ED without gankers is..

You have no idea how happy I am to hear that, SL. PvP opens a whole new level of game to be played for sure, similar to graduating from riding a trike around the playground to training for cross country enduro cycling runs, or perhaps competing in the Tour de France some day.

Let's not overstate things.

I've acquired modest muscle memory and truly time wasted level mechanics understanding and I like the boom booms.

I mean it's much more than PvE but I'm pretty sure the Tour de France would gank me in short order.

Well, I'm kinda sad that they're not there. I can count the number of player killers I've actually met that tried to shoot me down on one hand. I've trolled Eravate, Deciat, Wyrd, Shinrarta Dezhra and various other spots over the years and encountered almost nobody. I blame this mostly on our timezone and our very low ability to instance with people from the US or UK/EU regions. We're in AP.

Honest, I really did try looking for them, one day I'll turn up in a ship equipped to actually fight them.

PvE stuff only goes so far before your brain falls out your ears from the drudgery.

There is no passive meaningful interaction. I've actually stopped saying 'o7' and started enthusiastically saying 'Heya!' or 'Hi, everyone!!' just so I'll get a response, even if it's 'what the heck'

Just keep in mind when you hear someone like Crimson say that, that they're possessed of thousands of hours doing nothing but engaging all different aspects of PvP. To keep their engagement the bar is set a lot higher than it is for the noob just trying it out for the first time (relatively speaking).

o7

:)

I am just reacting to a very common and ubiquitous blanket statement such as "PvP is dead" without a qualifier such as, "for very seasoned experts". I am sure I would feel the same if I were a PvP virtuoso. But I am not.

There are indeed some advantages to being a beginner.

o7

Imagine what you could learn with a mentor that didn't stop playing the game.
Indeed. I can't wait for the big update to drop because I am very much hoping that players who quit out of boredom will return.

However, although they may be fewer and in decline, I am sure that there are still excellent PvPers who attempt to pass their knowledge on to others. Even if it is only via words or videos.

Frankly, bored PvPers might want to be more open to the thought of teaching. Teaching is also an art form. The process of trying to explain complex processes in itself forces one to analyze in excrutiating detail why and when each move is made. A teacher is bound to find inefficiencies in her performance and thus become even more skilled.

o7

Indeed. I can't wait for the big update to drop because I am very much hoping that players who quit out of boredom will return.

However, although they may be fewer and in decline, I am sure that there are still excellent PvPers who attempt to pass their knowledge on to others. Even if it is only via words or videos.

Frankly, bored PvPers might want to be more open to the thought of teaching. Teaching is also an art form. The process of trying to explain complex processes in itself forces one to analyze in excrutiating detail why and when each move is made. A teacher is bound to find inefficiencies in her performance and thus become even more skilled.

o7

Pretty much every PvPer I know is happy to help out once asked. Even gankers help their victims if they ask and remain polite. However, most just contribute to the salt mine and are therefore ganked over and over again. Those who ask for help usually find some, especially from those that just kicked them down.
The only thing it takes is to ask, it creates a miracle once done. Yet so few people do it.

Anyhow, the current state of PvP is pretty much "on hold" while we all wait for something meaningful to happen. And in the meantime we practice in Star Citizen so when it drops we are not bloody rookies. Or we play other games that offer more of a balanced and challenging gameplay.

Anyhow, the current state of PvP is pretty much "on hold" while we all wait for something meaningful to happen.

At this point I'd be content with people interdicting my CMDR not having to call a time-out to fix all of their module priorities.

And in the meantime we practice in Star Citizen so when it drops we are not bloody rookies.

I'll take a look at SC when I'm convinced it will drop before we are all moldering corpses.

Elite without gankers is how I play. Plus I’m too far out on the rim for any of them. I happen to enjoy it out here.

Maybe if you give your coordinates and are on Open, someone with a long range conda and single small rail or PA will end up out there to gank you. Never know, that might even make a Galnet story.

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator
Isn't it TWO of three ways to play the game? Or is there a PG called "The Anti Mobius" dedicated to ganking?
Both multi-player modes are PvP enabled - and not all players, even in a PvE Private Group (where each player agrees to abide by the rules of the PG, prior to joining), are to be trusted not to break their word.

Boring. We patrolled Eravate last night for about an hour during prime gank time. Nada. Where was everybody? We saw a bunch of noobs even some in Kraits and Pythons but not a single "wanted" baddie looking for action. Peaceful police action is nothing to brag about. It was one of those nights when I got the feeling a party was going on somewhere and I wasn't invited.

sure they did not hide solo? doing wicked things like flying in unprotected ships doing PvE stuff, basically all the stuff they too afraid of doing in open? but want everyone else be doing in open?

Top Bottom