Release EDRefCard - makes a printable reference card of your controller bindings

sorry to necro this old thread, but edrefcard site not working now, and i just started playing again with quest 2, having to use xbox gamepad, so wanting a printout of controls.
If you know any other new way of doinfg it i would be grateful to know

EDRefCard was hosted on OVH here:
EwGnLy_XIAMfxjc

Oh this thread is very much alive. Unfortunately the virtual server running EDRefCard was a victim of the very serious fire at OVH's data centre in Strasbourg. At this point it doesn't look like hosting will be restored before next week.

sorry to necro this old thread, but edrefcard site not working now, and i just started playing again with quest 2, having to use xbox gamepad, so wanting a printout of controls.
If you know any other new way of doinfg it i would be grateful to know

See above re the data centre issue.
Meanwhile, I hesitate to say this, but there is an unsupported clone running at http://edrefcard.slions.net/. Not sure why they don't support HTTPS.

Also, if you are au fait with web dev, you can run up a local copy in a Docker container by cloning: https://github.com/richardbuckle/EDRefCard and following the instructions in the readme.

Oh this thread is very much alive. Unfortunately the virtual server running EDRefCard was a victim of the very serious fire at OVH's data centre in Strasbourg. At this point it doesn't look like hosting will be restored before next week.
Holy crap. Glad it wasn't a total loss for the project data.

I am going to evaluate things further. At this point I am unsure whether it is worth the time and money to spin up an official clone, or just wait.
Just wanting to chime in here, I was finally researching keybindings for my X55 and couldn't figure out why this well referenced and highly reccomended website wasn't working. Was about to chalk it up to the similar woes I've had with finding guides and references for a game that's now over 6 years old. Didn't bother to think that the OVH fire was the explanation till I landed on this page of this thread.

Sorry to hear about your struggle with hosting. Hopefully it turns out to be hassle free for you, I know I'm not the only one grateful for the amount of work you put into this.
If you don't plan on rehosting/waitnig, by chance do you plan on converting the remaining afdesign files to a more open format?

Gave the github site a star btw. Trying to learn how to code a gui for Raspberry Pi that uses C++ for GPIO control and Python for GUI (I'm rambling...), while it's unrelated I'm pretty sure there's something that your repo could teach me.

If you don't plan on rehosting/waitnig, by chance do you plan on converting the remaining afdesign files to a more open format?

Gave the github site a star btw. Trying to learn how to code a gui for Raspberry Pi that uses C++ for GPIO control and Python for GUI (I'm rambling...), while it's unrelated I'm pretty sure there's something that your repo could teach me.
I already have a private branch with the master files converted from afdesign to SVG, I ought to get back onto that. I wouldn’t recommend the source code as a learning resource though, it’s clearly a script that outgrew itself and it is very poorly structured. I have managed to impose some structure and add unit tests, but the test coverage isn’t great.

Hosting update: OVH are hoping to restore power to SBG1 next week and bring hardware back up. At that point I will know whether I can restore the server from its latest snapshot or whether I need to spin up a new one and actually use my brain to configure Apache etc all over again.

I have considered redirecting the DNS to another site, if only so as to give an immediate HTTP 503 error, but at the moment it doesn't seem worthwhile.

First post on the forum. Actually, just found this forum and signed up because I started playing and references to all these great resources popped up on Google. Edrefcard - down, coriolos (sp?) down. Sorry to hear about the fire and thanks for the links. Wish you the best with the hosting and... silver lining, I now have this forum as well.

How do we add devices? About to get the new Slaw Dora V2 pedals and wanted generate an updated card. I recall there was a post somewhere, but can't seem to find

How do we add devices? About to get the new Slaw Dora V2 pedals and wanted generate an updated card. I recall there was a post somewhere, but can't seem to find
It'll be easier once the site is back up, so you can upload a sample config. Meanwhile we would need to find a suitable background image that is licenced for use and modification. Google advanced image search has options to specify that.

I'm not one for ED add-ons, but EDRefCard is one I've come back to several times.

Thank you so much for it. I do hope you can get your hosting resolved.
Thank you. I have been waiting for the situation with the OVH fire to resolve itself in hopes that a snapshot of the server may have survived the fire, but now all hope seems lost.
I am evaluating my options concerning the offers that OVH are giving, but it looks like I will be spinning up a clean new server from scratch.

Well, not all is lost, because EDRefCard has been backed up by the "WayBackMachine" of web.archive.org.
Site Snapshot of 24.02.21: https://web.archive.org/web/20210224004816/https://edrefcard.info/
Snapshot of the Listings of 24.02.21: https://web.archive.org/web/20201130233915/https://edrefcard.info/list

Now the server of Archive.org is slo-o-o-o-ow and there is no easy way to mass-download from it (if there is please let me know) or to make sure that the files arent corrupted when the snapshot was made. But its a possible start.

Thank you. I have been waiting for the situation with the OVH fire to resolve itself in hopes that a snapshot of the server may have survived the fire, but now all hope seems lost.
I am evaluating my options concerning the offers that OVH are giving, but it looks like I will be spinning up a clean new server from scratch.
What a terrible shame. I just found this thread after discovering the server was down. Its such a useful tool, I hope you find the energy to restore it.

Top Bottom