Release EDDiscovery 17.X is now out! New Spansh intergrations - 3dMap from spansh data, Station panel

Thats wrong

We implemented CAPI, as per EDMC, over a year ago.

But when the journals caught up with the data we could get over the server its use was limited.. the journals have all the info now.

The next version will have this CAPI system disabled for now. Frontier are still getting their new system for oAuth worked out. We may turn this server interaction on later, i'm not sure, since its does not add much.

Hopefully this is a simple question and maybe I missed the answer somewhere, but is it possible to modify what is on the History tab? I've moved some of the data from the History tab to other screens/windows but I don't see any way to remove said data from the History tab. Would I be better off making my own tab with just the data I want and skip making any modifications to the History tab?

Thanks

Hopefully this is a simple question and maybe I missed the answer somewhere, but is it possible to modify what is on the History tab? I've moved some of the data from the History tab to other screens/windows but I don't see any way to remove said data from the History tab. Would I be better off making my own tab with just the data I want and skip making any modifications to the History tab?

Thanks

To remove panels from the history tab, you should be able to right-click on the dividers and merge the panels. You should be able to get it down to just the history grid and the system information.

I've released 10.3 of EDD, which is a pre-release version for the 3.3 ED Betas.

This is not the finished article, we need more data from frontier - it will be missing ships and any new commodities/materials.

It does handle the new events however.

Hello.

I just tried to launch EDDiscovery after a few months of absence, and getting a "Fatal Error" shortly after launching the program. I tried updating to 10.3 and that didn't work. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling EDDiscovery and that didn't work either. Any ideas? Details below...

An unhandled fatal exception has occurred.

==== BEGIN ====
code = Corrupt (11), message = System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteException (0x800007EF): database disk image is malformed
database disk image is malformed
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLite3.Reset(SQLiteStatement stmt)
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLite3.Step(SQLiteStatement stmt)
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader.NextResult()
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader..ctor(SQLiteCommand cmd, CommandBehavior behave)
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteNonQuery(CommandBehavior behavior)
at EliteDangerousCore.DB.SQLiteCommandED`1.ExecuteNonQuery() in C:\Code\EDDiscovery\EliteDangerous\DB\SQLiteCommandED.cs:line 559
at EliteDangerousCore.DB.SQLiteConnectionSystem.CreateSystemsTableIndexesNoLock() in C:\Code\EDDiscovery\EliteDangerous\DB\SQLiteConnectionSystem.cs:line 341
at EliteDangerousCore.DB.SQLiteConnectionSystem.CreateSystemsTableIndexes() in C:\Code\EDDiscovery\EliteDangerous\DB\SQLiteConnectionSystem.cs:line 318
at EDDiscovery.EDDiscoveryController.BackgroundInit() in C:\Code\EDDiscovery\EDDiscovery\EDDiscoveryController.cs:line 552
at EDDiscovery.EDDiscoveryController.BackgroundWorkerThread() in C:\Code\EDDiscovery\EDDiscovery\EDDiscoveryController.cs:line 495
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()
===== END =====

SQLite problems - hold down shift during launch, and select Delete/Rebuild system DB. See if that works.

Also, quicker help is available via our discord channel (see my sig).

Hi
I have a query regarding data storage. I have a quite expensive NVMe SSD as my boot drive i.e C:\ (this drive is shared with a dual boot linux distro) my C: partition is 64GB this should be plenty for an OS, even windows 10 in 2018. I have a "Games Partition" of 180 GB on the NVMe mounted as D: where Elite Dangerous is installed and a few other bits and pieces (180GB doesn't go far these days). I also have a mechanical drive which store bulk data (and a SATA SSD solely for steam).

Anyway, I've been struggling lately with my c:\ drive filling up and recently discovered why...

Of my 64GB C:\ partition, EDDiscovery is soaking up a whopping 16GB!! that's 25% of my C:/ drive. Over 80% of my AppData folder...
When i installed EDDiscovery I chose to install it to my E:\ drive for the above reason, and that folder is currently sitting at a lowly 27.3MB
I really don't appreciate C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\EDDiscovery to be 16GB!

Is there any easy way I can take back control please? Is there any way I can dictate where the databases get stored? This is bordering on a DOS attack on my hardware!
the only option I can see is to setup a dedicated partition on a mechanical drive and mount that as C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\EDDiscovery\
but I don't see why I should have to do that!
Regards

Hi
I have a query regarding data storage. I have a quite expensive NVMe SSD as my boot drive i.e C:\ (this drive is shared with a dual boot linux distro) my C: partition is 64GB this should be plenty for an OS, even windows 10 in 2018. I have a "Games Partition" of 180 GB on the NVMe mounted as D: where Elite Dangerous is installed and a few other bits and pieces (180GB doesn't go far these days). I also have a mechanical drive which store bulk data (and a SATA SSD solely for steam).

Anyway, I've been struggling lately with my c:\ drive filling up and recently discovered why...

Of my 64GB C:\ partition, EDDiscovery is soaking up a whopping 16GB!! that's 25% of my C:/ drive. Over 80% of my AppData folder...
When i installed EDDiscovery I chose to install it to my E:\ drive for the above reason, and that folder is currently sitting at a lowly 27.3MB
I really don't appreciate C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\EDDiscovery to be 16GB!

Is there any easy way I can take back control please? Is there any way I can dictate where the databases get stored? This is bordering on a DOS attack on my hardware!
the only option I can see is to setup a dedicated partition on a mechanical drive and mount that as C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\EDDiscovery\
but I don't see why I should have to do that!
Regards

The installed version of EDDiscovery by default stores its data in %LOCALAPPDATA%\EDDiscovery. This can be changed by adding the following option to an Options.txt in the EDDiscovery install directory:
AppFolder E:\Path\To\Data

Alternatively, you can try using the portable version of EDDiscovery, which stores its data in the Data directory in its install directory.

The installed version of EDDiscovery by default stores its data in %LOCALAPPDATA%\EDDiscovery. This can be changed by adding the following option to an Options.txt in the EDDiscovery install directory:
AppFolder E:\Path\To\Data

Alternatively, you can try using the portable version of EDDiscovery, which stores its data in the Data directory in its install directory.

this is a nice information,
but why is such an option not present in the tool itself where it can be found?

16gigs on my main system SD is a huge chunk that i would like to know about, not stumble upon.
especially with microsofts stupid inflexible update policy...

The SW has always been Apache licensed.. it was shown in the about box, now its also shown in the installer.

We need to make the license conditions more visible in future.

It also includes some EDDiscovery specific stuff at the bottom which you should be aware of, including downloading of data from EDSM and sending data to other services (these are all optional).

EDD now asks you to select how much EDSM download of data you want on an initial run (with no database present) to give you a choice about how much data you want on your disk.

Settings Panel Allows you to configure your storage of EDSM star data.

This describes Safe Mode which allows you to do things like Move databases

Last edited:
Hi, my C: drive is full, I have installed it to a different drive, but C: is still filling with data

Is there any way to stop C: being used for EDDiscovery data storage?

thanks

Top Bottom