Release EDDI 3.3 - Bring your cockpit to life

Hi.im start using Win10 now on and im facing a wee problem as EDDI doesnt store my active personality soon as i shut EDDI and re launch it.it is always back to default EDDI personality.Anyone having same?

Hi.im start using Win10 now on and im facing a wee problem as EDDI doesnt store my active personality soon as i shut EDDI and re launch it.it is always back to default EDDI personality.Anyone having same?
It sounds like maybe EDDI is having trouble writing to the directory where your config files are saved. Are your other config preferences stored correctly?

I was not aware there was a 3.0 either. I guess I was too used to EDDI telling me to upgrade. I'll get it now!

Update: Issue appears resolved, though the Limpet Controller check is greyed out and cannot be disabled in my copied profile. No big deal, as long as it stops yelling at me all the time. :)

Many thanks!

Last edited:
Yes the update notification chain broke because GitHub tightened their SSL verification and (correctly) deprecated the older SSL/TLS versions that EDDI was using, unbeknownst to us, because .NET < 4.7 sucked.

We fixed that in 3.0.0-b2 but since we are powerless to change GitHub's policy we are reliant on forums, reddit and social media to get the word out.

Prior to the last 3.x beta release of EDDI, the auto updater was broken.

It works properly again.

To anyone that is coming here with issues and is still using a 2.4.x version of EDDI, you really need to install the latest 3.x release, it includes changes for 3.0 Beyond and other fixes.

Edit: Ninja'd by seconds!

Last edited:
Hi all.
Im asking is there anyway to EDDI tell me what composation the Atmosphere on the planets just like telling me what composition the vulcanism??im having a guess yeah but need confirmation b4 i make the script broken...
Im mean can i use
{If report.atmosphere.composition
Does it will work at all or there are no option for that in the journal/event log??

Last edited:
Hi all.
Im asking is there anyway to EDDI tell me what composation the Atmosphere on the planets just like telling me what composition the vulcanism??im having a guess yeah but need confirmation b4 i make the script broken...
Im mean can i use
{If report.atmosphere.composition
Does it will work at all or there are no option for that in the journal/event log??

Yes it's possible. But more complex.

EDIT: Decided to remove the script from here and crosspost to https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/311614-EDDI-Scripts-and-EDDI-enabled-VA-Commands-Thread?p=6605632&viewfull=1#post6605632. In the interest of keeping the discussion here focused on the base program. :)

Last edited:
First I want to thank everyone working to keep EDDI alive and well. It really adds so much to the ED experience.

That said - I think it may be time to retire this thread and start an EDDI 3.0 thread and update the OP on this thread to redirect.

Thanks again to all who are supporting EDDI

Hi,

This morning when using EDDI the voice profile appears to be stuck in a distorted (ship damaged) mode. I have restarted both it and Elite Dangerous, switched ships but the distorted voice appears to be with me all the time ?

Any ideas where I should next in trying to clear it up ?

Thanks

Hi,

This morning when using EDDI the voice profile appears to be stuck in a distorted (ship damaged) mode. I have restarted both it and Elite Dangerous, switched ships but the distorted voice appears to be with me all the time ?

Any ideas where I should next in trying to clear it up ?

Thanks

Fire up EDDI and go to the Text-to-speech tab and uncheck the block. Test the voice on the button below the check block.

I went to that tab and tested using the two Voice buttons, one with and one without distortion. Both of these worked correctly (one distorted). I also set the slider input all the way to the left to remove all distortion, still the same erroneous effect in game though :(

I went to that tab and tested using the two Voice buttons, one with and one without distortion. Both of these worked correctly (one distorted). I also set the slider input all the way to the left to remove all distortion, still the same erroneous effect in game though :(
It sounds like your shipmonitor isn't writing data correctly. Are you running the latest release candidate (version 3.0.0-rc1)? (https://github.com/EDCD/EDDI/releases) We addressed an issue like that not too long ago.

Yes the issue was that older versions of EDDI were erroneously writing out the ship health as 0% instead of 100%! So when we re-implemented distortion on damage, all ships were getting 100% distortion.

If upgrading doesn't fix it then removing %APPDATA%\shipmonitor.json and restarting EDDI and the game definitely will.

The EDSM responder has been updated to send data to EDSM per their revised API.

Yay! It's been a real pita to manually upload all my logs to EDSM.

Now if you can also get it talking to Inara... :p

Thanks guys!

Last edited:
Hi,
I do have a problem with the new RC EDDI 3.0.0-rc2. Voice Attack tells me, that EDDI is not fully functioning. And obvisiously it isn't, because EDDI doesn't talk nor respond to commands. So I went back to EDDI 3.0.0-rc1 and all is working.

Just thought, better I mention it now.

By the way, EDDI is a fantastic addon for ED.
Homunk

Hi,
I do have a problem with the new RC EDDI 3.0.0-rc2. Voice Attack tells me, that EDDI is not fully functioning. And obvisiously it isn't, because EDDI doesn't talk nor respond to commands. So I went back to EDDI 3.0.0-rc1 and all is working.

Just thought, better I mention it now.

By the way, EDDI is a fantastic addon for ED.
Homunk

Have you updated VA to 1.7? I am not having any issues with EDDI in VA.

Back
Top Bottom