Release EDDI 3.3 - Bring your cockpit to life

QQ regarding event.age with Stellar Body Scan.... is there a need to multiply the value times 1000000 ? Basically the journal appears to write it as: "Age_MY":4180 Thus to work in EDDI, it would need to be 4180x1000000 to have an accurate value, correct?

Each time I scan a star, its always the "youngest" in the galaxy.

The journal writes the age in megaYears, hence the "_MY" suffix. Current versions of EDDI also report it in megaYears, as noted at: https://github.com/EDCD/EDDI/wiki/Star-scanned-event, and the scripts have been conformed to that basis.

There was some confusion about the units a few months back. If you are using an older custom script with a newer version of EDDI, that might be the reason.

QQ regarding event.age with Stellar Body Scan.... is there a need to multiply the value times 1000000 ? Basically the journal appears to write it as: "Age_MY":4180 Thus to work in EDDI, it would need to be 4180x1000000 to have an accurate value, correct?

Each time I scan a star, its always the "youngest" in the galaxy.

Check whether your script matches the default. You may have an old version of the `Star report` script.

Corrected this for you. If using something like E:D or :S, check the Disable smilies in text in the Miscellaneous options. You'll need to click the Go Advanced button between the Post Quick Reply and Cancel buttons to see the miscellaneous options.

Ahh, thanks for bringing that to my attention. There was a mismatch between the wiki and actual written variable. I've updated the wiki.
  • {DEC:Status system pips} a decimal value indicating the power distributor allocation to systems
  • {DEC:Status engine pips} a decimal value indicating the power distributor allocation to engines
  • {DEC:Status weapon pips} a decimal value indicating the power distributor allocation to weapons
  • {INT:Status firegroup} an integer value indicating the ship's currently selected firegroup (this is a zero based count, so your first firegroup will be '0')

Last edited:
Hello together :) ,

first, sorry for my bad englisch :( , but I hope you understand my question (thx Google translator ;) ).
I use until now EDDI v2.4 . I have translated some responder scripts into German. If I now install the new version, I can then use these scripts again ?
With ED V3 the Type-9 was upgraded (additional slot, named "Slot00_xx"). In the variables of EDDI V2.4 this slot is not recognized.
Is this fixed in EDDI V3 ?

Thank you for your help and Information !

Greetings nepo

Hello together :) ,

first, sorry for my bad englisch :( , but I hope you understand my question (thx Google translator ;) ).
I use until now EDDI v2.4 . I have translated some responder scripts into German. If I now install the new version, I can then use these scripts again ?
With ED V3 the Type-9 was upgraded (additional slot, named "Slot00_xx"). In the variables of EDDI V2.4 this slot is not recognized.
Is this fixed in EDDI V3 ?

Thank you for your help and Information !

Greetings nepo
The scripts in your custom personality will not be affected by the upgrade.

The scripts in your custom personality will not be affected by the upgrade.

Thanx :), all OK ! I went to the new version yesterday. Before the personal script saved, the old version completely uninstalled and the directories deleted, then the new version installed. No problems so far.

Greetings, nepomuk :D

Just to advise everyone looking at translations of EDDI's scripts to please be patient just a while longer. Like EDSM, we're going to be using OneSky to manage our translation projects, but I need a few more days to get everything prepared properly.

So once we translated EDDI script to a diffrent language can we share it there or it will be some sort of forum to discuss that?As mine already done mostly.

EDDI will localise UI and internal data (such as the names of commodities, materials, etc).

We're looking at using OneSky to manage that data.

And there will be a mechanism for localiation of the default script. Where it was just "EDDI.json" we will give localisers the ability to specify another name such as "EDDI.fr.json", "EDDI.de.json", etc.

Still thinking about whether that is best managed here or in the scripts thread.

Well that is an absolutly great idea but as you know not all language rules and Terms fit in english as it will be not too understandable in these language just say one like italian or polish etc.etc but happy to take my part in it.Also if you want to use my complete translation just PM me if you intrested.

Just got my first T9. Why is EDDI spamming me that I have a limpet controller but no limpets every time I land and take off? I never have on this ship or account.

Just got my first T9. Why is EDDI spamming me that I have a limpet controller but no limpets every time I land and take off? I never have on this ship or account.

Good question. Which exact version of EDDI are you running? Earlier versions than the current 3.0 beta could get %APPDATA%\EDDI\shipmonitor.json into an inconsistent state, in which case removing it while EDDI is not running then re-launching EDDI and the game can clear things up.

If that's not it then please let us know.

Just downloaded EDDI 2.4.5 and its just crashes when I start it. I had to re-install windows etc, it was working before, just not now. Any help would be appreciated.

Just downloaded EDDI 2.4.5 and its just crashes when I start it. I had to re-install windows etc, it was working before, just not now. Any help would be appreciated.

Reinstall windows? Better to delete the EDDI data folder in the roaming folder of your appdata folder; or move it to an archived location. Let EDDI recreate it. Of course you will have to supply your credentials for the Frontier API, EDSM and such, but it's much simpler than reinstalling Windows.

Is there a particular reason why you have not updated to 3x?

I didn't know there was a 3.X, theres no update availabe for me. Should I just Google 3.X and re download?

Reinstall windows? Better to delete the EDDI data folder in the roaming folder of your appdata folder; or move it to an archived location. Let EDDI recreate it. Of course you will have to supply your credentials for the Frontier API, EDSM and such, but it's much simpler than reinstalling Windows.

I did a complete wipe of my HDD. Not because of EDDI. I perhaps should have worded it better. I did a complete format of my HDD and was just installing stuff back on to my PC, then I ran into the issue with EDDI

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom