Release EDRefCard - makes a printable reference card of your controller bindings

Just wanted to say that I found EDRefCard today and it is amazing. Just got a new HOTAS and wasn't sure what the names of the switches referred to in game mapped to on my HOTAS. Thanks a million!!

This tool is a must have. Thank you.

supplying the reference "dvsdrd"

VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip
VPC MongoosT-50CM Throttle

Last edited:
Marvellous tool - BUT
For my XBox360 controller mappings (I play in a recliner ;) the resultant modifier colours are 'mismatched' - ie. Modifier 4 is 'A' which should be Green but is showing Yellow, B (Red) is correct, X (Blue) as Green and Y (Yellow) as Blue.
This requires a (almost insurmountable) mental remapping when looking at the resultant modified key actions. Would be grateful for advice (binds file, resuffixed for upload, and resultant pdf (if size allows) attached, I realise the image is an XBoxOne controller but that's of no issue).

Attachments

• Custom.3.0.txt
    50.8 KB · Views: 298
  • Custom.3.0.zip
    982.6 KB · Views: 272

This is the stick I am using, but it appears to be mirrored to what I press in reality. If I press the front right of the 6 buttons on the right side, shown as joy_11 on this page, it is the joy_5 button by the game, and the site puts that keybind into the far left button where it thinks joy_5 is.

The buttons at the top work fine though.

Edit: Thanks to someone in discord, it turns out that it is because I have the joystick set to left handed.

Last edited:
I'm currently transitioning over to a vjoy-based control scheme, since my stick and throttle no longer match (and to clean up my key bindings). Is there any way I can generate a refsheet without any images? For reference, I'm setting myself up with two vjoy devices, one with 8 axis, 4 hats, 32 buttons, and the second with 8 axis, 4 hats, 24 buttons.
If needed, I can download the repo and run it locally, but I think some sort of fallback code would be good, no?

Right now if I generate a binding file it only shows the lower portion, with all the keyboard bindings.

I've updated EDRefCard to display the new bindings for the Store Camera and uploaded the 3.5 default bindings files and my own Thrustmaster TWCS binding with them aded.
If you have a custom setup you'll want to add your own bindings for the Store Camera.

I'm currently transitioning over to a vjoy-based control scheme, since my stick and throttle no longer match (and to clean up my key bindings). Is there any way I can generate a refsheet without any images? For reference, I'm setting myself up with two vjoy devices, one with 8 axis, 4 hats, 32 buttons, and the second with 8 axis, 4 hats, 24 buttons.
If needed, I can download the repo and run it locally, but I think some sort of fallback code would be good, no?

Right now if I generate a binding file it only shows the lower portion, with all the keyboard bindings.
Can you expand a bit on what you have in mind for "a refsheet without any images"?

The site asked me to do this:
You have a device that is not supported at this time. Please report details of your device by following the link at the bottom of this page supplying the reference "fuaexn" and we will attempt to add support for it.

I can only guess that the device is the logitech G13.

Hello

I hate to ask, but is there a way to do the reverse of this? It is great to have a way of seeing what is bound to the buttons of the sticks, pedals, keys and mouse, but I would like a way to look through the list of commands and see what is and or isn't bound to them. Basically I would like a way to see the in game tree loaded outside of the game so that I can figure out what I am missing and then determine how to add those before I go in game and do the work of editing the binds.

I also have a "ybgckt" that isn't supported by the tool.

@VerticalBlank Basically, I'm asking for a fallback mode for the app, where if it's given a device it doesn't recognize it generates some sort of default for the joystick similar to how the keyboard is handled but perhaps in some sort of grouped view--axis in one location, buttons in a nice-looking set of groupings in another location, POV hats in another. Something like this, but with buttons and with more than the relatively minimal amount of effort I just put into this (it's late, I should be asleep)

Attachments

• vJoy Mockup.png
    vJoy Mockup.png
    10.9 KB · Views: 268
I cannot find my .binds file.
C:\Users\XXXXX\AppData\Roaming\Frontier Developments\Elite Dangerous\Options
I only have an fsav_options011 File. This chages the datetime when i change the binds.

Edit: I found it, sorry for this post.

Last edited:
I cannot find my .binds file.
C:\Users\XXXXX\AppData\Roaming\Frontier Developments\Elite Dangerous\Options
I only have an fsav_options011 File. This chages the datetime when i change the binds.

Edit: I found it, sorry for this post.
No problem. For the record, it is the local appdata folder not the roaming one: %LOCALAPPDATA%\Frontier Developments\Elite Dangerous\Options\Bindings.

You have a device that is not supported at this time. Please report details of your device by following the link at the bottom of this page supplying the reference "qbuncj" and we will attempt to add support for it.

Request device support: Steam Controller

Still learning a bit how to use the steam controller myself for when I am away from my home setup, a ref card would probably help quite a bit.

I've been using a 3Dconnexion SpaceNavigator as a 3DOF Throttle in combination with a Defender Cobra M5. I'm using the SpaceNavigator through Sx2vJoy -> vJoy in order to use it as a HID device. This has probably been asked before but could the vJoy SpaceNavigator be added to EDRefCard? Thanks for the great work.

Top Bottom