Release EDDiscovery 17.X is now out! New Spansh intergrations - 3dMap from spansh data, Station panel

is there a way to get mission progress ON screen like the compass as a compressed, non-clickable transparent widget?
or is the kill count for massacre missions not reported in the logs anyway?

or having the summary of all bounty and combat bonds on screen - since the C&P revamp, using the KWS creates so many entries that after 10 minuets in a rez i got 25 seperate claims there... no knowing how much in total

Last edited:
Yep, I wrote that wiki page with the original icons. I forgot to update it when i changed them to something better. The wiki page has been updated.

Thanks

is there a way to get mission progress ON screen like the compass as a compressed, non-clickable transparent widget?
or is the kill count for massacre missions not reported in the logs anyway?

or having the summary of all bounty and combat bonds on screen - since the C&P revamp, using the KWS creates so many entries that after 10 minuets in a rez i got 25 seperate claims there... no knowing how much in total

Mission list unfortunately uses a grid, which can't be made transparent. I've created a ticket to do something like https://github.com/EDDiscovery/EDDiscovery/issues/2130.

The Combat panel does support overlaying, and it can tell you the number of victims of a particular faction you have dispatched to another world.

How to set a start marker

Hello,

EDDiscovery is a tool i start up every time i play Elite. Actually it is version 10.2.0.0
it is doing all the stuff i want it to do. Transmitting my data to EDSM - i can watch all my toours through the Galaxy and EDSM told me about finding a record of 4 Ammonia worlds in one system [big grin] , which i wouldn't have recognized without EDD - a great tool!
But now i need to know something.
I started Sunday evening a new tour to the boarder(s) of the Galaxy and i want EDD to list my path (evtually also the plot) from the beginning instead of 'last week' 'last year' and so on.
How do i set the 'Start Marker and how do i manage that it shows me just that tour. Later on i would like to have my complete log back, but right now i just wanna see this tour. Btw. I don't know where it ends.

Edit: 'Last docking' is the solution <ooops>

Then that question is left
Secondly - EDSM tells me not the distances i traveled. 'Travel Distance = 0'
Thats it.
TIA

Last edited:
How do i set the 'Start Marker and how do i manage that it shows me just that tour. Later on i would like to have my complete log back, but right now i just wanna see this tour. Btw. I don't know where it ends.

Right-click an entry, set start/stop

Secondly - EDSM tells me not the distances i traveled. 'Travel Distance = 0'

Does EDSM have recent data? If not, check your EDSM settings in your commander settings in EDDiscovery.
Where is the "Travel Distance" you're looking at?
In Dashboard there is "Total hyperspace distance".

I'll bet there is an easy way to see what is the accumalated approximate value of your scans for a current trip so far. I can't see it so maybe someone could tell me if it exists, please?

I'll bet there is an easy way to see what is the accumalated approximate value of your scans for a current trip so far. I can't see it so maybe someone could tell me if it exists, please?

Well, I can't see one either. Should be relatively easy to add, I think, since the value of scans is in the log, and there's a screen to show all scans since last dock. Just needs an extra column, and a calculation, in that screen. Here's hoping... [smile]

Hello,

Right-click an entry, set start/stop
Does EDSM have recent data? If not, check your EDSM settings in your commander settings in EDDiscovery.
Where is the "Travel Distance" you're looking at?
In Dashboard there is "Total hyperspace distance".

Sorry to all.
The same old thing - i see a problem, try to fix it, nothing works, i call for help and when i did that - the solution jumps right in my face :D & :eek:

EDSM has what you are looking for if you have an account with them and send data to them. It is on the main page once you have logged in down the page a bit after where it asks for distances to far away systems!

Statistics panel, Travel tab. If you've got a Start Marker in your history and no matching End Marker yet then that period will show up in a "Trip" column, you can always see totals since Last Docked and if neither of those does it for you then you can set custom date ranges as well.

Statistics panel, Travel tab. If you've got a Start Marker in your history and no matching End Marker yet then that period will show up in a "Trip" column, you can always see totals since Last Docked and if neither of those does it for you then you can set custom date ranges as well.

Aha - yes, statistics panel, travel tab - shows 6 columns and yes there it is scan value - brilliant. The stuff this App can do never ceases to amaze me.

Thanks [up]

Last edited:
EDSM has what you are looking for if you have an account with them and send data to them. It is on the main page once you have logged in down the page a bit after where it asks for distances to far away systems!

I never noticed that, there it is on the dashboard - "Estimated scan value since last docking" - thanks for that. [up]

Brilliant, and thank you!

Apparently I have scans worth up to cr39m since last dock. Might double that by the time I reach Colonia.

That's just the estimated scan value - it doesn't include the honk value for anything you didn't scan or any first discovery bonuses you will ultimately get so it should be an underestimate of the trip unless you are mostly scanning tagged CFTs. The value isn't so well defined once it's terraformable and we're likely to overestimate at least some of them - basically you get planet value plus a terraforming bonus multiplied by some number between 0 and 1, what drives that multiplier is unknown. We assume 1 which you mostly get but it can be lower.

That's just the estimated scan value - it doesn't include the honk value for anything you didn't scan or any first discovery bonuses you will ultimately get so it should be an underestimate of the trip

Understood. But I like the fact that it's an underestimate; I'm emotionally equipped to deal with pleasant surprises better than unpleasant ones [yesnod]

Top Bottom