Discussion EDCoPilot adds new "time trial" racing feature to the huge list of things this "virtual cockpit assistant" can do

I. just like @Triplerazor, would like to thank @Alec Turner for pointing my nose towards this great tool.
Thanks @Razzafrag for creating this really handy tool. I'm currently working at getting used to landing manually and the feature that announces where the landing pad is located reduced my confusion upon entering a station by roughly 75%. There's still some confusion left because my eyes are a little weak on the red/green spectrum, which is most prominent with bright lights - they look white to me.

There is one thing I would like to suggest, though. I would love to see an option to disable the keybind reminder completely, as I use a gamepad to play, which sometimes forces me to delete preset keyboard binds to avoid conflicts with my pad binds.

I am wondering, is there an option to disallow the use of the SRV's thrusters? Like, if you use them, this would result in a time penalty? I sometimes come across some great places for rock crawling or SRV trials...

Did I read that correctly, you are sometimes confused about the positions of the landing pads? But you already know the pictures ? If not, this one for example:
1701610075902.png

Did I read that correctly, you are sometimes confused about the positions of the landing pads? But you already know the pictures ? If not, this one for example:
I know those pictures, but they don't help me, as I can't memorize them. Mind you, I'm fairly new to this game, playing about one and a half years now...
The time it would take me to look at this map and try to find the location of the pad - without even knowing if I'm entering the station in the right orientation - would cause me more problems than it would help me.

I don't know EDCoPilot, but from what I've read and what other commanders I know have said, EDCoPilot is very good for your problem. There is another tool that makes an announcement about the landing pads, EDDI. Maybe worth a try for testing.

I know those pictures, but they don't help me, as I can't memorize them. Mind you, I'm fairly new to this game, playing about one and a half years now...
The time it would take me to look at this map and try to find the location of the pad - without even knowing if I'm entering the station in the right orientation - would cause me more problems than it would help me.
I am with you about memorising the whole map, I just have a vague idea about some of the pads though I do know where 1 & 2 are because they can be such a pain. Orientation is easy just fly through the slot with the red and green lights in the same position relative to your ship every time and you will get a feel for it. Personally I keep the Red to Port(left) and the Green to Starboard(right) in line with the old aid to memory Port Wine Left.

Personally I keep the Red to Port(left) and the Green to Starboard(right)
That's how EDCopilot tells you where they are. "Pad X is at five o'clock in the back if you enter with the greens on your right."
But there was this little issue with my eyesight, which isn't always able to tell red and green apart...
/edit:
I think the red ones are blinking but I'm not 100% sure.
Yes, the red ones are blinking. I was just in game to confirm it, so now I'm 100% sure.
The red ones are blinking. Okay, that helps. Cheers.

Top Bottom