Release EDDI 3.3 - Bring your cockpit to life

Thanks for the reply, Tkael.

My home system is Diaguandri. Tested also with Sirius, Sol and Asellus Primus with the same result. The Home system box remains purple as though it doesn't recognise the name, and no station names are visible in the drop-down menu below.

EDDI v3.3.2 following a clean reinstall and reimport of EDSM logs.

Reproduced for Diaguandri but not Sol with my current EDDI.sqlite, and for all systems after removing my EDDI.sqlite.

Reproduced for Diaguandri but not Sol with my current EDDI.sqlite

This is a known problem that was self-identified and corrected by PR #1048, merged into #develop branch, but has not yet made it to the public.

and for all systems after removing my EDDI.sqlite.

This was intended. The UI elements are only updated via EDDP server data in an attempt to be a good citizen to EDSM, under the assumption that the cmdr has been to his/her squadron headquarters at least once.

Last edited:
Thanks VerticalBlank and Hoodathunk for advising on the issue with entering Home system details.

Great also to hear the API access is almost back.

Keep up the good work!

Last edited:
Some of you have been asking about the new notification you sometimes hear: "The EDDN responder is in an invalid state and is unable to send messages. Please validate your position by either jumping out of the system and back in or by logging out and logging back in."

What is going on here is that we need to add location data to scan events that we send to EDDN. You'll hear that notification when EDDI has detected an inconsistency with the location data it is tracking. We want to make sure that the EDDN responder only sends correct data.

Any observations about things that throw EDDI into a state where you here those notifications would be valuable to us. So far, the main cause we've found is starting EDDI with an ED game session in progress.

So, best advice is to start EDDI or Voice Attack before launching the game.

I have tracked down my issue to one happening 100% of the time when I scan a nav beacon (both compromised and normal do it). It appears to be triggered by a certain kind of data not updating to EDDN properly. I say a certain kind because man oh man does it spam that message until it has given me a message for each kind of data found and not able to be uploaded to EDDN. I have bothered to count the message repeats and correlate that number with amount of certain kinds of scan data in a system yet seeing as I was just googling this issue and found this thread.

I hope this helps with your tracking down of the glitch. Also, disabling scan info verbosity script does not stop the many many repeats of this message I get. I cant seem to figure out the specific script giving my that darn EDDN message, also disabling the EDDN plugin does NOT stop the issue from happen, which is strange.

Yes I loaded up EDDI before I loaded up Elite, BUT NOT before I loaded up the LAUNCHER for elite.

I may have found the issue, though I need to run a few more tests to be sure. In the meantime, if you are using VoiceAttack then please open EDDI's UI prior to launching the game and keep it open in the background while you play. If I'm on the right track, this may work as a temporary solution to the issue.

Last edited:
I may have found the issue, though I need to run a few more tests to be sure. In the meantime, if you are using VoiceAttack then please open EDDI's UI prior to launching the game and keep it open in the background while you play. If I'm on the right track, this may work as a temporary solution to the issue.
From testing today, it looks like my proposed workaround didn't work even though I was on the right track. EDDI is trying to invoke something that has a value in the standalone app but not in the VoiceAttack plugin configuration... I've submitted an update to fix it.

At present, EDDI's position data won't be set correctly whenever you are running VoiceAttack and enter a system where your squadron minor faction has influence. Best advice until the next update is to avoid passing through your squadron faction's sphere of influence while EDDI is running as a VoiceAttack plugin (use EDDI standalone or avoid passing through your squadron faction's sphere of influence).

I've been following this thread and trying to get EDDI 3.3.2 up to it's potential. I use the E:D Market connector so I turned off the EDDN responder in EDDI. to get rid of the very annoying "...Invalid State ..." announcements.

My issue right now is getting EDDI to give me body reports with volcanism, goodmaterials, and greatmaterials. Does turning off the EDDN responder also turn off the body report?

Thanks much for any help. I really appreciate the work going into this!

I've been following this thread and trying to get EDDI 3.3.2 up to it's potential. I use the E:D Market connector so I turned off the EDDN responder in EDDI. to get rid of the very annoying "...Invalid State ..." announcements.

My issue right now is getting EDDI to give me body reports with volcanism, goodmaterials, and greatmaterials. Does turning off the EDDN responder also turn off the body report?

Thanks much for any help. I really appreciate the work going into this!
No, body reports should work fine with the EDDN responder disabled.

I have a problem with EDDI since around the time the latest version of ED was released.

I only have 4 tabs showing for EDDI: EDDI, Commander details, Frontier API, Text to speech

All the extra panels I used to have with either ship descriptions or various voice responses are all missing.

I don't think I am getting any EDDI responses in game via Voice Attack anymore.

I don't know if everyone is having this issue since the Frontier API changed or whether something has gone wrong on my computer.

I have tried uninstalling EDDI and reinstalling without success, as well as trying to revert back to older versions.

Last edited:
I have a problem with EDDI since around the time the latest version of ED was released.

I only have 4 tabs showing for EDDI: EDDI, Commander details, Frontier API, Text to speech

All the extra panels I used to have with either ship descriptions or various voice responses are all missing.

I don't think I am getting any EDDI responses in game via Voice Attack anymore.

I don't know if everyone is having this issue since the Frontier API changed or whether something has gone wrong on my computer.

I have tried uninstalling EDDI and reinstalling without success, as well as trying to revert back to older versions.
It's probably not anything to do with the Frontier API.
Which version of EDDI are you reinstalling? The latest version is located at https://github.com/EDCD/EDDI/releases/download/Release/3.3.2/EDDI-3.3.2.exe.
If you're already running the latest version, try the steps here to determine if there's something off in one of your config files: https://github.com/EDCD/EDDI/blob/master/TROUBLESHOOTING.md#eddi-doesnt-start-or-crashes-on-startup

Last edited:
It's probably not anything to do with the Frontier API.
Which version of EDDI are you reinstalling? The latest version is located at https://github.com/EDCD/EDDI/releases/download/Release/3.3.2/EDDI-3.3.2.exe.
If you're already running the latest version, try the steps here to determine if there's something off in one of your config files: https://github.com/EDCD/EDDI/blob/master/TROUBLESHOOTING.md#eddi-doesnt-start-or-crashes-on-startup

Thankyou that did the trick I have all the folders back again now o7

Any thoughts on why EDDI is not giving body reports? In older version, EDDI would give a body report (elements, volcanism, etc.) when I completed a detailed surface scan. now that scanner is defunct. How do I get EDDI to report this to me given the new suite of scanners? When I ask for a body report, it says "I dont know what body you are talking about." even though the body is selected and just finished a scan. sometimes it repeats information from an earlier scan.

Any thoughts on why EDDI is not giving body reports? In older version, EDDI would give a body report (elements, volcanism, etc.) when I completed a detailed surface scan. now that scanner is defunct. How do I get EDDI to report this to me given the new suite of scanners? When I ask for a body report, it says "I dont know what body you are talking about." even though the body is selected and just finished a scan. sometimes it repeats information from an earlier scan.
Can you check to make sure that you're using the latest versions of the scripts? If you are using a custom personality, find the `Body scanned` and `Body report scripts`. Click the `edit` button for each and then `compare to default`. If your script differs from the default, click `restore default`.

I also have had to disable the EDDN responder. I went so far as uninstalling, deleting my profile, configuration, user data, etc. Unfortunately, even with a vanilla configuration of EDDI, I keep getting the invalid state error. I always, without fail have a voice attack running before I launch the client. Other than that issue, I love and rely on EDDI. The game is not complete without it. Let me know if there's anyway I can help by supplying logs, etc.

I also have had to disable the EDDN responder. I went so far as uninstalling, deleting my profile, configuration, user data, etc. Unfortunately, even with a vanilla configuration of EDDI, I keep getting the invalid state error. I always, without fail have a voice attack running before I launch the client. Other than that issue, I love and rely on EDDI. The game is not complete without it. Let me know if there's anyway I can help by supplying logs, etc.

I had to do the same.

Can you check to make sure that you're using the latest versions of the scripts? If you are using a custom personality, find the `Body scanned` and `Body report scripts`. Click the `edit` button for each and then `compare to default`. If your script differs from the default, click `restore default`.

Thanks for the suggestion. I clicked reset to default for all six "body" scripts. had no effect. It does give a report from time to time but not always. I just scanned a planet a few minutes ago that was landable and has volcanism that EDDI did not report to me. It did tell me what the scan would be worth. Is it intended to be random or is the report supposed to be more consistent?

Back
Top Bottom