Release ED Recon: an EDMC plugin for traders and bounty hunters in Elite: dangerous

v0.8.5

EDR v0.8.5 is out!
'Kraitest release ever'

• Support the new ships in Chapter 2
  • Added the "star" symbol as a prefix to each section in sitreps to improve legibility

If you were already on v0.8.4, then the auto-update feature should just work: just shutdown EDMC, wait for a few minutes, then launch it again.
In case it doesn't, download the .zip file and overwrite everything:
https://github.com/lekeno/edr/releases/latest

EDR discord bot

I made a companion discord bot for EDR.

edr-discord-bot.png

PM me if you want to invite the bot to your own discord server.

Commands:
- !help to show help information, e.g. list of supported commands
- !version to show EDR Discord Bot's version and changelog.
- !ping to confirm that EDR Discord Bot is online.
- !w cmdrname or !who cmdrname to show a profile of cmdrname based on information from EDR and Inara.

Permissions required:
- Send message and embeds: the bot needs these to respond to the commands
- Read message history: this is how bots are able to notice that a command has been issued.
- Embed links: this is required for the "rich embed" type of message that allows for fancy formatting and the use of thumbnails, etc.
- Recommendation: create a bot channel and restrict the bot to that channel via Discord's roles settings.

Last edited:
Yay, data submitting from your client directly to other computers and to discord, yay - must be gdpr-compliant, no question :)
And frontiers logging of IP-Adresses in their netlog :)

Yummy...

• Like (+1)
Reactions: MJC

Arguendo

Volunteer Moderator
Yay, data submitting from your client directly to other computers and to discord, yay - must be gdpr-compliant, no question :)
And frontiers logging of IP-Adresses in their netlog :)

Yummy...
Yay! You're back with legal stuff! It wasn't covered on page one at all!

Perhaps, you've tried to login without a proper EDR account (I saw your application, check your inbox on the forum)?

I'll check on my end but typically this can happen when:
- the account is invalid
- the commander name differs from what EDR has on file
- you are flying an unreleased ship ;)

v0.8.6

"Dynamic Karma" EDR V0.8.6 is out!
  • Launch and shutdown EDMC to autoupdate.
  • Or update manually by downloading the latest and overwriting your current version.
New in this version
Dynamic karma:

• The dynamic karma is determined by the scans sent by other EDR users. Scan everyone and help other commanders!
  • Dynamic karma will be prefixed with a ≈ symbol in the profile.
  • It errs on the safe side of things. Consider the outlaw/ambiguous/lawful alignment as a hint, use your best judgement.
  • Further tweaks might happen in the future (server side).
  • Static karma is still there and takes precedence.
Other things
  • Fix the "blip failed" message for anonymous users.

tfw ur so chicken you make a plugin to tell you where the bad guys are so you can hide, then remove your location from it. pffftt

tfw ur so chicken you make a plugin to tell you where the bad guys are so you can hide, then remove your location from it. pffftt
Seriously?

You seem to think its only for hiding. It has functions for Bounty Hunters as well as anyone looking for hot spots. You obviously havent read about how it works at all.

And just because it tells you there is known ganker/pker in a system it doesnt mean you run away, it just lets you know to be on the lookout for them. It is a multi function application, you should remove your blinders and actually find out what it is before you show your lack of understanding.

Shoot I would thing it could even be used to tag players for other things by using the notes feature.

v0.9.1 "Nearby"

EDR v0.9.1 "Nearby"

What's new
Find stuff near you or near a system of your choice:

• !if or !if Lave to find an Interstellar Factors near your position or Lave
  • !raw or !raw Lave to find a Raw Material Trader near your position or Lave
  • !encoded, !enc or !enc Lave to find an Encoded Data Trader near your position or Lave
  • !manufactured, !man or !man Lave to find a Manufactured Material Trader near your position or Lave
  • !staging or !staging Lave to find a good staging station near your position or Lave, i.e. large pads, shipyard, outfitting, repair/rearm/refuel.
  • !htb, !humantechbroker or !htb Lave to find a Human Tech Broker near your position or Lave
  • !gtb, !guardiantechbroker or !gtb Lave to find a Guardian Tech Broker near your position or Lave

Other changes

• Added support for the Alliance Crusader, and the new Guardian SLF.
  • Showing more info on the !distance command, e.g. taxi time, transfer time.
  • Misc bug fixes.

How to get it:
it should auto-update on shutdown.
First install / Re-install? Check the wiki.

I've installed the plugin for EDMC following the instructions on github, but I can't seem to get it to respond to any commands I type in local.

EDR v0.9.2 Farmastic

New ED Recon (EDMC plugin) release 0.9.2 "Farmastic"

This release adds 2 new features.

!search command: a chat command to help you find good spots for farming engineering materials.
Noteworthy facts: EDR will notify you if a jump destination has the right conditions for very rare/rare materials.

See the release notes for more details or send !help search in chat to learn more.

Other changes:

• fixed !staging, i.e. the command that finds a good staging station near your position or a given system, i.e. large pads, shipyard, outfitting, repair/rearm/refuel.
  • Fixed the "blip failed" issue.
  • The notice area will now be cleared before displaying a new notice, especially when the notice is the result of a user action.
  • Fixed !sitreps: it used to take way too long and/or fail.
  • Service location queries, e.g. !if for finding the nearest interstellar factors will automatically take into account landing pads requirements based on your current ship.

Last edited:
v0.9.3 "Pythia 3305"

V0.9.3 "Pythia 3305" packs a ton of new/upgraded features.

If you already have EDR, it should auto-updates itself on shutdown (just wait for a minute or so before relaunching it).
If you are new to EDR, check this readme first.

New features and fixes

`!nav` command
A chat command to get guidance toward a planetary destination

• Send `!nav 34.3 -12.1` in chat to set your destination to longitude 34.3 and latitute -12.1. Guidance toward your destination will be shown if you are approaching a landable body
  • Send `!nav off` in chat to disable the navigation hint.
  • Send `!nav set` to set your current position as your destination.

Assessment of material densities
EDR will show an assessment of a planet's materials if their density is better than average. First, you'll need to obtain the planet's material composition. This can be done by scanning the nav beacon and then navigate to any landable body, or by sending recon limpets to a planet.

Fight reports
EDR can report on-going PvP fights to EDR central's discord channel. Flash your lights twice to enable/disable fight reporting. Note: This features only works in PvP situation and when you are in danger. It also requires an EDR account.

Bodies of interest
EDR will notify you of interesting stellar bodies as you jump into a system, e.g. material hotspot, barnacles, etc. Furthermore, EDR will automatically guide you toward well-known locations as you approach a planet.

Expectations for very rare and rare materials
EDR is now compatible with Elite 3.3's revamped BGS for materials drops, as well as the FSS.

• EDR will show you the most likely outcomes when jumping to a system.
  • EDR will show you what to expect from High Grade Emission and Encoded Emissions signals if you scan them via the Full Spectrum System Scanner.

Calling EDR central
With an EDR account, you can send a message or various request to EDR Central's discord channel.

• Send `!fuel optional message` to dispatch a fuel request. Also check Elite Dangerous Market Connector's user interface for extra instructions with Fuel Rats/Fuel Corgis.
  • Send `!repair optional message` to dispatch a repair request. Also check Elite Dangerous Market Connector's user interface for extra instructions with Repair Corgis.
  • Send `!police optional message` to dispatch a law enforcement request.
  • Send `!edr optional message` to dispatch a message.

Misc.
  • Added support for the Krait Phantom and the Mamba
  • Bug fixes in material search features (failing, incorrect results)

Last edited:
Hi , i was using tool and its fantastic, but since the last update i have some random problems and the overlay sometimes work and others dont.
My system is Windows 10 x64 using the game throught steam
16 Gb Ram
Vga:GTX970
I was trying to troubleshoot this by doing:
Borderless window
Full Screen
Open the ED Mark as admin
and still fail, lurking in the log i found this

[EDR]Game mode is Open
[EDR]Warming up client.
[EDR]Notify about EDR v0.9.3 by LeKeno (Cobra Kai); details: Check that Elite still has the focus!
[EDR]header=EDR v0.9.3 by LeKeno (Cobra Kai), row=830, col=50, color=#dd5500, ttl=16, size=large
[EDR]In-Game Message failed.
[EDR]text: Check that Elite still has the focus!
[EDR]text: v0.9.3 'Pythia 3305': prediction and guidance since 8th BC
[EDR]text: Analysis of FSS and nav.beacon scans, assisted navigation with '!nav 12.3 -4.5'
[EDR]text: -- Feeling lost? Send !help via the in-game chat --
[EDR]text: [Escape] It is safer and faster to jump to a different system than going back to supercruise (i.e. 'high waking' is not subject to mass lock).
[EDR]line=Check that Elite still has the focus!, rownb=0, last_row=0, row=860.0, col=50, color=#ffffff, ttl=15, size=normal
[EDR]In-Game Message failed.

What can i do to resolve this?

Tell me if i must post this in another forum
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Arguendo

Volunteer Moderator
Hi , i was using tool and its fantastic, but since the last update i have some random problems and the overlay sometimes work and others dont.
I've found that the EDMC overlay is a bit unstable. If it doesn't show up I go to the Task Manager and kill the "EDMC Overlay" process there and it usually pops right back up.

What Arguendo said. Not sure why but sometimes the overlay refuses to respond. Killing it will have EDR start a new one for the next message.

Let me know if this works, and how often the overlay stops working.

Top Bottom