Votes: 22 64.7%

Votes: 14 41.2%

• Total voters
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Ah oh, ah. Really? Of all the newsletters I've read till now, they've stated to expect the RESET of game position (monies, ships etc). I now need to go back and double check.

If I'm mistaken, I'm willing to shut up and make an apology. Before I do so, let me go check the newsletters. Maybe I need new reading glasses? :S
We have been told to expect resets. But only the ones the before standard beta and before gamma have been explicitly stated. There has been a general 'we may reset at any time'. Point is, sometimes we had resets in alpha and sometimes we didn't. I would not have been surprised if there was a reset before PB2, neither would I have been surprised if there wasn't. Based on what FD had said, either was possible. Indeed, if they had said there would be a reset before PB2, then I probably would not have done the grind.

I think that it was stated that we can expect a wipe at the end of Beta / release of Gamma but should not expect any more after that point (unless something major crops up).

There should be a reset at official release, IMO. At that point, everyone should start off with the same (or, whatever they are entitled to due to what they bought into).

I have played the game a fair bit, but I am not really interested in building up credits/ships/etc. right now as I know that it is beta and am expecting resets (this has been stated frequently). The resets should, again IMO, reset everyone to the same level. If testing is required for new/bigger ships, then it is easy to give people more starting credits, or a choice of ships, etc. (though this should apply to everyone).

People seem to be playing the beta as if it is the real/complete/finished game. It isn't, and as such I don't believe any attempt should be given to preserve credits/status etc., and other means (as above) should be used to test additional content/features, etc.

rapante

Banned
My dear british Commander-Fellas, since you have more time playing Elite (instead of watching the Worldcup :D) there should be no reason to whine about a reset.

OK, just kidding :)

My two cents: As I subscribed to the beta it was clearly stated that a reset can occur anytime. I expected it to happen more often to be honest. The only thing I want is: 1000 credits and a sidewinder when the final is out. Anything more is appreciated, but I dont expect it to happen.

There should be a reset at official release, IMO. At that point, everyone should start off with the same (or, whatever they are entitled to due to what they bought into).

FD are effectively treating the gamma as the 'release' as far as pre-backers are concerned. They have told us there will be a reset before the gamma. But they hope that will be the last one, and that nothing major will crop up in the gamma to force another reset. To all of us on here, effectively gamma=official release.

I'll stroll off with over 1Mill credits and you can keep your <100k. Happy?
I would be because I couldn't care less what someone else has. Ultimately you haven't lost anything, you just haven't gained anything i.e. what you would have had if you had actually been playing.

I don't think FD really have anything to answer for here as it was your choice.

Yay, mid-range cargo ship

Gonna use the credits I get from my eagle into a hauler with a mining laser ;)
Which may be one reason why they are doing the wipe that is not a wipe. Had then not wiped at all, and just let everyone carry on where they were, people with an eagle would not have been able to sell it to swap for the hauler, as you don't get cash back on your old ship (unless they put that in).

FD are effectively treating the gamma as the 'release' as far as pre-backers are concerned. They have told us there will be a reset before the gamma. But they hope that will be the last one, and that nothing major will crop up in the gamma to force another reset. To all of us on here, effectively gamma=official release.

...which means that this is nothing compared to the posts that will turn up if there is a reset between gamma and actual release.

But I would hope that no-one can claim ignorance of this possibility. That during Gamma should something nasty happen there could be a reset.

We have been warned! :)

I am not really botherted about the whole credit thing, I chose to not bust my balls trying to get a better ship, I just casually played it then left it alone, that is my choice, I guess from a FD point every wipe would kill the game for players who are actually playing the game and not testing it.

I won't get burned again, I wont play a WIP game I will test it and then play something else, when the game is at a playable stage gamma with no further wipes, Bring it on.

II guess from a FD point every wipe would kill the game for players who are actually playing the game and not testing it.
This is probably the reason for some of the negative reactions, they forget or fail to realise they aren't playing a finished game but pieces of one.

This is probably the reason for some of the negative reactions, they forget or fail to realise they aren't playing a finished game but pieces of one.

I has been stated multiple times that we should expect wipes and resets during Beta testing.

And everyone needs to understand that everything will get reset before it goes live.

Philip Coutts

Volunteer Moderator
For me we are in Beta, we should expect wipes at anytime, no point in getting bent out of shape about it. Just because there isn't a wipe with the next update doesn't mean there won't be in a couple of weeks. Also to confirm we are testing, not playing this is not early access not even close to it.

I was surprised to learn of the credits thing, not for the reason the OP stated, but because it would be "rewarding" the hackers / exploiters if FD have fixed the hack / exploit.

OP should bear in mind that PB-backers have far more reason to gripe because Alphas get their mits on releases first, and they lose less when the game bugs out and kills their ship. That is far less "fair" than getting no credits for not logging on for 3 weeks.

IOP should bear in mind that PB-backers have far more reason to gripe because Alphas get their mits on releases first, and they lose less when the game bugs out and kills their ship. That is far less "fair" than getting no credits for not logging on for 3 weeks.
Eh? Sounds like an excuse for a whinge. How do alphas lose less? When the PB1 launched we started exactly the same as the betas.

Eh? Sounds like an excuse for a whinge. How do alphas lose less? When the PB1 launched we started exactly the same as the betas.

They get an insurance "cut" .... and that will be in the final game, not just Beta.

Is it a whinge? You bet. If I had wanted pay-to-play, I wouldn't have opted for ED. I see no good reason for an Alpha to have an in-game advantage over everyone else, no matter how insignificant.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom