EDDiscovery 17.X is now out! New Spansh intergrations - 3dMap from spansh data, Station panel

Had a quick look and it appears the string you are sending no longer matches the string EDSM is expecting.

For instance for system HD 201052 the string you are sending is

https ://www.edsm.net/en/system/id/name/HD+201052

But the string EDSM is expecting is;

https ://www.edsm.net/en/system/id/56667741/name/HD+201052 (had to put a space in after HTTPS to stop it resolving

So don't know if it is a change at EDSM or an error with the program.

Edit: Hmm it must be an issue with EDSM, after not working all morning it's suddenly working ok again!

Last edited:
It was unknown when I checked, it may have been processed by EDSM after I checked and added to the list. EDSM does not always update immediately.

It was unknown when I checked, it may have been processed by EDSM after I checked and added to the list. EDSM does not always update immediately.

Before the last update to EDDiscovey I just waited until it did it's reporting bit, which usually ended once it said "all bodies found" and the window at the bottom finished its processing, then pressed the button and it came up. Now if I press the button it gives me the error, however if I immediately go to the main page of EDSM and enter the system name it always comes up with the data for the system, so EDSM is being updated at the same rate, but there seems to be some disconnect between the button and EDSM. Even after I have searched for and found the system manually in EDSM and it comes up with the data showing me as the first visitor for EDSM, I still just get the error page when I try the button.

But as you say if I leave it for a while, I'm not sure of the length of time yet, the button will eventually work. It becomes not as useful feature as it is because I like to check to make sure the systems I am finding for the HIP search have been properly entered into EDSM, now I always have to manually search.

So far I haven't found a system that isn't immediately returned using a manual search when the button fails, it's all rather strange!

I have noticed that since the 11.7.0 release my scan page no longer indicates planets that share an orbit. I did see that there was a related pull request "Use barycentre icon for planetary barycentres" that may have changed something. If something has changed is there anything I have to do to make this work?

I have a barycentre icon (a purple cross) for planets that orbit a stellar barycentre, but there is no icon for planets that orbit a planetary barycentre (or moons that orbit a moon barycentre). This used to be displayed as a white line joining the two (or more) orbit sharing objects.

Just to let you know: I mentioned that issue on the Discord server with some additional bug info and the error in the code has already been found and fixed by Bravada. So in the next release this will be be working as intended again.

I just updated my version to the latest and created my first personal expedition using a txt-file with the system names. It worked well, but the commentary column is only filled for Beagle Point automatically - the other entries don't have commentaries though there're all EDSM POIs. How can I edit the commentary column myself? I can't seem to get in this column even by double clicking. What am I missing?

Right click -> edit bookmark

Be aware that those notes will only be visible after refreshing the tab (load another expedition or close and reopen the tab).
I thought that this had been fixed because of the "Expedition panel knows when a note changes" line in the patch notes, but apparently this was for another unrelated bug :)

Be aware that those notes will only be visible after refreshing the tab (load another expedition or close and reopen the tab).
I thought that this had been fixed because of the "Expedition panel knows when a note changes" line in the patch notes, but apparently this was for another unrelated bug :)

Thanks, that worked :)

And another version, this one fixes a few things, and has a niffy new factions panel which shows a list of factions you've interacted with, and has right click options to show more detailed information

enjoy

I see that and will fix.

Top Bottom