Release EDDI 3.3 - Bring your cockpit to life

Sorry if it already has been asked before, but is there a known bug with the shipyard?
It has populated most data of my ships by now, but after purchasing a Cobra MK III it didn't appear in the list at all.
Tried switching through some ships, but to no avail.

Sorry if it already has been asked before, but is there a known bug with the shipyard?
It has populated most data of my ships by now, but after purchasing a Cobra MK III it didn't appear in the list at all.
Tried switching through some ships, but to no avail.

That's not a known issue. If you can locate the ship purchase entry in your journal file we'll check it out. Meanwhile, logging out and in again usually fixes things as the game resends the full shipyard data on each login. Failing that, quit EDDI, remove %APPDATA%\EDDI\shipyard.json, relaunch EDDI and log in again.

That's not a known issue. If you can locate the ship purchase entry in your journal file we'll check it out. Meanwhile, logging out and in again usually fixes things as the game resends the full shipyard data on each login. Failing that, quit EDDI, remove %APPDATA%\EDDI\shipyard.json, relaunch EDDI and log in again.

Thanks mate, will check it out in the evening. Relogging didn't do the trick, there already has been a day inbetween. Will take a look at the journal, too.

Also sorry if that has been asked before... How can I edit the speech responses? The Edit button is greyed out and so far I didn't find the file containing the scripts. Did I miss something here?

Also sorry if that has been asked before... How can I edit the speech responses? The Edit button is greyed out and so far I didn't find the file containing the scripts. Did I miss something here?

From within the speechresponder tab fitst copy the EDDI default personality to a new one you name yourself. Then you can edit the scripts in that personality.

Quick question...

I'm out exploring, and enjoying the readouts from EDDI of the scan results... Is that information logged anywhere from where I could save it / print it out?

Thanks

Quick question...

I'm out exploring, and enjoying the readouts from EDDI of the scan results... Is that information logged anywhere from where I could save it / print it out?

Thanks

On the 'Speech responder' tab, you can check the button 'Write copies of speech to the file %APPDATA%\EDDI\speechresponder.out'. EDDI will then transcribe speech to that file. The file can be read with any standard text editor.

On the 'Speech responder' tab, you can check the button 'Write copies of speech to the file %APPDATA%\EDDI\speechresponder.out'. EDDI will then transcribe speech to that file. The file can be read with any standard text editor.

That said, EDDI is itself generating that speech from the data that the game logs to your journal files. These are in "%USERPROFILE%\Saved Games\Frontier Developments\Elite Dangerous" and are the primary sources that you will want to backup. They can also be supplied to other apps and sites such as EDSM, EDDiscovery, EDMC, Inara, etc.

I'm sorry to hear that. The following has worked for other commanders:

1. With EDDI and VA not running, backup or zip the folder %APPDATA%\EDDI.
2. Remove that folder.
3. Reinstall EDDI 2.4.4.
4. Relaunch VA.

Hopefully that will fix things. Once EDDI is working again, you can restore items from your backup one at a time (make sure VA and EDDI aren't running while you do this). That way you will probably find the offending item.

Hope this helps.

Thanks! Worked for me too

New update 2.4.5: purely stability fixes. 2.4.6-b1 will follow soon.

• Core
    • Added defensive coding so that EDDI will not crash on startup if it has trouble reading the configuration files.
  • Material Monitor
    • Added definitions for some previously unknown materials found at crash sites.
    • Added defensive coding so that EDDI will not crash when unknown materials are encountered in future.

New beta release 2.4.6-b1. Loads of new stuff here and we'd really appreciate all the help we can get re testing.

• The Galnet monitor will now check the player journal for recent activity prior to updating - VoiceAttack users rejoice!
  • VoiceAttack
  • Speech Responder
    • 'Body scanned' and 'Star scanned' events - added new calculated variable "estimatedvalue".
    • 'Star scanned' event - added new calculated variables "estimatedhabzoneinner" and "estimatedhabzoneouter" to provide calculated values for the habitable zone of a scanned star. Note: calculations are most accurate for star systems containing a single star (multiple close proximity stars will make these calculations less reliable).
    • 'Bounty incurred' event - added new variable 'crime' with a more humanized description of the crime committed.
    • 'Fine incurred' event - added new variable 'crime' with a more humanized description of the crime committed.
    • Added new 'Jet cone boost' event
    • Added new 'Module arrived' event
    • Added new 'Ship arrived' event
    • Revised speech responder UI to clarify that the default personality is read-only and a new personality must be generated via the 'Copy personality' prior to editing.
    • Revised speech responder UI to clarify for users of custom personalities when a script can be disabled and/or deleted.
    • The 'Enabled' checkbox in the Speech responder UI shall now be enabled only for scripts which are triggered by events, not for scripts which are only triggered by other scripts.
    • Script changes
      • Added new script 'Galnet mark read' to allow users to bulk mark news articles as read.
      • Revised script 'Galnet news' to mark the article as read after reading.
      • Revised script 'Galnet news published' to mark all articles summarized by this script as read.
      • 'Body scanned' - revised to report estimated scan value
      • 'Star scanned' - revised to report estimated scan value and calculated habitable zone
      • Updated 'Bounty incurred' to describe your crimes with the new 'crime' variable.
      • Updated 'Fine incurred' to describe your crimes with the new 'crime' variable.
      • Added new script 'Fuel check'.
      • Updated 'Jumped' event and 'Ship refueled' event. With the new 'Fuel check' script, 'Ship refueled' will no longer repeat for every 5T refueled.
      • Added new script 'Jet cone boost'
      • Added new script 'Module arrived'
      • Added new script 'Ship arrived'
    • Added the following Cottle functions, documented in the SpeechResponder documentation:
      • `List()`: returns a humanised list of items from an array (e.g. "this, that, and the other thing").

Found a minor documentation issue: The documentation for 'Bounty incurred' and 'Fine incurred' events describe the new variable as 'crimedescription' rather than 'crime'. 'Crime' is correct and the documentation will be corrected in the next release.
The revised scripts use the new variable correctly.

'Body scanned' and 'Star scanned' events - added new calculated variable "estimatedvalue".

what is the VA variable estimatedvalue in VA? I'm looking to update my scripting to have estimated value of total scans but in the documentation don't appear to have been updated yet

Top Bottom