EDDiscovery 17.X is now out! New Spansh intergrations - 3dMap from spansh data, Station panel

Thanks iain666

Ok, I understand that. (y)
Any chance this stats come back not showing as default, but the user can set them "on" or "off"?

And, I'm finishing a long journey around the galaxy (1 year) in about 10 days. I was updating all stats and I lost them just now at the finish (this update could have been delayed only 2 weeks :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:). Can I install the earlier version over this one and get this stats until I finish my journey?

As Eahlstan says downgrading shouldn't be a problem.

You could also export a filtered journal view to your spreadsheet editor of choice and grab the details from there - the journals still exist so EDD can still get you that info, it's just a bit more manual.

I honestly can't see these being added back in as an option - the fiddlyness of coding optional stats into this panel is one thing, and the option to only load stats-essential journals older than x days would make that a 'you need to restart for the change to take effect' setting and that's not a place I'd want to go to.

If you make a backup of 'EDDUser.sqlite' (and 'EDDSystem.sqlite' if you downloaded EDSM's systems) you can uninstall the current version, install a previous version and move those backups back to their original place without losing anything.
As Eahlstan says downgrading shouldn't be a problem.

You could also export a filtered journal view to your spreadsheet editor of choice and grab the details from there - the journals still exist so EDD can still get you that info, it's just a bit more manual.

I honestly can't see these being added back in as an option - the fiddlyness of coding optional stats into this panel is one thing, and the option to only load stats-essential journals older than x days would make that a 'you need to restart for the change to take effect' setting and that's not a place I'd want to go to.

Thank you very much Eahlstan and iain666

I could extract a small amount of fuel data to a spreadsheet as a test and I think will do it for my journey, so I stay with EDDiscovery current version. But if for some reason I need it, I will perform the downgrade as Eahlstan said. (y) (y)

Thank you again..

We have been trying to understand how some users see slow downs, the stats panel was a culprit. Iain sorted it out. So some compromises had to be made.

Odd. I removed the previous version via add/remove programs, but the installer still complains that there's an older version there.

EDIT: It appears that it's just the empty folder still there in Program Files. It won't let me delete it, as "in use"... so probably just need to reboot.

EDIT 2: Yep, rebooted, deleted subfolder, installer worked.

Last edited:
Odd. I removed the previous version via add/remove programs, but the installer still complains that there's an older version there.

EDIT: It appears that it's just the empty folder still there in Program Files. It won't let me delete it, as "in use"... so probably just need to reboot.
wasnt able to delete "eurocaps.ttf" in my case ;)

не удалось установить новую версию. удалил все старое и вручную все очистил. Все равно не дает установить. Комп перезагрузился.

получилось. нашел невидимую папку в программных файлах

Last edited:
EDD seems to have borked the database for my primary commander. Secondary commander seemed OK. And now it crashes with some unhandled exceptions too. FYI.

Attachments

• edd-error-20200609.jpg
    edd-error-20200609.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 219
  • edd-error-20200609-2.jpg
    edd-error-20200609-2.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 211
Does EDD take in account jumps made with a FC? I just noticed that it didn't detect the system change when I jump inside the FC.

Has EDDiscovery been incredibly slow to process journal entries for anyone else? I had it running while doing some mining and after I shut down Elite noticed that EDD was still slogging through journal entries from several minutes ago. From the time that I noticed (which was already a couple of minutes after I closed Elite) until the time my shutdown event appeared in EDD was about four minutes.

edit: It was also using 3.8GB of RAM at the time, which seems a little... much.

Has EDDiscovery been incredibly slow to process journal entries for anyone else? I had it running while doing some mining and after I shut down Elite noticed that EDD was still slogging through journal entries from several minutes ago. From the time that I noticed (which was already a couple of minutes after I closed Elite) until the time my shutdown event appeared in EDD was about four minutes.

edit: It was also using 3.8GB of RAM at the time, which seems a little... much.

We've made some performance improvements in the last few releases so make sure you're on latest (11.5.2 as of now).

How much history do you have loaded (there's an option on the settings tab to limit how much is held in memory)?

If none of that helps could you try closing all tabs and panels except the default history grid and if that makes it better then re-add things one at a time until you find the culprit?

We've made some performance improvements in the last few releases so make sure you're on latest (11.5.2 as of now).

How much history do you have loaded (there's an option on the settings tab to limit how much is held in memory)?

If none of that helps could you try closing all tabs and panels except the default history grid and if that makes it better then re-add things one at a time until you find the culprit?
Can confirm 11.5.2. Option in settings is "disable-load all", but I've never had the issue before. Normally it hovers just under 1GB of RAM usage. (Also should those options in the dropdown be "<", not ">"?)

I just ran it again, but with two changes. I closed the "ledger" tab, and changed the history tab time window from one quarter to one week, and didn't seem to run into the problem, but I also wasn't playing as long. Will let you know if I narrow it down.

Deleted old version, downloaded new and installed. Started up and its hanging at the 'Checking Databases' point on start up. Any idea's as to what may be causing this?

Top Bottom