Release EDDI 3.3 - Bring your cockpit to life

Is EDDI in VA eating up a lot of CPU for anyone else?
Hi Commander. I just tried flying around a bit with EDDI version 3.1.0-b2 running in VoiceAttack (including jumping to another system, which usually puts a bit more strain on EDDI as it loads new system data). VoiceAttack's CPU usage topped out at just over 4%. We need more information to be able to replicate the issue that you are reporting.

What is the "normal" VoiceAttack CPU utilization on your system?
Which EDDI version are you using?
Are you seeing CPU spikes, or prolonged elevated levels?
Were you doing anything in-game at the time? If so, what?
Do your log files (recorded to %APPDATA%/EDDI/) record any exceptions? Any repetitious data?
Does the issue persist when you are using the default EDDI.vap and EDDI personality?

Please report this issue to https://github.com/EDCD/EDDI/issues with the requested details so that we can investigate further? Thanks!

Darkcyde, thanks for the profile - I'm going to gradually incorporate your ideas into my own!

One little thing I have discovered along the way:

My current EDDI voice - Zira - can't pronounce "gimbaled" properly. I have found that the best way to get it pronounced properly is to replace:
gimbaled
with
<phoneme alphabet="ipa" ph="ɡɪmbəld">gimbaled</phoneme>

As a side benefit, you can copy-paste the IPA pronunciation string from the Wiktionary page for a word into the above, and it gets it pretty much right!
(The above string is Unicode, so don't go pasting it into an ANSI-only text editor! :) )

Oh, and I also noticed some difficulty pronouncing "A" class module codes (it kept saying "a 2-uh module").

Instead of {module.class}-{module.grade}
I have found that "{module.class}" "{module.grade}"

ends up pronounced more reliably.

( {module.class}-{module.grade}. and {module.class}-{module.grade}, also work, but for some reason the "," produces a longer pause than the "." )

random soundfiles

Hi, i got another question. I try to replace the arguments of the code below with soundfiles.
How can i do this with more than one file? They should played randomly.
Do i still use the play () function for that?

Code:
{if damaged = 0:
    {OneOf("system.", "{ShipName()} is fully operational.", "{ShipName()} is undamaged.")}
}

Would be nice if someone could help me with this.

Did anyone else EDDI profile get terribly broken while in the Beta?

Not really. Most things work without problems. A few scripts are invoked, where they shouldn't or are repeated multiple times. Right now with the ED Beta I don't care too much.

The only two things I've noticed so far:-

1. Scanning the Nav Beacon, all bodies are reported as if I had scanned them individually. I had a 40+ body system last night, and gave up listening after about 5 minutes and force-quit EDDI. :D Even though I closed the EDDI and VA windows, it stopped the current body report mid-flow, but then started the next one and read that out, yet neither EDDI nor VA were running any more. That's happened the two times I've had to quit it for the scanning nav reason. I must admit, I didn't think of trying it while I had Task Manager open, to see if they were still running there. I might give that a go next time.

2. Probably because it's on the beta server, but I noticed that 'Market Information Updated' doesn't trigger.

The only two things I've noticed so far:-

1. Scanning the Nav Beacon, all bodies are reported as if I had scanned them individually. I had a 40+ body system last night, and gave up listening after about 5 minutes and force-quit EDDI. :D Even though I closed the EDDI and VA windows, it stopped the current body report mid-flow, but then started the next one and read that out, yet neither EDDI nor VA were running any more. That's happened the two times I've had to quit it for the scanning nav reason. I must admit, I didn't think of trying it while I had Task Manager open, to see if they were still running there. I might give that a go next time.

2. Probably because it's on the beta server, but I noticed that 'Market Information Updated' doesn't trigger.

There are a ton of changes to scanning, so I would expect very little of that to work in EDDI while running the chapter 4 beta.

Also, FDEV has gone to Oauth2 authentication in the beta for cAPI, so that is completely broke.

We're pleased to announce that EDDI beta version 3.1-b4 is now available from the beta update channel and on GitHub.

Minor bugfixes, and added VoiceAttack commands to export ships to Coriolis and EDShipyard.

Both the live version of EDDI (v3.0.3) and this release are safe to use with the beta of Chapter 4 insofar as they won't upload any data that they shouldn't. However both are currently showing minor issues due to events not triggering in exactly the same way in the beta of Chapter 4.

Full change log here.

I thought Frontier was going to publish this for you guys beforehand? Isn't that what the 3'rd party strike was about?

FDEV does provide the manual to Journal, which is a formal description of the data in the events, but there's no substitution for being able to interpret the live data and see how the serialized data is formed.

We're pleased to announce that EDDI beta version 3.1-b5 is now available from the beta update channel and at https://github.com/EDCD/EDDI/releases/tag/Release/3.1-b5.

With this release, we are transitioning to using EDSM as our primary backend data source. We also fixed a couple of bugs related to limpets and cargo displayed in VoiceAttack.

Both the live version of EDDI (v3.0.3) and this release are safe to use with the beta of Chapter 4 insofar as they won't upload any data that they shouldn't. However both are currently showing minor issues due to events not triggering in exactly the same way in the beta of Chapter 4.

The full change log is available at https://github.com/EDCD/EDDI/blob/Release/3.1-b5/EDDI/ChangeLog.md.

Back
Top Bottom