Release EDDiscovery 17.X is now out! New Spansh intergrations - 3dMap from spansh data, Station panel

I came across an issue where the projected values shown in EDD for a mapped body are calculated incorrectly. Specifically EDD was reporting the "first mapped" value on a body that was previously mapped. I only noticed it when I had gone out to visit Pratchett's Disc in HIP 74290 - I mapped the whole system and EDD showed a value of 6.5MCr but carto only paid 1.6MCr for the system. I checked with FD support and they confirmed the carto reward was correct. Anyway, tonight I remembered to gather evidence of this for consideration by the authors. So here is a picture showing the relevant part of EDD scan panel pasted over the left side of the image of the cartographic sell page - you can clearly see that the values for body 4 are vastly different. So, I am not sure how prevalent this is or if it is just some weird glitch that mapping some previously mapped bodies erroneously indicates the "first mapped" value.

wrong value B.jpg

There's no indicator that the body in question was previously mapped, So it would get the first mapped bonus.
The screen you took from UC doesn't show what you really get, bonus credits (such as first discoverer and first mapper) are only shown after selling in their bonus pop up (which itself is buggy and can carry over previously awarded bonuses to other sales -.- ).

HIP 74290 is in the bubble, there are bodies in the bubble that have a first mapper tag, but no first discoverer tag. Those are impossible to calculate.

We mentioned that in the patch notes:
  • Estimated values of bodies reworked over and over and over again to make it right! This is as best as we can do, with the information Elite supplies. Still not exactly right for bodies in the bubble.
So it might be that your initial incidence was caused by a combination of that and you only looking at the "non-bonus" screen of UC.
If you provide your journals I could check if something is obviously wrong.

€: The only way to get really correct UC values is to sell a system on its own as this produces a journal entry containing the needed values. Selling a whole page only gives the values for the whole page.

Last edited:
OK - I'll try to investigate in the hope of figuring this out for my own OCD if for nothing else. I can't remember when I sold the HIP 74290 data but it would have been before my C drive SSD gave up the ghost last week so any journals from then were lost as I didn't have a recent backup (thankfully EDD database is on a different drive). In the meantime though, here is a screenshot of the scan window of HIP 74290 - you can see the system projected value is over 6.5MCr - I have left the mouse-over for one body which shows the mapped value as rather high for an already-mapped body. You can compare the overall system value (and the highlighted body) with the figures given on the system's EDSM page. I don't know if that is of any use for now, I will try to find time to get better data.

wrong value C.jpg

P.S. I don't know why the EDD image I posted of Musca Dark Region GM-V c2-20 (post #1243) didn't show the body as already mapped, I know it had been so I just checked on the system map in-game and it shows as already mapped (by AGRAFFE - which isn't me) here is an image from the game showing that:

wrong value D.jpg

Last edited:
P.S. I don't know why the EDD image I posted of Musca Dark Region GM-V c2-20 (post #1243) didn't show the body as already mapped, I know it had been so I just checked on the system map in-game and it shows as already mapped (by AGRAFFE - which isn't me) here is an image from the game showing that:
It's always possible that another commander just sold that mapping between the time you mapped and sold.
If your DB isn't that big (or you have lots of free online space) you could upload your DB so I can check these things ;)

It's always possible that another commander just sold that mapping between the time you mapped and sold.
If your DB isn't that big (or you have lots of free online space) you could upload your DB so I can check these things ;)

Yeah, no it was literally two jumps and I am positive that I picked that body to scan because the system map showed it already had a scanned by tag. PM sent btw.

So I just remembered a bug that we discovered on the Canonn Discord a few months back.
The first scan of a body reports all flags the correct way, but if you map a body a second scan event is generated that wrongly says that the body wasn't mapped.
This leads to the following behaviour: If you first FSS the system all values are displayed correctly, but as soon as you map a body the flags are updated due to the new scan event in the journal files which triggers a new calculation that has way too high values.
Might it be that you tend to map already mapped bodies?

JSON:
{ "timestamp":"2021-07-02T22:13:51Z", "event":"Scan", "ScanType":"AutoScan", "BodyName":"Synuefe QX-C c15-6 1", "BodyID":2, "Parents":[ {"Null":1}, {"Star":0} ], "StarSystem":"Synuefe QX-C c15-6", "SystemAddress":1733455352450, "DistanceFromArrivalLS":370.225845, "TidalLock":true, "TerraformState":"Terraformable", "PlanetClass":"Water world", "Atmosphere":"carbon dioxide rich atmosphere", "AtmosphereType":"CarbonDioxideRich", "AtmosphereComposition":[ { "Name":"Oxygen", "Percent":94.454102 }, { "Name":"CarbonDioxide", "Percent":5.448382 }, { "Name":"SulphurDioxide", "Percent":0.097520 } ], "Volcanism":"", "MassEM":0.135877, "Radius":3282948.250000, "SurfaceGravity":5.024894, "SurfaceTemperature":252.533798, "SurfacePressure":10776.457031, "Landable":false, "Composition":{ "Ice":0.000000, "Rock":0.671145, "Metal":0.328855 }, "SemiMajorAxis":96424145.698547, "Eccentricity":0.096051, "OrbitalInclination":-8.099336, "Periapsis":346.348552, "OrbitalPeriod":1911817.431450, "RotationPeriod":2821789.176132, "AxialTilt":0.432928, "WasDiscovered":true, "WasMapped":true }

JSON:
{ "timestamp":"2021-07-02T22:15:23Z", "event":"Scan", "ScanType":"Detailed", "BodyName":"Synuefe QX-C c15-6 1", "BodyID":2, "Parents":[ {"Null":1}, {"Star":0} ], "StarSystem":"Synuefe QX-C c15-6", "SystemAddress":1733455352450, "DistanceFromArrivalLS":370.225770, "TidalLock":true, "TerraformState":"Terraformable", "PlanetClass":"Water world", "Atmosphere":"carbon dioxide rich atmosphere", "AtmosphereType":"CarbonDioxideRich", "AtmosphereComposition":[ { "Name":"Oxygen", "Percent":94.454102 }, { "Name":"CarbonDioxide", "Percent":5.448382 }, { "Name":"SulphurDioxide", "Percent":0.097520 } ], "Volcanism":"", "MassEM":0.135877, "Radius":3282948.250000, "SurfaceGravity":5.024894, "SurfaceTemperature":252.533798, "SurfacePressure":10776.457031, "Landable":false, "Composition":{ "Ice":0.000000, "Rock":0.671145, "Metal":0.328855 }, "SemiMajorAxis":96424145.698547, "Eccentricity":0.096051, "OrbitalInclination":-8.099336, "Periapsis":346.348552, "OrbitalPeriod":1911817.431450, "RotationPeriod":2821789.176132, "AxialTilt":0.432928, "WasDiscovered":true, "WasMapped":false }

There's nothing EDD can do about this, bodies are always updated with the newest scan events as they might contain newly added infos.

There's nothing EDD can do about this, bodies are always updated with the newest scan events as they might contain newly added infos.

OK ... So if for example someone does the road-to-riches "thing" (my examples were not from that) then all forecasted values in their EDD scan panel and scan tab of their statistics panel will bear no relation to actual rewards? i.e. if they FSS then Map then you say EDD takes that mapping as a "first mapped" event?

Sorry if I am a bit confused.

If this specific bug strikes...
Yes then all values after mapping are wrong.

Note that I didn't test how common this bug is, back when someone mentioned in Canonn's exploration channel that one body appeared to be wrong in EDD I went out took a look myself. Until now no one has investigated further, so it might be that this bug is rare, but it also might be a "all the time" bug.

You can always make an issue on the tracker about this, but I think we all know how likely it is that such an obscure thing even gets enough votes.

If this specific bug strikes...
Yes then all values after mapping are wrong.

Note that I didn't test how common this bug is, back when someone mentioned in Canonn's exploration channel that one body appeared to be wrong in EDD I went out took a look myself. Until now no one has investigated further, so it might be that this bug is rare, but it also might be a "all the time" bug.

You can always make an issue on the tracker about this, but I think we all know how likely it is that such an obscure thing even gets enough votes.

Okey dokey - so it is not a consistent behaviour, just an irritating bug. So best leave it at that, I'll keep an eye out for it striking again. (y)

Okey dokey - so it is not a consistent behaviour, just an irritating bug. So best leave it at that, I'll keep an eye out for it striking again. (y)
I didn't say that it's not consistent, I said no one knows ;)
But if you keep an eye on it you soon might know how consistent it is. Just remember to keep an eye on bodies you want to map prior to mapping in EDD to see if the "was mapped" flag is set and after mapping to see if this flag has changed.

Greetings, many thanks for this nice tool, I'm using the EDDLite version 2.0.0.0 actually and I cannot see any info on what was added in the version 2.1 & 2.2

Would it be possible to add a real "what's new" for each version please?
Take care o7

15.0.3 fixes:

• A crash occurring on some video cards due to use of a debug buffer binding above 16. Occurred on a nvidia 2070.
  • Fix issue that error dialog is not produced but program asserts if user gives a non accessible/writeable/creatable data location during install
  • Suit upgrades now work correctly and change the suit identifier and name to the next level up
  • Suit weapons panel now works more smoothly during updates

Holding 15.0.3, we have a report of a crash when a community goal is reported to Inara. We suspect some journal data is crashing it

Not quite sure what is going on but after the last 2 updates EDD will not download EDSM data. It says it's "Performing full download of System Data from EDSM" but I let it run for 27hrs and it never completed. Any suggestions on where I should look? Thanx.

-Rick

Its working here, it downloaded the EDSM DB to edsmsystems.json.gz and is now storing it into the EDDSystem.sqlite saying "EDSM Star database updated.."

Top Bottom