ED Astrometrics: Maps and Visualizations

@Orvidius

Hm, looks like a few cronjobs on the Server need a little push?
The Interactive Map (and a few others) don't seem to update anymore since ~04 Oct.
I'll have to investigate. It looks like it's still updating the zoomed-in images, but zooming out to a point, it's not up to date anymore. So my guess is that the image-tiling script is having problems. Thanks for letting me know! These things usually hum along for years without intervention. Until it doesn't. :D

So it was more mundane than that. I added a CDN service to it roughly a week ago. Apparently it was a little over-aggressive in its caching. I've changed it to cache for no longer than 12 hours so that changes will be picked up the same day. We'll see how that goes. The whole CDN thing is a bit of an experiment.
 
Your sector list contains coordinates of all sectors, would it be possible to get those coordinates in the AA-A h sheet too to see if a sector is within the 'no interesting things here' zone?
 
Last edited:
@Orvidius

Hm, looks like it has broken down alltogether.
The Interactive Map is now a mix (depending on zoom level) of 10 Oct, 12 Oct and 14 Oct Data, although even the 14 Oct Data looks suspiciously like older data in max. zoom.
 
Hey there, using the EDAstro "Fleet Carriers seen via EDDN" CSV file and it's great data for a little project of mine, but I was wondering why it doesn't have the carrier name with all the other stuff? The link is here for reference: https://edastro.com/mapcharts/files/fleetcarriers.csv . Thanks!

Hi there! Sorry for the late reply. The problem is that I'm getting the bulk of my data from docking events in EDDN, where I get the callsign, but not the name of the carrier. What names I have are from manual entry, or snagging data from other sources. So if I tried to include that, it would be blank for most of them.
 
Hi there! Sorry for the late reply. The problem is that I'm getting the bulk of my data from docking events in EDDN, where I get the callsign, but not the name of the carrier. What names I have are from manual entry, or snagging data from other sources. So if I tried to include that, it would be blank for most of them.

I did some manual scraping of the Names, Codes and Users from Inara a while ago and put it over here. Not entirely up-to-date but it's got about 13000 names (out of the current 15500). Hope it proves helpful if you decide you want to bring in some names.
 
I did some manual scraping of the Names, Codes and Users from Inara a while ago and put it over here. Not entirely up-to-date but it's got about 13000 names (out of the current 15500). Hope it proves helpful if you decide you want to bring in some names.

Thanks! Was hoping for something a bit more timely, FCs changing all the time. Its interesting that the name has to be found in a different source. The ID works though, and I have a method for pulling the name if its DSSA.
 
I did some manual scraping of the Names, Codes and Users from Inara a while ago and put it over here. Not entirely up-to-date but it's got about 13000 names (out of the current 15500). Hope it proves helpful if you decide you want to bring in some names.

Huh cool. Is that being maintained by Inara, or someone scraping their site? If it's kept up to date, I can use that as an additional source.
 
Huh cool. Is that being maintained by Inara, or someone scraping their site? If it's kept up to date, I can use that as an additional source.

It was a one-time thing I needed for a sqlite pet project and figured that it'd be quicker to do it manually instead of scripting it. I wouldn't recommend using it as a source yet. But now that you mentioned it I'll try to figure out a way to scrape Inara from there and let you know when it's usable.
 
It was a one-time thing I needed for a sqlite pet project and figured that it'd be quicker to do it manually instead of scripting it. I wouldn't recommend using it as a source yet. But now that you mentioned it I'll try to figure out a way to scrape Inara from there and let you know when it's usable.

I already have some scraping tools going on. Let me see what I can fill in.
 
Last edited:
Yeah, that's probably a bug. I'll have to look and see what it's doing. I probably broke something when I changed the script to do multi-threading. I thought I had fixed all of that, but probably missed something.
 
I think I found it. It looks like it was only incrementing the system count on the first planet in the system (in whichever order they came out of the database). So it wasn't counting systems for cases where the first planet encountered was for a different type. Ugh. And it's been like this for a while too. Doh!
 
LOL … I'm laughing not at you or the error but because I had exactly the same "bug" just some days ago … but in a very different context … and it also has been there for quite a while. Fortunately it didn't do any (real) harm … as in this case, too.
Well … that's probably funny but just in my head … sorry for the commotion ;)
 
Top Bottom