesome artworx for free and his inspirational mind over many in this forum cause he is selfishly :D

you were talking about childish behaviour while on DW2 ?!
well you didnt stopped to behave :)
nobody asked you to do it, nobody judges you but yourself

Of my friends who set out, I was the only one who made it, and yeah, it was a little sad arriving there all alone, but it meant ONE of us made it, and could welcome the others aboard a ship via telepresence to witness the galaxy spread out like that in one direction, with the void in the other. We got our moment of sitting there on the most distant moon, sharing a drink to commemorate the journey. But the whole DW2 experience was something to each of us. Something different, certainly. But each of us got something we wanted out of it.

Of my friends who set out, I was the only one who made it, and yeah, it was a little sad arriving there all alone, but it meant ONE of us made it, and could welcome the others aboard a ship via telepresence to witness the galaxy spread out like that in one direction, with the void in the other. We got our moment of sitting there on the most distant moon, sharing a drink to commemorate the journey. But the whole DW2 experience was something to each of us. Something different, certainly. But each of us got something we wanted out of it.

Well I had no-one to fly with. I've met only two people, one of which is offline, and another is hell if I knew where. Through out 438 of hours I've met very little count of people and I play with..maybe 2, sometimes 3 of them. No words about any journeys, we just hunt NPC's. If we speak about our private goals and achievements, then I gained nothing at all. Only wasted time.

yeah, Qohen Leth spent monthyears with organising this just to sign out
he also spread around his awesome artworx for free and his inspirational mind over many in this forum cause he is selfishly :D
I understand that. And pretty much I'm noticed about endless sheets. But as it was my choice to give up it was his choice to work alone on these sheets. You respect person who didn't try to ask for help yet no kind word on people who spent their time on nothing? That's quite hypocritical.

"We choose to go to the Beagle Point! We choose to go to the Beagle Point...We choose to go to Beagle Point even though it'll feel like it takes a decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard; because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one we intend to win, and the others, too."

Every challenge suppose to bring you at least a bit of satisfaction. What would it bring to me? Sitting alone in void looking at how people gather up in local groups and have fun? No, thanks. It is very pointless challenge.

"because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills."

You guys get killed by gankers because you carry no weapons on your ships. What skill? To press "J" button?

And in conclusion making it to colonia completely alone, doing repetitive jumps, offering help that no-one needs. How that supposed to be joyful? And I'm more then sure that there are much more people with same problem. There may be no DW3 upcoming, and since I see that a lot of people leaving the game I can say that it's pretty much the fact I guess. A lot of people self-destructed, died alone in space or just crashed. I don't think you can get any fun out of it. And whenver you think to yourself that maybe next time you will do it - you see messages of how people leave the game forever or for several years etc. I cannot say about others this time, but personaly all I got is feeling of wasted time and failed challenge, that I won't be able to complete again. There will be no next time, and there will be no people who used to be on DW2, hence nobody to prove your "skills to"

How that can be joyful?

All hail those brave pilots who reached the end in the smallest ships available.
How hard and challenging it must have been to jump so far away, in e.g. Hauler but also FDL.
I wouldn't be so patient for sure, so hats off :cool:.

How that can be joyful?
Same way different things are always a great experience to different groups of people.

Some people find antarctic research engaging, others would find it mind-numbing.
Some people are able to enjoy watching team sports, others find it wholly unengaging.
Some people enjoy relaxing on beaches in the sun, others find that a tedious waste of time.
Some people get thrills from jumping out of planes, others just don't grasp what the point is beyond "letting gravity slowly move you to the ground".

With the sheer amount of stuff available to do and see on DW2, I for one was never bored. And all the other people constantly discussing their findings, and maybe taking a detour to check some of them out, were a nice group to experience it with, too. It was a neat test of skill for many, too - especially those who did stuff like taking on challenges to safely land on certain high-G worlds, etc. Was always fun early along the route entering a system where that was going on and watching the chat as people failed, tried again, succeeded, etc.

Whoever organises the next big trip, there will be plenty of us looking to join it again, and there'll be those who missed out this time who decide they wish they'd gone along, and sign up, and there'll be newer players who missed it, like myself with DW1.
DW2 is a cause for celebration, and whatever is next will be for everyone involved in that.

Last edited:

This is quite selfish.

You don't know what you're talking about and have pretty much everything backwards lol
Don't transfer your bitterness on other people, thanks.

Top Bottom