Release EDEngineer - an overlay to track your blueprint progress in realtime

@Galerak

it's a good idea I did not think about ; it's currently possible to "trick" EDEngineer into thinking there are multiple commanders... Proceed as follow:

Open the directory where EDEngineer points (you can change it wherever you want, doesn't really matter since you are not playing on PC). The path is written at the bottom right of the application in blue (click on it to change).

* In that folder, create fake log files (one for each alt you have) named as followed : Journal.***.log where **** is whatever you want. Make sure you have the File name extensions option activated to properly edit files extensions (the files need to have the .log extension).
* In each file, add this log entry :

{ "timestamp":"2018-03-20T01:22:23Z", "event":"LoadGame", "Commander":"YOUR_COMMANDER_NAME", "Horizons":true, "Ship":"n/a", "Ship_Localised":"n/a", "ShipID":11, "ShipName":"n/a", "ShipIdent":"n/a", "FuelLevel":15.885423, "FuelCapacity":32.000000, "GameMode":"Group", "Group":"n/a", "Credits":0, "Loan":0 }

* Now go to the manual changes directory : C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming\EDEngineer
* Rename the manualChanges json file to "manualChanges.YOUR_COMMANDER_NAME.json" : this will make the manual changes you performed apply to the commander (same name as in the log file)
* Eventually delete the aggregation.json file if something's wrong (like you created multiple log files with different commander's name but you don't see the commander's name at the top of EDEngineer window)

As I said, this is a bit hacky but will work until I add a dedicated "Manually Add Commander" button.

Um, Cmdr HG ...

... now that we know that the Engineering Bonus Weekend won't substitute g4 blueprints for g5 blueprints (etc.) but instead requires us to substitute each individual mat within a blueprint for one mat down ...

... would there be any chance of a special Bonus Weekend edition???

[Prays to Braben]

the change between 1.1.2.4 and 1.1.2.5 is just a filter on the material trader suggestions that will exclude thargoids and guardians ingredients (i.e. it will only include materials that can be traded)

your issue is most likely related to the Windows update as many other users (but not everybody) experienced (see https://github.com/msarilar/EDEngineer/issues/404)

How is this remedied please, I cant see an installer for the previous version.

Um, Cmdr HG ...

... now that we know that the Engineering Bonus Weekend won't substitute g4 blueprints for g5 blueprints (etc.) but instead requires us to substitute each individual mat within a blueprint for one mat down ...

... would there be any chance of a special Bonus Weekend edition???

[Prays to Braben]
In the meantime, if you group materials, it’s easy to see which will trade for which. You can tell the grade by the icon.

Regarding the application launch problem, the issue has been acknowledged by Microsoft : https://social.technet.microsoft.co...or-clickonce-app-since-windows-10-update-1803

According to our product team collection information and test, we can now confirm this is an known issue. And We are working on fixing it.

A temporary solution that might work would be to add the deployment website to your trusted sites (in internet options). The binaries are deployed on rawgit : https://raw.githubusercontent.com/msarilar/EDEngineer/master/EDEngineer/releases/EDEngineer.application

In the meantime, I will not update EDEngineer unless there's a massive bug that breaks the app (because updating it would break people's shortcuts).

Regarding the application launch problem, the issue has been acknowledged by Microsoft : https://social.technet.microsoft.co...or-clickonce-app-since-windows-10-update-1803

A temporary solution that might work would be to add the deployment website to your trusted sites (in internet options). The binaries are deployed on rawgit : https://raw.githubusercontent.com/msarilar/EDEngineer/master/EDEngineer/releases/EDEngineer.application

I couldn't get that to work. The only way I can get it working is to do what was suggested earlier and turn off the "Check apps and Files" under the App & browser Controlin Windows Defender. Launch EDEngineer and then turn that back on to Warn​...

How do I get edengineer to update the data or Elite to create a new file for edengineer to read? I've tried relogging and restarting Elite and restarting edengineer. The mat data in edengineer is so old that it has become totally useless to me.

Maybe related to this, I have never gotten a notification.

@bigity Coriolis can now update the shopping list, I've worked together with the guy who maintains the website to allow that
@J.R.Ehman You can change the folder where EDEngineer look for the journal by clicking the blue path at the bottom right of the window ; the app should warn you if it doesn't find any log in the folder you selected

I'm not able to start the local API — first time trying. It throws out this error:

System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.OperationCanceledException: The operation was canceled. at Microsoft.FSharp.Control.AsyncBuilderImpl.commit[a](AsyncImplResult`1 res)
at Microsoft.FSharp.Control.CancellationTokenOps.RunSynchronouslyInCurrentThread[a](CancellationToken token, FSharpAsync`1 computation)
at Microsoft.FSharp.Control.CancellationTokenOps.RunSynchronously[a](CancellationToken token, FSharpAsync`1 computation, FSharpOption`1 timeout)
at Microsoft.FSharp.Control.FSharpAsync.RunSynchronously[T](FSharpAsync`1 computation, FSharpOption`1 timeout, FSharpOption`1 cancellationToken)
at Suave.Web.startWebServer(SuaveConfig config, FSharpFunc`2 webpart)
at Server.start(CancellationToken token, Int32 port, ILanguage translator, Func`1 state, Func`1 shopppingLists, Action`3 changeShoppingList)
at EDEngineer.Utils.System.ServerBridge.<>c__DisplayClass8_0.<Start>b__0()
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InnerInvoke()
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
---> (Inner Exception #0) System.OperationCanceledException: The operation was canceled.
at Microsoft.FSharp.Control.AsyncBuilderImpl.commit[a](AsyncImplResult`1 res)
at Microsoft.FSharp.Control.CancellationTokenOps.RunSynchronouslyInCurrentThread[a](CancellationToken token, FSharpAsync`1 computation)
at Microsoft.FSharp.Control.CancellationTokenOps.RunSynchronously[a](CancellationToken token, FSharpAsync`1 computation, FSharpOption`1 timeout)
at Microsoft.FSharp.Control.FSharpAsync.RunSynchronously[T](FSharpAsync`1 computation, FSharpOption`1 timeout, FSharpOption`1 cancellationToken)
at Suave.Web.startWebServer(SuaveConfig config, FSharpFunc`2 webpart)
at Server.start(CancellationToken token, Int32 port, ILanguage translator, Func`1 state, Func`1 shopppingLists, Action`3 changeShoppingList)
at EDEngineer.Utils.System.ServerBridge.<>c__DisplayClass8_0.<Start>b__0()
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()<---

I am running 1.1.2.8. Thank you for your good work.

yeah it's not a real failure, it just means you stopped the API (message shouldn't appear though)

see https://github.com/msarilar/EDEngineer/issues/421

Thanks. Now I am getting this error every time I start EDEngineer. I am pretty sure I haven't changed anything! Closing the error box closes the program.

System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.InvalidOperationException: Instant out of range for DateTime
at NodaTime.Instant.ToDateTimeUtc()
at EDEngineer.Utils.System.LogWatcher.<>c__DisplayClass19_1.<GetFilesContentFrom>b__3(FileInfo f, Int32 i)
at System.Linq.Enumerable.<TakeWhileIterator>d__29`1.MoveNext()
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 collection)
at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
at EDEngineer.Utils.System.LogWatcher.GetFilesContentFrom(Nullable`1 latestInstant)
at EDEngineer.Views.MainWindowViewModel.LoadState()
at EDEngineer.Views.MainWindowViewModel..ctor(Languages languages, String directory)
at EDEngineer.Views.MainWindow.<>c__DisplayClass3_0.<.ctor>b__0()
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
---> (Inner Exception #0) System.InvalidOperationException: Instant out of range for DateTime
at NodaTime.Instant.ToDateTimeUtc()
at EDEngineer.Utils.System.LogWatcher.<>c__DisplayClass19_1.<GetFilesContentFrom>b__3(FileInfo f, Int32 i)
at System.Linq.Enumerable.<TakeWhileIterator>d__29`1.MoveNext()
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 collection)
at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
at EDEngineer.Utils.System.LogWatcher.GetFilesContentFrom(Nullable`1 latestInstant)
at EDEngineer.Views.MainWindowViewModel.LoadState()
at EDEngineer.Views.MainWindowViewModel..ctor(Languages languages, String directory)
at EDEngineer.Views.MainWindow.<>c__DisplayClass3_0.<.ctor>b__0()
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()<---

Hi,
thanks for this great tool!

How do I manually unlock Modules/Engineers? I already have most of the Guardian Modules and Engineers, but it doesn´t show in EDEngineer.

keep up the good work!
thx
Neubsi

should be all right now

That issue is resolved but I'm not able to export from Coriolis to EDEngineer. API is on, but I receive a "failed to send to EDEngineer" message. I noticed that it asks for my CMDR name as displayed in EDEngineer, but I don't actually see it displayed anywhere. Thanks for your help with this great tool.

That issue is resolved but I'm not able to export from Coriolis to EDEngineer. API is on, but I receive a "failed to send to EDEngineer" message. I noticed that it asks for my CMDR name as displayed in EDEngineer, but I don't actually see it displayed anywhere. Thanks for your help with this great tool.

This is a thing now? Neat!

I can reproduce the error as well.

Last edited:
It looks like the materials are correct but some of the mod names don't match Coriolis. For example, I have LR Cannons listed in EDEngineer but LR Pulse in Coriolis. Same for a few other mods. The bigger issue is that I can't scroll up or down to see everything imported. Even full-screened it doesn't show everything.

Top Bottom