Release EDDI 3.3 - Bring your cockpit to life

Oh wow. I'm so sorry for your loss, you have my deepest sympathies. :cry:

Hoodathunk was always willing to help solve scripting issues I encountered, and he was instrumental in several of my early attempts at doing unusual things in Cottle.

The world, and the Galaxy, will be darker places without his shining light.

To Hooda, take care my friend, and I'll see you on the other side of Witchspace.... o7

From the EDCD Discord:
-------------------------------------
Greetings everyone,

Hoodathunk was my father and it really helps to know that he touched so many lives. I didn't get to play ED with him as much as I had wanted. I remember how excited he was when I picked up the game, and he shipped me a Thrustmaster T.16000 without ANY delay. There has never been any game that spoke to him like Elite Dangerous did, and I'm grateful he was able to experience something so dear to him. Like my step-brother Benton said, he was the pinnacle of geekness and you could always count on him to talk your ear off about anything sci-fi related.

I became a Trekkie because of him. I remember watching just about every space sci-fi show that ever came out with him and we would nerd out about them all the time. He bought me my first Science Fiction novel: Hyperion, by Dan Simmons, and I must have read that book about three dozen times before it fell apart.

You guys mentioned his patent earlier. You wouldn't believe how much he nerded out about its total output of 1.21 Gigawatts (I'm not kidding.. I think he did this on purpose). He absolutely loved physics, and he mentioned this community quite a bit.

I would be honored if there is anything I can do to help this community. Whatever the language, I'll learn it. I'm a Full Stack JavaScript developer and I would love to do anything to keep his memory alive.

Thank you all for being his friends,
Chris

Last edited:
Is there any way that I can change the command to open EDDI in Voice Attack? I finally decided to try EDDI and wow!!! The only problem I have is that I cannot open EDDI in Voice Attack since I'm a French Canadian but use English EDDI. Voice Attack don't recognize the default command to open EDDI both in English or French if I switch the language. I've look a little bit in the folder but didn't find a place to change my setting. Sorry for my noob question or if this have been addressed in this forum already. Thank you for this amazing software. o7
I just briefly saw the new that someone dear has passed away. I also offer my sincere condolences. <3

Last edited:
Is there any way that I can change the command to open EDDI in Voice Attack? I finally decided to try EDDI and wow!!! The only problem I have is that I cannot open EDDI in Voice Attack since I'm a French Canadian but use English EDDI. Voice Attack don't recognize the default command to open EDDI both in English or French if I switch the language. I've look a little bit in the folder but didn't find a place to change my setting. Sorry for my noob question or if this have been addressed in this forum already. Thank you for this amazing software. o7
I just briefly saw the new that someone dear has passed away. I also offer my sincere condolences. <3
You probably need to train Windows Speech Recognition a few more times (I would recommend doing this at least three times, potentially more if VoiceAttack is still having trouble recognizing your speech). Using a headset to isolate your microphone from the in-game audio is also strongly recommended. If you've already looked at both of those suggestions and are still having issues, you can edit the command [Configure; Initialize; Minimize; Maximize; Restore; Close; Open] EDDI in the EDDI.vap profile.

Note: If you haven't yet imported EDDI.vap into VoiceAttack, you can find it in EDDI's install directory, usually VoiceAttack/Apps/EDDI

Speaking as someone who counted him as a friend, thank you for the condolences with respect to Commander Hoodathunk's passing.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    139.8 KB · Views: 225
Last edited:
I am having problem with the fuel script.It reports that there is a script error with fuel checks script also with star scan script.I didn't change anything id eddi personality.Any fix?

I found the default command inconsistent at best and edited the voice trigger in VA to "Open Auxiliary Control." Works every time now.

I am having problem with the fuel script.It reports that there is a script error with fuel checks script also with star scan script.I didn't change anything id eddi personality.Any fix?

I experienced this as well after using my SRV. It's been acknowledged that there is an error shceduled for fix in next release.

I experienced this as well after using my SRV. It's been acknowledged that there is an error shceduled for fix in next release.
Our current recommendation is to simply try restarting EDDI if this occurs.

Any chance of a future EDDI update personalising fleet carrier owners as it doesn't look like FD are interested?. One of the things I like about EDDI is the fact that it treats users as singular. I like when I open EDDI and get the welcome backCmdr so an so message. It annoys me when I return to my fleet carrier and get the same message as a passing cmdr would get.

Any chance of a future EDDI update personalising fleet carrier owners as it doesn't look like FD are interested?. One of the things I like about EDDI is the fact that it treats users as singular. I like when I open EDDI and get the welcome backCmdr so an so message. It annoys me when I return to my fleet carrier and get the same message as a passing cmdr would get.
So reacting to the Docked event? If so, that's probably already possible with a few script edits.

Maybe for you but not for a 70yr old non teccie grandad?. :D :cool:
Alright. This is a good fit for https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/eddi-scripts-and-eddi-enabled-va-commands-thread.311614/ to let's take the conversation there.
1. I'd like to know exactly what you'd like said when you dock at your own fleet carrier.
2. I'd like to know the marketId for your fleet carrier. If you dock at your carrier, the value will be written to event.marketId during the "Docked" event. You can extract it by placing {Log(cat("My market ID is: ", event.marketId))} at the beginning or end of your "Docked" script, docking at your fleet carrier, and then reviewing (or pm'ing me to review) the most recent log written to %appdata%/EDDI/eddi.log on your system.

Our current recommendation is to simply try restarting EDDI if this occurs.
I have been experiencing similar issues with EDDI (via VoiceAttack) in the past couple of months. After completing a hyperspace jump often no command is recognized for over a minute, then suddenly the requested commands will be executed in rapid succession.

Sometimes EDDI will report the following types of errors:

"Error with npc cargo scan commence script.
Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation."

or more often

"Error with signals detected script. Collection was modified.
Enumeration operation may not execute."

It's almost as if EDDI is trying to execute scripts after hyper jumps (or drops to normal space) and spinning its wheels when it finally comes back to life.

Top Bottom