Community Event / Creation ED-Panel Inserts for Thrustmaster Cougar Pack MFDs

I was thinking about buying these but was having trouble with the static background issue when I saw you guys putting touch screens behind them for back light static screens... I originally tried using the roccat power grid for a setup akin to this just using my phone or old kindle fire... The thought occurred to me that putting aan older phone or cheap tablet behind them running power grid the screen would also function as buttons and be slightly interactive. It would not act as a screen for the game specifically but it would add some functionality to the screen area... I may try to mock up a screen using your psd files as a starting point to show what I mean. Any thoughts?

IMAO you don't need power grid if you play with a hotas combined with the cougars because you already have so many buttons to define. If you think about using power grid you may not need the cougars and better safe the money.

Yep, unfortunately there is no native support for the MFDs in ED (yet???) so you got to use Target for defining... I started with the cool warthog layout from MikeyTT in Target and ED. So some functions are already predefined to some keys e.g. frameshift on 'j', some are not. So it was to define the MFD keys to the ones already set and the one that are not. Finally all the functions that are not binded in ED need to be set up there. It surely took some time... To make it easy for you just use the modified script in Target:View attachment 618. And then check/setup the definitions in ED. Be sure to start with a clean layout. MikeyTT has set up a nice youtube-vid for his definitions step by step. After that just add the MFD-commands (with Targetscript running in Background you can just press the buttons on the MFDs) and you are ready to go! Of course the script has to be running in the background in Target and in ED you have to choose your custom layout.

Sarge... Your a genius.. .I was sitting here, just thinking about how can I get my TM Cougar MFD's incorporated into this game. And Whala... you have it all set up.. GREAT Job.. And yes, now if someone out there can figure out how to get that middle screen to output to our USB 7" monitors would be a dream come true... Thanks for sharing..

Cheers
RJ

Well from what I understand we first require an API output from the game that contains the radar data. Which it's my understanding does not yet exist. However while we're at it I would request the target data screen that includes relevant bounty information including amount and maybe if it's been k scanned. For that matter maybe other information options from the left and right data screens. I don't know if this has officially been requested I do know it was promised in another space sim by its creator...

Hello again chaps,

I'm looking at these again and wondering if I could use 2x 7" screens to have the panels with an illuminated background.

I'm wondering, if I can use a 7", any suggestions on what would actually fit?

My vision is to use 2x USB 7" screens with some kind of function to charge backgrounds - then if there's a 'change mode' button for these panels, to have that as a hotkey defined for the screen and change the background picture.

Not sure if that makes sense! Does it sound like this could work?

Cheers,
Evolution

That is really wicked, I wish that I could post on the site, I had some questions. I can't get the parts in the OP there, but found this whole shibang of another post http://www.ebay.com/itm/HDMI-VGA-2A...2&pid=100005&rk=3&rkt=6&sd=151190261318&rt=nc it is actually cheaper than the post that had found it for 60, this is 48 with free shipping, which is extreamly affordable, especially if I buy them one at a time. It looks like they are working out a supplier for the boxes which would rock. I just don't know if the screens would fit in the original box. I am going to try to get dimensions, the nice thing is that this screen has a higher resolution than the one in the OP. Now if we can just get an API for the radar and such we will be set!

Really fantastic work NC Sarge! I've downloaded the backgrounds even though I don't have Cougars, I'm going to use your backgrounds as a starting point for my Powergrid. I especially like the Cobra vector graphic from the original game, very nice touch.

Oh and +1 rep, keep it up.

Hi there, I have just bought myself the mdfs and I am working on them. I was thinking maybe you would be so nice to share the file in the form of something that we can work with, change, alter? I have a hard time finding an exact blueprint to start from scratch and the internet fails me. I like your style but I prefer a different loadout with wingmen targets and so on. I would love to have your style combined with my own button descriptions. Would that be possible? Or do you have a blueprint somewhere?

The layouts were done with Photoshop and were saved with 'layers on' as PDF. So if you load the PDF in PS you can alter/change whatever you want. I can't think of another useful fileformat - besides PSD. You can download the PDFs from the dropbox link above.

Sarge, thnx for the layout, they're just awsome !
I just bought myself *ahum* 2 pairs of the Cougar mfd pack, but.....Has anybody tried this out?
I know u can use multiple of them, but i cannot see the 4 of them in the target software...only 1 and 2... 2 times...
not number 1,2,3,4....
I want to use the other for wing and other stuff while flying.....

Timeripp

Well,

I was looking in the wrong direction...Elite Dangerous sees multiple joysticks....so i can use all 4 of them now, and it works great...
Used ps for changing the layout a bit.. WP_20150920_21_16_15_Pro[1].jpg
In the middle an 8inch touchscreen, but i does not work quite right....

Timeripp

I recently added a Pipo X9 to my setup... Finally it all comes together... :) The X9 comes with a ready-to-run dual-boot of win10 and android.
Pipo.JPG

Last edited:
setup.jpg
Had to add this "reliable" keyboard to my setup... I did find this on ebay. As you can see it comes with a trackball :) Maybe a good idea for other simpits out there....

Top Bottom