Release EDDI 3.3 - Bring your cockpit to life

Might be EDSM? I noticed last night that I have no log entries since March 3, and I never play without EDDI.
EDSM is not updating from the data that its supposed to be getting from EDDI.

Last edited:
Ah that makes more sense. It's because EDDN has started anonymising data. We have a ticket open to adopt the new EDSM API which will fix that.

I'm pleased to announce that EDDI 3.0.0-rc1 is now available via the auto-updater (if beta access is enabled and you are running at least 3.0.0-b2) or this direct link.

Change log:

• Core
    • Incorporated new data definitions for 3.0.
  • Installer
    • First installations will now take any custom VoiceAttack installation location into account when proposing a location for EDDI.
    • Upgrade installations will continue to use whatever location was selected in the first installation.
  • Speech Responder
    • Added 'Jet cone damage' event
    • Script changes
      • Added new script 'Jet cone damage'
  • VoiceAttack
    • Added the following new variables
      • {BOOL:EDDI speaking} True if EDDI is speaking, false otherwise. Useful for synchronizing speech between EDDI and other sources in VoiceAttack.
    • Fixed a bug whereby `cmdr.title` was not being initialised.

Quick one here, in the Ship Monitor tab I still get TypeX instead of Chieftain for Ship model also still comes up as TypeX for the variable 12:11:30 - EDDI Ship Loadout: TypeX

Didn't the Chieftain get added a few releases ago or my EDDI isn't picking it up?

Ta folks

Ship monitor is working as it should for me, as well as the entry for the Chieftain.

---
Suvi Alpha 1 Alliance Chieftain suv-a1 66345383 Shinrarta Dezhra Multi-purpose
---

It properly identifies the Chieftain.

@BumbleB
If you are already updated to 3.0.0-rc1 then you likely have a borked shipmonitor.json (from a previous version), try forcing a fresh update by moving it out of the folder and forcing EDDI to write a new copy.

In hindsight an awful lot of bother could have been avoided by writing the authoring app's version string in shipmonitor.json.

Might implement that starting with 3.0.1. (3.0.0 is in release candidate code freeze now)

Ship monitor is working as it should for me, as well as the entry for the Chieftain.

---
Suvi Alpha 1 Alliance Chieftain suv-a1 66345383 Shinrarta Dezhra Multi-purpose
---

It properly identifies the Chieftain.

@BumbleB
If you are already updated to 3.0.0-rc1 then you likely have a borked shipmonitor.json (from a previous version), try forcing a fresh update by moving it out of the folder and forcing EDDI to write a new copy.

Yup that did it, FINALLY i have the Alliance Chieftain ;)

Boo yah ö7

Just for the record, both questions have been answered in Discord chat.

Cottle has a non-standard grammar: you need to use a colon to get back from Cottle-land to output-land.

I have recently upgraded my HCS voivepacks to the newest versions and have just re-insatlled EDDI rc1 and everything seems to be in good working order so far.

I'm now at the point of debating re-installing the EDDI.vap and adding it in, but now I'm wondering how long it's been since any updates have been done to it and if it will cause any issues.

Any guidance appreciated in regards to this issue on how best to integrate everything.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom